Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell > The CP Power Ring
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2023, 05:02 PM   #781
K1LLswitch
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Keith - thanks for the awesome service! I learned a ton about my furnace and appreciated you taking the time to teach me some proper maintenance.

I will be referring you to friends and family!

Cheers!
K1LLswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to K1LLswitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2023, 03:42 AM   #782
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Bump
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 07:45 AM   #783
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Air conditioning Installs booking into July.

My installer now has a 100% guarantee on installs. Everything properly installed as Carrier has kicked up the warranty, changed coils to all aluminum which transfer heat better and last longer than anybrsnd out there.
My installer won the presidents award honoring the top Installers in North America. This is of course Chestermere Heating and Cooling 403-272-9976.
They have the best callout rates in the city for all repairs as well at ,$89,...there aren't after hours or emergency rates either.
Old 05-18-2023, 07:09 AM   #784
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bumped
Old 05-29-2023, 03:22 PM   #785
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for everything today!
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 06:57 PM   #786
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Very welcome
Old 06-16-2023, 02:55 PM   #787
Hanni
First Line Centre

Exp:

Looking for some advice on air conditioning. Unfortunately, we're a long way from Calgary otherwise I would have called you for sure, but hoping for an honest opinion on the general difference between Lennox vs Goodman vs Evcon. Those are the three I've had quoted to me so far.

Thanks!
Hanni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanni For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2023, 10:43 AM   #788
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
Looking for some advice on air conditioning. Unfortunately, we're a long way from Calgary otherwise I would have called you for sure, but hoping for an honest opinion on the general difference between Lennox vs Goodman vs Evcon. Those are the three I've had quoted to me so far.

Thanks!
Replied via PM.

For those wondering I'd prefer Carriers new line of air conditioning coils in 2023 over any other manufacturer as they have all new coils 71% thicker than previous years which translates into better Seer ratings, hot and cold transfer , better and more efficient use of refrigerant than any other manufacturer out there at the moment.

Better warranties than all other manufacturers as well

Different setups as well as txv valves are eliminated which regulate the amount of refrigerant used .

They now use v coils rather than old style A or N coils and have eliminated Copper entirely so no more corrosion and rapid breakdown of the coil itself if continually sitting in unlevel dirty drain trays.
Old 07-06-2023, 11:11 AM   #789
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks again to Keith for the great service. We have had Keith help us before and look forward to having him do another cleaning / inspection / tuneupnext summer.

Arrived on time, good communication, answered all my questions and gave me great recommendations for filters and the A/C.

Highly recommended.
Old 07-20-2023, 11:18 AM   #790
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bump....

August is when the switch gets flipped and busy season arrives.

Book now or forever hold your peace.
Old 08-14-2023, 10:48 AM   #791
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have been reading not put in those 3M expensive filters as they can eff up your furnace? is that true and if so what are these cheaper options?
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 11:08 AM   #792
ChuckieNZ
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
I have been reading not put in those 3M expensive filters as they can eff up your furnace? is that true and if so what are these cheaper options?
I'm not an HVAC expert by any means, but anecdotally I used to use the expensive filters as well and blew the motor on my furnace a few years back. From what I understand, the filter is more to stop dirt getting into the furnace system (i.e. it's not an air purifier) and higher MERV filters restrict airflow making the whole system work harder. I've been using something similar to this since: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dus...ack/1001755066.
ChuckieNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChuckieNZ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2023, 03:17 PM   #793
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:
Thumbs up

MERV 3 and 6 for residential

Higher MERVs should only be used in commercial and industrial applications.

All High MERV rated filters BOIL factory oil out of the sealed bearings on dc motors overheating them , revving up the CFM , motor output and restrict air to the furnace

ALL of those pleated filters 3M , KIRKLAND, Dustop , woven filters, 90 day filters restrict AIRFLOW and Increase the heating and cooling cycles by 18 to 30 percent ....and heighten the risk associated with motor failure.

That's JUST the 1" filters .....4 and 5 inch thick box filters are even worse because manufacturers say it's okay to use for 6 months .

This is patently false , bad advice.

ALL filters require MONTHLY maintenance.

