CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
I guess you know which group I’d take
Of course you would

Draisaitl + Nurse + Puljujarvi vs Tkachuk + Monahan + Bennett

Nurse is a disaster in his own, end his game has stagnated, Pool Party right now is not even an AHL player.

Draisaitl is a very good player, no doubt even though he doesn't give a crap about anything but his own stats and couldn't find the D zone with a Nasa calibrated GPS.

Monahan is far better then Nurse who is a mid pairing top out Dman, and not great at it. Bennett is just even with his struggles far more valuable then Poolparty who can't even remember the words to the song "If I had a brain"

Tkachuk is very valuable and probably a future Captain who has good offensive skills and is statistically a beast without the puck.

I know which group I would take, especially if I was running a team without McDavid, because in that scenario Draisaitl is probably a good player but not a great one.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 10-24-2020, 01:43 PM   #1962
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The Flames group is better, the Oilers top player is better.

I personally don't like Nurse at all and the jury is still out on JP as a regular NHLer so I'd probably keep the Flames group, as much as I would like Draisaitl as a 1C surrounded by 200 foot wingers since he is Dr. Minus.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:22 PM   #1963
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Of course you would

Draisaitl + Nurse + Puljujarvi vs Tkachuk + Monahan + Bennett

Nurse is a disaster in his own, end his game has stagnated, Pool Party right now is not even an AHL player.

Draisaitl is a very good player, no doubt even though he doesn't give a crap about anything but his own stats and couldn't find the D zone with a Nasa calibrated GPS.

Monahan is far better then Nurse who is a mid pairing top out Dman, and not great at it. Bennett is just even with his struggles far more valuable then Poolparty who can't even remember the words to the song "If I had a brain"

Tkachuk is very valuable and probably a future Captain who has good offensive skills and is statistically a beast without the puck.

I know which group I would take, especially if I was running a team without McDavid, because in that scenario Draisaitl is probably a good player but not a great one.

This is so laughable. Your homerism makes me laugh.

Monahan and Tkachuk point totals put together still don’t get what Drai had. Right now I wouldn’t trade Drai for Monahan and Tkachuk. Sure Tkachuk is a valuable piece, but SM has just as many warts as Nurse does. SM is ideally a second pairing center, who needs someone else to drive the line. The difference between Drai and Tkachuk is more then SM.

I don’t know if I’d trade Nurse for SM it would be close though.

Bennet and JP are a wash and are both crap right now. Bennet got 12 points and is on the way to being the next Jankowski.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:24 PM   #1964
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
But if you think about it without bias, it is pretty interesting and pretty even. Ranking the players, as they stand right now, you get:

Draisaitl
Tkachuk
Monahan
Nurse
Bennett
Puljujarvi
I see it as:

Draisaitl

Tkachuk

Monahan/Nurse

Bennett
Puljujarvi
Old 10-24-2020, 03:15 PM   #1965
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I see it as:

Draisaitl

Tkachuk

Monahan/Nurse

Bennett
Puljujarvi
If you factor in contract which you should I'd be upset if the Flames traded Bennett for Nurse straight up. No way Nurse is as valuable as Monahan either

Long term I bet Tkachuk Monahan and Bennett will all get raises on their next deal but nothing too crazy. 9 for Tkachuk 8 for Monahan and 4ish for Bennett. Leon just won the hart with a 130 point season based on his pace. He could command 13+ mil now. I agree he is the most valuable player and 5 years left on deal is a lot of time. But its still a big factor in 5 years

Last edited by Macho0978; 10-24-2020 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Leon has 5 years left
Old 10-24-2020, 03:16 PM   #1966
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Monahan and Tkachuk point totals put together still don’t get what Drai had. Right now I wouldn’t trade Drai for Monahan and Tkachuk. Sure Tkachuk is a valuable piece, but SM has just as many warts as Nurse does. SM is ideally a second pairing center, who needs someone else to drive the line. The difference between Drai and Tkachuk is more then SM.

Bennet and JP are a wash and are both crap right now. Bennet got 12 points and is on the way to being the next Jankowski

Yet, no playoffs for you....*13 of last 14 seasons.

One in the last 5. Why?

*Bennett has 16 career playoff points.
*Draisaitl has 16 career playoff points.

Homerism? That’s all you have...your team reeks of defecation.

*play in results and stats are excluded.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timbit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #1967
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Holy hell talk about hot takes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2020, 04:33 PM   #1968
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
Holy hell talk about hot takes.
Why? He doesn’t drive a line, and he wouldn’t crack our top 2 lines. He needs an elite playmaker to be effective. I’d say Nurse is more valuable to us.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:37 PM   #1969
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit View Post
Yet, no playoffs for you....*13 of last 14 seasons.

One in the last 5. Why?

*Bennett has 16 career playoff points.
*Draisaitl has 16 career playoff points.

Homerism? That’s all you have...your team reeks of defecation.

*play in results and stats are excluded.
And in there last 15 playoff games Monahan has 10 points and Johnny has 8. Bennett must be way better then both!!!
Old 10-24-2020, 04:38 PM   #1970
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Why? He doesn’t drive a line, and he wouldn’t crack our top 2 lines. He needs an elite playmaker to be effective. I’d say Nurse is more valuable to us.
To you Matt Bartkowski is valuable. Nurse is a 4D man at best.

Monahan with all his flaws is still a great goal scorer. Top 6 on any team, although maybe as a winger on some.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:40 PM   #1971
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
“Drive a line” is the most overused phrase on this forum.

Just because your team is so shallow that a guy like Nurse is valuable on it doesn’t make him better than Monahan, who still is the leading goal scorer from his draft year (and second in points).
Old 10-24-2020, 04:41 PM   #1972
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I see it as:

Draisaitl

Tkachuk

Monahan/Nurse

Bennett
Puljujarvi
Lol!!!
I agree that drai is the best player; I'm not sure that's even debatable, but Monahan and nurse as comparable? I would have Bennett and Nurse as comparable

Draisaitl

Chucky

Monahan

Bennett/Nurse

Pool party
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mass_nerder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2020, 04:48 PM   #1973
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Hahaha.

Holy hell. Monahan would be the Oilers's third-best forward.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2020, 04:48 PM   #1974
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho0978 View Post
If you factor in contract which you should I'd be upset if the Flames traded Bennett for Nurse straight up. No way Nurse is as valuable as Monahan either

Long term I bet Tkachuk Monahan and Bennett will all get raises on their next deal but nothing too crazy. 9 for Tkachuk 8 for Monahan and 4ish for Bennett. Leon just won the hart with a 130 point season based on his pace. He could command 13+ mil now. I agree he is the most valuable player and 5 years left on deal is a lot of time. But its still a big factor in 5 years
Bennett is getting 4??? Haha omg you just signed a better player in Lievo for 875k. Wow
Old 10-24-2020, 04:50 PM   #1975
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Bennet and JP are a wash and are both crap right now. Bennet got 12 points and is on the way to being the next Jankowski.
Oilers and there point totals

How many Art Ross winners managed to be a -7? If the flames let Monahan and Tkachuk forget about defense I'm sure the point totals would go up substantially, the amount of lazy back checking Draisaddle would get him benched in Calgary. Tippett must go out of his mind because knowing the type of coach he is it's obvious the orders come from upstairs to allow the golden boys to free wheel for fan excitement, winning be damned.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2020, 04:51 PM   #1976
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Bennett is getting 4??? Haha omg you just signed a better player in Lievo for 875k. Wow
Aren't you the same guy ok with keeping Russell around at 4 as well? I'd take Bennett over Russell. Lol

Bennett might not get 4 but I'd predict 4 at most depending on how he plays this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Macho0978 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2020, 04:51 PM   #1977
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I don't love the fit of Monahan on the Oilers, but let's not pretend that he isn't a better player than 3-4 players in your top 6. I mean, the Oilers have proven over the last 5 years that literally anyone can crack their top 6. Kassian? Sure. Archibald? Why not? Ty Rattie? Yup. Alex Chiasson? Maybe the best of the bunch.

It is less of something you crack as it is the filmy surface of an abandoned pool whose pump stopped working 30 years ago.

Anyhow, your takes are legitimately terrible but I bet the guy who thinks puljorami has the same career trajectory as Jari Kurry would enjoy them. Maybe go tell him instead of saying we're homers for preferring the roster of a team that has finished ahead of yours 13 of the last 14 seasons.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:01 PM   #1978
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Nurse is just not very good at defence and despite having tools doesn't have a high hockey IQ, and that's my issue with him. Sean Monahan is actively learning to be a 200 foot player, had 82 points in 2019 and has broken 60 points in 4 of 6 years. Low possession player as far as centers go but a high IQ player.

Even a 1B center >> a 3-4 defenseman. If Nurse was a legitimate 1-2 guy the conversation might be different. You might think of him as one in Edmonton, but he wouldn't be elsewhere.

You didn't watch Bennett this summer at all did you? He carried the team offensively in more than half of their playoff games and contributed directly to playoff success. He perennially elevates his game at the most important time both physically and offensively. He is a team leader in production in the playoffs since he was drafted.

That in itself makes him more valuable than most of the Oilers' forward roster, the likes of which (outside of the top two guys) barely contributed without the help of those two, failing to clinch a berth yet again.

Bennett did what he did without being paired with Gaudreau, Tkachuk or Monahan. You have hardly any players that can do it on their own and Puljujarvi didn't show he was able to do it on his own while he was here. Not to mention he's not even playing in this league, let alone making a difference like Bennett.

I dont know how that's remotely a wash.

Kool-aid season in Delusionville is in full swing I see.

Last edited by djsFlames; 10-24-2020 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:33 PM   #1979
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nurse is functionally terrible in his own end, he's a better offensive version of Denis Gauthier and that's not a great thing, he's got the hockey IQ of a stick. Nobody but an Oilers fan would say he wouldn't trade Nurse for SM.

Bennett and JP are definately not a wash. JP was not an NHL player in his last go around. Even with Bennett's struggle he's actually an NHL player.

Draisaitl is a great player, nobody is arguing that, but his not give a crap performance in the run up to the playoffs where he pretty much played for his own points is detrimental. Again without McDavid at his side, he takes a drop.

But again not trading Nurse for SM is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 10-24-2020, 08:05 PM   #1980
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Paging This post is terrible
Closed Thread