Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-09-2018, 11:59 AM   #81
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is Sherman too much of a diva to deal with? Or was his injury worse than expected?
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:01 PM   #82
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'll take Worley for sure. Some thought he was the Panther's best corner by the end of the year. Mills, Jones, Worley is a young pretty good secondary.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:15 PM   #83
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
Is Sherman too much of a diva to deal with? Or was his injury worse than expected?
All of the above and the fact he's 30 and his game has been starting to decline. I'm pretty sure Carroll was getting tired of him second guessing the coaches in the media. The achilles injury is a tough one to come back from and he's had surgery on both so I would expect at next season at the very least he won't be 100% if he ever gets back to 100%. He's also declined a bit over the past few seasons but even at that he's been very good but it's hard to tell just how good Sherman ever was because he's had the benefit of playing with two of the greatest safeties in history over his career in Thomas (in particular) and Chancellor in that cover 3 defense. CB's that have left Seattle have not fared well on other teams so it's possible Sheman gets exposed on a lesser defense or different scheme.

I don't know how many Hawks fans are here but I would get prepared for some rough years ahead. They are turning over some stellar talent and even though it's Carroll's defense they have the worst defensive coordinator I have seen in my life in KNJ. Even as a puppet coordinator I would expect a drop off in coaching here.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:48 PM   #84
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
Older guy coming off an ACL injury. Pair that with his media and sideline antics and I can see why nobody traded for him
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:51 PM   #85
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

The same situation seemed to happen to Pete Carrol in USC. Seems the coaching approach he has works until in unravels from the locker room outwards.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #86
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jarvis Landry to the Browns.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:05 PM   #87
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Jarvis Landry to the Browns.
and Tyrod Taylor.

Seems like I was mistaken, and they indeed are targeting Barkley at #1.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:13 PM   #88
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup. This would all but confirm Barkley at #1
Old 03-09-2018, 04:17 PM   #89
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

So now do the Giants draft their future QB or take Chubb now. The mocks are sure to look a lot different noe
Old 03-09-2018, 04:25 PM   #90
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Browns may not be done. Trade with Packers incoming?

John Dorsey must have just finished watching Draft Day
Old 03-09-2018, 04:42 PM   #91
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Browns may not be done. Trade with Packers incoming?

John Dorsey must have just finished watching Draft Day
involving Damarious Randall and DeShone Kizer apparently ... wow.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:06 PM   #92
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I think it’s kind of neat that someone told NFL GMs you’re allowed to make trades. As long as someone other than Denver takes Allen in the draft I’ll be alright wth how it turns out. I think.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2018, 05:36 PM   #93
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder what fueled GB to make that swap... Randall seemed to be a pretty decent starter
Old 03-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #94
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So now do the Giants draft their future QB or take Chubb now. The mocks are sure to look a lot different noe
I have heard the rumblings that the Giants may not draft a QB which to me is incredibly silly. Manning at 37 is not Tom Brady and at this stage of his career is merely serviceable. Unless the plan is to go for broke next season and then have another disastrous season following why not draft the QB of future when you earned the 2nd overall pick? Much easier to get a top QB this high than in the early teens which is likely where Manning will take at best. Passing on a QB has to be hard to swallow for Giants fans as it's close to time they moved from Manning.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:03 PM   #95
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I have heard the rumblings that the Giants may not draft a QB which to me is incredibly silly. Manning at 37 is not Tom Brady and at this stage of his career is merely serviceable. Unless the plan is to go for broke next season and then have another disastrous season following why not draft the QB of future when you earned the 2nd overall pick? Much easier to get a top QB this high than in the early teens which is likely where Manning will take at best. Passing on a QB has to be hard to swallow for Giants fans as it's close to time they moved from Manning.
I've heard the Giants don't want to further ruffle feathers after the Eli benching. I agreenitnis a large mistake to not make their move to replace Eli, especially given the division they're in, Eli may never see the playoffs again.

The Giants are in a unique position to sell that pick for a ransom though, you could maybe move down and pick up a 1st rounder next year and maybe select one of the other QBs?
Old 03-09-2018, 08:34 PM   #96
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index...rt_strong.html

Browns made a series of trades on Friday night, giving up multiple draft picks to acquire quarterback Tyrod Taylor, wide receiver Jarvis Landry and cornerback Damarious Randall.

The Browns have more than $100 million in salary cap space. All the salary cap space piled up by the front office of former Browns general manager Sashi Brown permitted the trades for Taylor and Landry to happen.

They kept all their first and second round picks too. I'm not sure getting Taylor guarantees they won't take a QB #1. He seems to be a game manager/placeholder QB. Browns fans seem split on taking Barkley #1. Some think the QB position is too important and RBs can break down early. I side with others that say there will be good QB options at #4.

Last edited by troutman; 03-09-2018 at 08:41 PM.
troutman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2018, 08:25 AM   #97
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
I wonder what fueled GB to make that swap... Randall seemed to be a pretty decent starter
He was a bit of a problem child for McCarthy, and one thing GB seems to be leaning to is high character players the last few seasons. Not convinced it's the way to stay competitive in the NFL, but it is what they have chosen to do.

I dont think Kizer is an NFL level QB, but obviously one or more of their personnel guys like something about him. Randall has some serious potential but also big downside if he doesn't get focused.

Also that swap of 4th and 5th rd picks is a sneaky good upgrade with both of those being the 1st choice in each round.

When I heard this yesterday i was just shaking my head as it seems ridiculous to me, but truth is that Hundley was god awful when he got his chance and now they have someone to compete for that spot and without wasting a draft pick in round 5 or whatever.

I figured for sure they made the deal to take a run at Sherman, which at this point, thankfully, they are not. Want nothing to do with him.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #98
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default 2018 NFL thread

Cousins to the Vikings? Also reporting Sherman to the 49ers, not 100% sure in the reliability of the website.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=504187

Last edited by Luder; 03-10-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:10 PM   #99
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Confirmed Sherman to 49ers.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:41 PM   #100
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Confirmed Sherman to 49ers.
Good...didn't want any part of him in GB. Just don't know how he will be when he does get back as he wasn't the fleetest of foot to begin with and an achilles tear can really hurt speed when trying to return.