USE a compressor or leaf blower on your stupidly expensive filters monthly and save yourself $40-65 + $$$$ per filter and then see a cost savings of that same 18-30% off your gas and electric bills and SAVE yourself from expensive bloody repairs

Lastly. Get your vents and ducts cleaned BY someone ....ahem.....Myfurnaceguy.homestars.com.....whose older wiser and has 20 plus years experience and over 11 thousand residential job completions and knows how to clean inspect and tune-up the most expensive appliance in your house.

Keep em clean and filters will save you $$$$ keep the ducts clean and save $$$ on repairs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2023, 04:40 PM   #794
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
MERV 3 and 6 for residential

Higher MERVs should only be used in commercial and industrial applications.

All High MERV rated filters BOIL factory oil out of the sealed bearings on dc motors overheating them , revving up the CFM , motor output and restrict air to the furnace

ALL of those pleated filters 3M , KIRKLAND, Dustop , woven filters, 90 day filters restrict AIRFLOW and Increase the heating and cooling cycles by 18 to 30 percent ....and heighten the risk associated with motor failure.

That's JUST the 1" filters .....4 and 5 inch thick box filters are even worse because manufacturers say it's okay to use for 6 months .

This is patently false , bad advice.

ALL filters require MONTHLY maintenance.

USE a compressor or leaf blower on your stupidly expensive filters monthly and save yourself $40-65 + $$$$ per filter and then see a cost savings of that same 18-30% off your gas and electric bills and SAVE yourself from expensive bloody repairs

Lastly. Get your vents and ducts cleaned BY someone ....ahem.....Myfurnaceguy.homestars.com.....whose older wiser and has 20 plus years experience and over 11 thousand residential job completions and knows how to clean inspect and tune-up the most expensive appliance in your house.

Keep em clean and filters will save you $$$$ keep the ducts clean and save $$$ on repairs
Interesting. And I trust your expertise. Our furnace company that installed and services ours told me way back when we built to just stay below merv 12. I've done that and haven't had a problem in 17 years.

I have an 11 in right now and it goes pretty dark quickly with this forest fire smoke.

In the winter I usually put the foam looking one that came with the furnace back in.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 02:29 PM   #795
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Taking bookings into October already

For the past decade I have last minute rushes which leaves folks waiting 3 months for services

Email me directly at keithmfg@gmail.com and I'll respond to that email
Old 09-24-2023, 08:48 AM   #796
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

October almost fully booked as of September 24 9 am...crazy busy.

Thanks CP for the referrals and repeat business since 2005
The Following User Says Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2023, 03:29 PM   #797
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
Taking bookings into October already

For the past decade I have last minute rushes which leaves folks waiting 3 months for services

Email me directly at keithmfg@gmail.com and I'll respond to that email

I will email you to schedule a servicing!
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rohara66 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2023, 03:55 PM   #798
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Booking into November
Old 10-13-2023, 10:21 PM   #799
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

If a furnace pilot light goes out only when the wind picks up, that's likely an issue with drafts coming down the chimney/flue/pipe or whatever, and blowing out the pilot light? Not my furnace, it's the tenant/security guard mobile home furnace on the non-profit society property, that we belong to. Furnace was lit and started about a month ago, been chugging along just fine, staying warm. Was there on Monday, all was well. Popped in today and it's out again - there were fairly high winds and lots of rain the past few days. Former tenant said that was always when it would go out - during high winds. Google tells me that it may not have the right cap on the chimney or it's sitting too high, or something, or possibly a thermocouple issue - the thermocouple has been replaced several times.

Do you do service calls out of Calgary at all? Need to get confirmation from the board/executive that a service call/repair can be set up. Property is probably a little better than an hour outside of Calgary, north on Hwy 22, then west just a bit off of 22.

Last edited by Minnie; 10-13-2023 at 10:26 PM.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 06:22 PM   #800
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't really suggest anything. Especially if it's an older Nordyne furnace. My best and only suggestion unfortunately is to replace that furnace. Sourcing parts and materials to properly fix it and find someone actually willing to do it on the cheap WONT be easy and there will be no guarantee its a permanent fix....it'll keep doing this and likely has this whole time.
It'll like need a.new pilot assembly as well as those ones erode and get pilot welded OFF over time.

I furnace with an ignition system is the way to go out in that country because whoever lives there will get repeatedly taken advantage of billing wise every time.

I wish I had a better ,friendlier, cheaper and easier solution. I just don't.