Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2022, 11:08 AM   #101
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT77 View Post
12 seasons in his career and only 1 30 goal season, 2 if you count the 28 goals in 52 games two seasons ago now with Montreal and consider it over an 82 game pace. Last season was 20 goals in 74 games split with Montreal and Calgary. You keep mentioning his 28 goals in 52 games every time I talk about Toffoli like he does that every season lol. That was literally one season, and as I mentioned earlier, one 31 goal season...7 years ago lmao. He has a whopping 193 goals in 651 career games, damn what a sniper eh? Ovechkin better watch out, or Toffoli might break Gretzky's record goal record first! That's 24 goals over an 82 games average in his career. How that translates to a "pure goal scorer" that he's been labelled as is beyond me. The only reason I can think of why he's considered that is because he sucks at everything else even more than scoring goals.

I can tell you're one of those homer fans that simply cannot criticize anything the Flames do as negative or wrong, such as the Toffoli trade, and think everything they do is right. He ####ing sucks man, just accept and admit it. Nice try though, I'll give you an A for effort just to keep your spirits and hopes up.
2020-2021, last season when the deal was made. Stop being a clown, nobody said he was Ovechkin. Still is one of the best deadline deals if we are comparing apples to apples considering most of the others are UFAs now.

And 24 goals a year career average is really good for 4M, he is also good at other aspects. If 24 goals a season career average "sucks" well I guess most of the league sucks

Last edited by dino7c; 06-30-2022 at 11:14 AM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 11:14 AM   #102
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
I agree with you that he is massively overrated however I would say he is a solid / very good 3rd liner but maybe a middling to iffy 2nd liner. He was incredibly disappointing over his Calgary tenure and anyone arguing the alternative is being disengenuous.

Toffoli’s problem is conditioning and overall laziness (as usual, like most people that get paid big NHL contracts). Toffoli just isn’t interested in putting forth the CONSISTENT work ethic needed over a season. 82 games, Toffoli will come to work about 1/4 of them. Because his talent level is insane, he gets away with it. It’s pretty obvious he’s just one of those guys that won’t compete when you need them to.
Agree on conditioning, not laziness. Dude works hard 200 feet.

As for his acquisition cost, it was a first but a late late one. When people here complain about giving up a first they make it sound like it was a lottery pick. Flames acquired a good two way player who needs conditioning, and who gets paid not very much, on a non-rental basis. That’s decent value.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2022, 11:31 AM   #103
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Crosby's Hat View Post
I stand corrected. WAR percentile of 87. Clearly he really does suck. In fact, I don't know why he's in the league at all, if he's only better than 87% of the other players.