Raikonnen
Norris
Magnusen
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:45 AM   #546
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Dang, was going to switch Hamilton and Bottas but slept in and qualifying had started.
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:42 PM   #547
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh Vettel, come on
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:25 AM   #548
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

So picking up a wheel for PS4, what to get, how much to spend etc. Thanks!
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:50 AM   #549
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
So picking up a wheel for PS4, what to get, how much to spend etc. Thanks!
I'm strictly PC when it comes to this stuff, but I have a few setups and one is a Logitech G920, and they make a PS4 version of the same wheel, the G29. For the price, it's a very good wheel and pedal. The shifter isn't the best, but it's definitely 'good enough' especially for the price, but if you're looking at playing F1 who cares about the shifter anyway, you'd use the paddles.

If I were in your shoes I'd get the Logitech G29. Actually, that's not true, in your shoes I'd build a gaming PC and a sim racing rig, but since that's not what you asked:
https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Drivi.../dp/B00Z0UWWYC

Last edited by btimbit; 06-23-2019 at 04:52 AM.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:41 AM   #550
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Just keep in mind Xbox and Sony and the wheel makers are dink’s so they are not cross platform compatible. The G29 only works on PS3 and PS4 and may not work on PS5. Because greedy aholes want you to buy another wheel that’s almost as expensive as the console itself.

I use a G29 tho and it works great. Good quality.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:59 PM   #551
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ugh. What a boring ass race. The start looked interesting and the first few laps seemed like a couple good battles we're shaking out. Then the middle 30 laps were painful, followed by a decent last 5 laps. I'll have to watch it again when I get home...and cool down. But couple things I noticed, and maybe Cecil can chime in from Montreal.

1) Mercs turn in and exit very different than other cars. They seem to have almost a controlled snap over steer. It's like the brake, turn, car rotates very quickly to be straight on exit and they drop the hammer. Every other car seems to "round" off the corner and that delay let's Mercs turn so much faster.

2) The F1 cars are relatively quiet. F2 was louder.

3) McLaren looked really good and Renault was punchy. Didn't see what caused the penalties to Ricciardo. They actually announced "no further investigation" at the track.

4) Paul Ricard is a big ass circuit in the middle of nowhere. The French are thieves and would steal anything not nailed down. Saw maybe 30 - 50L oil tanks go, big flags of Giovanazzi, and even a 100m marker. Was sooooo weird.

Last edited by FLAMESRULE; 06-23-2019 at 03:01 PM.
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FLAMESRULE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2019, 03:24 PM   #552
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Loved the performance by McLaren. Still my favourite team, dark years aside.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:50 AM   #553
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well most of that was pretty uneventful. Last 10 or so laps were good. Oh well, these races happen. Nice to see what LeClarc can do when Ferrari doesn't have to an opportunity to screw him with Vettel.

Speaking of Vettel, sheesh, what a poor performance. I'm honestly not sure I can see him sticking around much longer.

At least we don't have to wait long for the next one!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:30 PM   #554
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESRULE View Post
Ugh. What a boring ass race. The start looked interesting and the first few laps seemed like a couple good battles we're shaking out. Then the middle 30 laps were painful, followed by a decent last 5 laps. I'll have to watch it again when I get home...and cool down. But couple things I noticed, and maybe Cecil can chime in from Montreal.

1) Mercs turn in and exit very different than other cars. They seem to have almost a controlled snap over steer. It's like the brake, turn, car rotates very quickly to be straight on exit and they drop the hammer. Every other car seems to "round" off the corner and that delay let's Mercs turn so much faster.

2) The F1 cars are relatively quiet. F2 was louder.

3) McLaren looked really good and Renault was punchy. Didn't see what caused the penalties to Ricciardo. They actually announced "no further investigation" at the track.

4) Paul Ricard is a big ass circuit in the middle of nowhere. The French are thieves and would steal anything not nailed down. Saw maybe 30 - 50L oil tanks go, big flags of Giovanazzi, and even a 100m marker. Was sooooo weird.
There’s no F2 in Montreal but i didn’t think the Ferrari challenge or GT3 were much difference for loudness. Only needed earplugs when we stood right on the fence near the wall of champions for F1. Anything further than about 10 feet away and the sound is fine.

I can confirm that anything not nailed down was fair game after the race. DRS signs, brake marker boards and bits of carbon fibre go first. There was some worry about protecting Lando’s car that just sat at the near the pit exit when fans rushed the track after the race

People even took the Pirelli signs that are basically thin plastic taped to the walls. And that’s no easy task, that stuff is like one giant long piece of super sticky wallpaper.

My mom picked up a chunk of tire marble as the worlds smallest and most pointless keepsake, put it on her ticket lanyard to take home.

In 2016 I saw a guy rolling a tire onto the metro that he got from one of the Ferrari challenge cars, which is crazy because the metro so busy. They are happy to give those away though, saves them the cost of recycling them.

As for the cars, I admit I didn’t pay enough attention to the difference between specific teams and how they took the corners, but you could definitely tell which cars nailed the turn 1 exit/turn 2 entry and how it affected their turn 2 exit speed.

It was also fun to watch them brake hard and attack the entry to turn 1.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2019, 04:00 PM   #555
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

You guys are warriors. This must be the most boring F1 season ever! I no longer watch it live and it takes about 10 mins to watch on pvr.

The only thing that can save it is if it rains every single race for the rest of the season.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:51 AM   #556
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah this season is terrible to watch if you're a fan, even some of us long time fans are struggling. But there is some good racing after the top 5 drivers. The midfield is actually pretty tight with Renault and McLaren looking better every weekend. It really is too bad the tv guys rarely show it for an extended time.

FP1 is tomorrow in Austria. It's ridiculous how hot it is here. 41c in Budapest with the humidity. RBR is supposed to be mid 30s and it's in the mountains.
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:20 AM   #557
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Question for you fans that have been watching Formula 1 for a couple decades: Was the Schumacher era as frustrating to watch as the Hamilton era?
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:56 AM   #558
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Question for you fans that have been watching Formula 1 for a couple decades: Was the Schumacher era as frustrating to watch as the Hamilton era?
no. The Schumacher era was still mostly fun (for me at least because of guys like Montoya and Raikkonen), but this ... this is bad. I grew up loving F1 in the 90s (my dad was a big fan) and watched pretty much every race until 2014 or so, but I have close to zero interest in F1 these days. They've gradually killed this sport through a number of terrible decisions over the last years and joke penalties like the Vettel one in Montreal don't help.

I can only recommend MotoGP instead if you want to watch exciting racing these days.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #559
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

I would say yes. The Schumacher era is why I stopped watching F1 when I was younger and had less patience.

Funny you ask since some graphics were posted on reddit showing Schumacher’s dominance is a mirror image of Hamilton’s dominance. Both have won 52% of all races during their domination.

Unfortunately I got back in too late and missed the golden era of F1 from 2007-2012 when there were many, many exciting races and the title was frequently decided in the final race, often with multiple drivers in contention until the end.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2019, 01:32 PM   #560
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll be away from a computer for a few days, so I'll put this up now. I may refine if I get a chance Friday.

Hamilton
Bottas
Verstappen
Vettel
Leclerc
Sainz
Ricciardo
Norris
Magnussen
Gasly
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote