Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2018, 09:23 AM   #21
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

via Imgflip Meme Generator
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #22
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ll never cheer for losses especially when we have no draft picks but I don’t really care what the final score is.

What I am hoping for:

- Ferland beats the **** out of Ryan Kesler.
- Perry gets the rest of his teeth knocked out.
- Stewart destroys Getzlaf.

That’s about it. I’m not promoting violence, I just hate the Ducks.
dieHARDflameZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dieHARDflameZ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2018, 09:59 AM   #23
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm hoping to see Bennett and Gaudreau generate some offense tonight.

As far as I'm concerned, Bennett, Andersson and Lazar are the three reasons I'm watching tonight.

Bennett and Lazar have consistently been improving all season. They look like young promising players, and I believe that under next year's coach they will both be important pieces. Andersson has likely finished his time in the AHL, so I'm excited to watch as he develops at the NHL level. It won't be an instant explosion I'm sure, but tiny incremental steps will be nice to see. Also, Kulak's play this year is starting to win me over - I think he'll be a mainstay next year.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:02 AM   #24
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just. Be entertaining.

Oh, why bother....win, lose, whatever, the tragic number is 10 now and I don't really see them escaping the fate they've built for themselves.

Celebrate Matt Stajan's 1,000th! That is a hell of a milestone.
taxbuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:07 AM   #25
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll take a Matt Stajan hat trick in a 3-2 win. Or an 8-3 loss. Sadly, really not much difference at this stage...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:10 AM   #26
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm glad it's free to watch on tv cause I wouldn't pay for a 20% chance you might be entertained never mind win.
442scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:13 AM   #27
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I won't be surprised if we win the next 3 games against California to give us another realistic chance of making the playoffs, only to get our dreams crushed again.

Playoffs or not, just play good hockey, please.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:19 AM   #28
The Hendog
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Flames should be starting Rittich a lot the rest of the way including this game

Smith just came back from injury and hasn't looked to great - give him a break

Let's see how Rittich bounces back for the rest of the year to help decide if he should stick around the Flames going forward
The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:24 AM   #29
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

I'll tune for the Stajan ceremony! Congrats!

Then the inspired team will win tonight, rattle off 8 in a row total and squeak into the playoffs on a major hot streak...

Or, they will more likely come out, out-shoot the Ducks by 10 in the 1st but then give up a late goal, followed by another before the period ends and any last bit of helium in the balloon will be out and they lose 5-1
Old 03-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #30
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate the Ducks even more than the Oilers. Win or lose, I'd like to see the Flames bring some pain tonight and pound the Ducks every chance they get. The least we can do is bruise them up a little so they're limping heading into the playoffs.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:29 AM   #31
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm looking forward to certain posters jumping on mistakes by Ferland (and indeed there were some last game) to promote their view that Bennett should get more top line time.

Yes, it's obvious.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:32 AM   #32
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

What has Ferland done in the last 40+ games to warrant continued time on the first line exactly? He's been a ghost of his former self, not scoring, not physical, not visible at all really..outside of the few giveaways.

Not defending Sam (kinda sorta am) but in his limited time on the wing in Ferlands place we've seen more offensive zone time and some recent success.

If not Ferland or Sam who do you want to see lineup on the right side in their place?

Either way, at this point I don't think there's any solution to success so throw anyone out there for all I care.
Let's hope there's a new face on that line next year that can pull the trigger and make pucks disappear into the back of the net on a nightly basis.

Last edited by Royle9; 03-21-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:37 AM   #33
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

Flames will score 2 in the first and 2 in the second for a 4-0 lead. Ducks score 5 straight in the third to win.

We outshoot the Ducks 64-6 so Glen is happy with the Corsi win and promises we are about to turn this around very soon.
Smith will get mad at all the dmen except Gio.

ClubFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #34
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Pat Steinberg @Fan960Steinberg
#Flames today:

Gaudreau-Shore-Bennett
Frolik-Backlund-Brouwer
Ferland-Jankowski-Hathaway
Glass-Stajan-Lazar

Giordano-Hamilton
Hamonic-Stone
Kulak-Andersson

Shore subbing for Monahan who’s not taking the morning skate.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:42 AM   #35
automaton 3
First Line Centre

Exp:

Flames will probably win the Corsi cup, but lose the actual game as per usual.

I despise the Ducks so I hope this is not how it goes down tonight. Please be an entertaining game.
automaton 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:42 AM   #36
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
What has Ferland done in the last 40+ games to warrant continued time on the first line exactly? He's been a ghost of his former self, not scoring, not physical, not visible at all really..outside of the few giveaways.

Not defending Sam (kinda sorta am) but in his limited time on the wing in Ferlands place we've seen more offensive zone time and some recent success.

If not Ferland or Sam who do you want to see lineup on the right side in their place?

Either way, at this point I don't think there's any solution to success so throw anyone out there for all I care.
Let's hope there's a new face on that line next year that can pull the trigger and make pucks disappear into the back of the net on a nightly basis.
I prefer Bennett on the top line right now. But read the posts, who they are by and the other posts about Bennett by that person.

Frankly, I'm also not against trying Bennett at centre with Jankowski, who hasn't impressed me at the position lately, while Bennett has played more like a centre of late, and if it doesn't work, you can switch it up. If Bennett can find a centre ice game the team looks so much better.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2018, 10:42 AM   #37
The Boy Wonder
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I'm looking forward to certain posters jumping on mistakes by Ferland (and indeed there were some last game) to promote their view that Bennett should get more top line time.

Yes, it's obvious.
I mean I probably will. But Bennett had looked better on that top line for a couple weeks now. And last game ferland was terrible for more than just some mistakes. I don’t hate ferland, I just think he’s gone the way of lance bouma and decided that he doesn’t need to fight anymore, when the physical play was what led to him being successful in the first place. He’s better when he plays physical and I would love for him to beat up kesler and really stick it to the ducks tonight

I don’t take joy in ripping on ferland, I just don’t think he’s been a top line player for about a month now (excluding injury time) and I would love to see GG experiment with different line combos Forbes the rest of the season, now is the time to see what you have for next year and whether you can bottle some lightning with some new combination

Last edited by The Boy Wonder; 03-21-2018 at 10:46 AM.
The Boy Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:43 AM   #38
Nsd1
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

They need to shut Monahan down for the season. Hasn't looked well for awhile now.
Nsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nsd1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2018, 10:43 AM   #39
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Glass is in. At least there will be some crazy hits and a fight.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:46 AM   #40
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

We are the Washington Generals to Anaheim's Harlem Globetrotters.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: