Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2022, 09:43 AM   #161
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Me too. I got banned from r/tattoos because I kept making fun of all the bad tattoos, which is most of them TBH.
Why do I get the feeling that's far from the only sub you have been banned from?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 10:52 AM   #162
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Why do I get the feeling that's far from the only sub you have been banned from?
Oddly it has only been three that I can think of. All illegitimate bans IMO.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 10:56 AM   #163
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ve seen pics of tattoos with such embarrassing misspellings that buyers should run them through spell check.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 10:01 PM   #164
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I’ve seen pics of tattoos with such embarrassing misspellings that buyers should run them through spell check.
Hey man, you gotta live with no ragrets!!
Old 07-05-2022, 10:54 PM   #165
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Oddly it has only been three that I can think of. All illegitimate bans IMO.
/r/dogs and /r/homemakers?
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to woob For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 11:12 PM   #166
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

You guys are all in luck as r/badtattoos does in fact exist, it's slower sub but really good
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 11:54 PM   #167
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Been noticing a lot of fanny packs out in the wild lately. People seem to be wearing them diagonally across their chest, but we all know they're fanny packs. I love it.
These have been a hot commodity for about 4 years. I have two made by Herschel so they are fashionable.
Old 07-06-2022, 07:24 AM   #168
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
Hey man, you gotta live with no ragrets!!
#periodlife
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:10 AM   #169
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
One of my favorite things in the world is bad tattoos.
We had a tattoo thread in here a while ago. 90% of them were terrible but if the owner loves it who am I to judge (publicly)?
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 08:13 AM   #170
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
/r/dogs and /r/homemakers?
/r/mountaintowns
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 09:53 AM   #171
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
We had a tattoo thread in here a while ago. 90% of them were terrible but if the owner loves it who am I to judge (publicly)?
Exactly, who the #### cares. Have your opinion, but broadcasting it to the "owner" of the tattoo is a massive Richardhead move.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 03:24 PM   #172
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Exactly, who the #### cares. Have your opinion, but broadcasting it to the "owner" of the tattoo is a massive Richardhead move.
There’s all sorts of things you don’t say directly to another person out of general politeness and decorum.

But.

If someone with a face tattoo is expecting me to treat them like everyone else who doesn’t have a face tattoo… sorry. I can’t do it. You crossed a bridge, and now you have to live on the other side, not me.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 03:26 PM   #173
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
There’s all sorts of things you don’t say directly to another person out of general politeness and decorum.

But.

If someone with a face tattoo is expecting me to treat them like everyone else who doesn’t have a face tattoo… sorry. I can’t do it. You crossed a bridge, and now you have to live on the other side, not me.
On the whole...I agree that you can keep your opinions to yourself, largely, but I'm inclined to agree with you on the face tattoos.

Thats just too far. Technically...people with face tats started this. If you keep your tattoos to yourself thats fine, but once you put it on your face....thats public domain!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 03:29 PM   #174
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I guess so, but I don't really get why you'd post on a discussion board asking people what they think about your tattoo and then get butthurt when people take the time to go into painstaking detail articulating all the ways in which they think it's ####ty.

You just want everyone to go, 'cool tattoo, bro'? That's no fun. Reddit isn't a site dedicated to giving out free compliments.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 03:36 PM   #175
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I guess so, but I don't really get why you'd post on a discussion board asking people what they think about your tattoo and then get butthurt when people take the time to go into painstaking detail articulating all the ways in which they think it's ####ty.

You just want everyone to go, 'cool tattoo, bro'? That's no fun. Reddit isn't a site dedicated to giving out free compliments.
Oh it certainly is...and all those needing compliments should spend some real quality time there fishing for them.

You'll get all kinds of feedback.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 07-06-2022, 04:21 PM   #176
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Oh it certainly is...and all those needing compliments should spend some real quality time there fishing for them.

You'll get all kinds of feedback.
Ahhh, see I treated r/tattoos the same way I treat r/roastme. I guess that's why the banhammer was dropped.
Old 07-06-2022, 04:29 PM   #177
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ahhh, see I treated r/tattoos the same way I treat r/roastme. I guess that's why the banhammer was dropped.
A crazy subreddit takes issue with Sliver's thoughts?

The Terrorists have now, truly won.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 10:33 PM   #178
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

We did a bunch of reno work in the basement last year. It actually felt way better before. Yep, you don’t ever get used to hard floors where carpet belongs.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:05 PM   #179
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I've never been super rah rah with the progressive social media fueled movements, but if there's something i think would pay big dividends in today's western culture it's that I think we need to normalize complimenting men the way we already do women.

No one bats an eye when a woman is complimented on her hair/accessories/outfit etc, and its a normal part of our culture. But men can go week, months or even years without hearing a genuine compliment about anything they are or do. And I think part of it is that it's just not as conventional and maybe is automatically interpreted by some to be flirting rather than just saying something nice? Been trying to wrap my mind around why there is more hesitancy to pay compliments to men in public settings. Obviously its not unheard of and I've been blessed enough to hear something nice now and again from people around work, but there is still undeniably a huge discrepancy on this side if the fence and if there anything that I think our culture could easily change with a bit of awareness it's this.

Here you have men disproportionately dominating the rates of suicides that are successfully carried out and I think you can trace that back to men generally lacking a real bearing on their value in the world. Many are intelligent, strong people to those that depend on them and work alongside them but have no idea that they bring this value to the lives of people in their circles just because it isn't expressed.

Anyways.. that's my thought.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2022, 06:06 AM   #180
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Sorry I was saying in the context of telling people your unsolicited thoughts or opinions on their tattoos or anything they wear/use/own (clothes, vehicle, haircut, the list is endless)

Now, if someone asks then it’s fair game. Don’t ask the question if you don’t want the answer, and sure as #### don’t ask it on the internet. That also has to be measured on how you want the person to feel.

“Oh my god! That is the most hideous ####ty tattoo I have ever seen. What the #### were you thinking?”

Vs

“It’s not a tattoo I would get, but if that’s what you wanted and are happy with it good for you”

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote