Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 07:53 PM   #7741
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
On the other hand, Jello Biafra, Henry Rollins and Greg Graffin hate Trump and never shut up about it, so it kind of balances it out.

I'd add Bob Mould to that list as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 08:00 PM   #7742
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Art Bergmann too:

Quote:
Hi gracious donors to Art Bergmann’s “Late Stage Empire Dementia”

The long wait is almost over.Album release is coming in the early new year.A single from the album is being rushed out now w/video to support all the peoples fighting fascism in the streets.”Christo-Fascists” features Russell Broom,Wayne Kramer,Ian Grant and myself kickin’ out the jams in 4 stuffed minutes of Detroit-style art/noise .Danny Vacon of “the Dudes” came in to accompany the “Anti-Dude” on some operatics.A glorious reminder of what can be achieved when we put on our thinkin’ caps with some muscles;HAH
https://artbergmann.com/

And D.O.A.

Last edited by troutman; 10-26-2020 at 08:03 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 08:01 PM   #7743
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Backfire how? They know they're about to take an electoral beating. This has been their goal for 3 decades, I'm sure if they were given the offer for this at the cost of sitting out a term or two, they'd take it.

They did it. They won.
Future court packing, the results of which means there isn’t a conservative majority for maybe 30-50 years.

Complete obliteration of the Republican Party as it currently exists, because the voters overwhelmingly support Democratic candidates. Republicans lose control of the Senate and State houses for years, perhaps decades, as a result of their disregard for the American people now.

A Democratic controlled Congress and Presidency push through a raft of programs and laws that make it difficult for any future party to overturn due to their popularity.

A Democratic controlled Senate changes the “house rules” that effectively result in the Republican Party to never be able to push through legislation again.

Democratic controlled State houses use Census results to redraw districts to essentially write out Republican voting districts.

And so on.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:24 PM   #7744
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think you overestimate the memories of the collective American electorate. Republicans have blown up the budget, got ousted, and then successfully ran on fiscal prudence a bunch of times. This won't be any different.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 08:48 PM   #7745
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I think you overestimate the memories of the collective American electorate. Republicans have blown up the budget, got ousted, and then successfully ran on fiscal prudence a bunch of times. This won't be any different.
Maybe, but a lot of the backlash can happen quickly and can have immediate effects and results.

Plus, not everyone forgets easily.

There are still a lot of Southern voters who vote strict Democrat because of Civil War issues, a la the “yellow dog Democrat.”
Old 10-26-2020, 08:52 PM   #7746
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
On the other hand, Jello Biafra, Henry Rollins and Greg Graffin hate Trump and never shut up about it, so it kind of balances it out.

The Sex Pistols were sellout poseurs from the beginning anyway.
Punk is still overwhelmingly liberal but it's still annoying to see any pro-Trump talk. I think it's mostly old dudes who became conservative but still want to be outsiders.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:56 PM   #7747
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can we get Rancid's opinion on this?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 09:16 PM   #7748
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Can we get Rancid's opinion on this?
I’m waiting to hear from Ja Rule.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 10:19 PM   #7749
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

The fact that we are sitting around joking about what bands political stripes are is a sad reflection of where we are at when you just had the Republicans ram through a new Supreme Court justice for life.

You then also have on the same page a current sitting judge write about how Trump is going to win the election no matter what and it’s a bit surprising the calm and jovial reaction in here given this was probably the proverbial nail in the coffin for the United States.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 10:28 PM   #7750
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
The fact that we are sitting around joking about what bands political stripes are is a sad reflection of where we are at when you just had the Republicans ram through a new Supreme Court justice for life.

You then also have on the same page a current sitting judge write about how Trump is going to win the election no matter what and it’s a bit surprising the calm and jovial reaction in here given this was probably the proverbial nail in the coffin for the United States.
I'm pretty confident Biden will be the winner by the end of the night so Brett can go EAD and likely be impeached
Old 10-26-2020, 10:28 PM   #7751
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:

Let's at least wait to see how the election plays out before we stick our heads in the oven. Bad news with the supreme court, but really nothing surprising as it was a foregone conclusion. Have to moderate your outrage with Trump/republican news are you'll drive yourself insane.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 10:29 PM   #7752
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

Quote:

I kind of appreciated the levity, while I'm down here in the US trying to keep an anxiety attack at bay because an inexperienced nut job was just gifted a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land calling into question the rights of myself and many of my close friends.

Please, joke about bands. I need a distraction.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wittynickname For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 10:32 PM   #7753
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anything this motivates people to vote Dem IMO...even if Biden is not your favorite there is more on the line (duh, wake the #### up bernie bros.)

GOP played DIRTY here...stacking courts, impeaching judges? why not...Brett has already committed perjury
Old 10-26-2020, 10:45 PM   #7754
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I’m waiting to hear from Ja Rule.
Ja Rule has already given the Trump voters their out on November 4th.

“I too was duped, hoodwinked, and led astray.”
Old 10-26-2020, 10:46 PM   #7755
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Why did Biden not remind everyone that Trump was impeached? I forgot to ask this back in the debate days last week. Seems like a huge oversight not to remind everyone about that.

Also in general. Considering what a constant barrage and #### show Trump has been, looking back after watching those debates... Biden really did an awful job. He had soooooooooo much material, and didn’t unload any of it. Pretty brutal actually because there was a lot to go after and I don’t have any memorable Biden moments or comments that hit home. How was that possible when he was up against the worst leader in western democracy of all time?
Old 10-26-2020, 10:49 PM   #7756
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
I'm pretty confident Biden will be the winner by the end of the night so Brett can go EAD and likely be impeached
I don’t think it matters regarding the votes and actually that’s the point. Many people seem to be missing this and also why Trump doesn’t care about the election because he will retain power regardless.

Next steps by the way after January once the protesting stops or whatever will be elimination of Presidential term limits allowing him to rule for life.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:51 PM   #7757
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I think Gorsuch and Roberts side with the liberals on most of the crucial state election issues. If legislation clearly states postmarked by x date or received by x date then the textualists will concur.

Pennsylvania practically wrote the judgement with the textualists in mind when they ruled on the signature verifications.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:52 PM   #7758
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Uh huh. Bullet proof.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:04 PM   #7759
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Uh huh. Bullet proof.
Not at all. Though Trump just winning the election legitimately and pushing for the elimination of term limits legitimately (a which point Obama comes back to run against him) is much more likely then the decent into civil war.

538 has that between 10-15%.

Why worry about the radical scenario when a 5% polling error at the state level is still sufficient to give Trump a legal victory.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:08 PM   #7760
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don’t think it matters regarding the votes and actually that’s the point. Many people seem to be missing this and also why Trump doesn’t care about the election because he will retain power regardless.

Next steps by the way after January once the protesting stops or whatever will be elimination of Presidential term limits allowing him to rule for life.
Trumps only play is if he is winning at the end of election night and blocks ballots not counted...I don't see it

He told everyone his plan and is motivating people to vote early