Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
questionmotives
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Sandpoint, Idaho - Stag Party Ideas

Heading down to Sandpoint, Idaho this weekend for my brother's stag party.

I've rented a big ski in/ski out place up at Schweitzer mountain (12-14 of us). We will be skiing/snowboarding during the days.

Just wondering what other entertainment/restaurants CP recommends. Sounds like we have some adult entertainment lined up for a few hours, so don't need to worry about that... Would like to find a nice restaurant though.

Thanks.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is, what I think, a good Mexican place in town called jalapeno's.

There is also a tasty olde tyme pizza joint called second ave pizza, it is on second ave, in the pizza district
Old 04-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

There is a Spearmint Rhino in Boise.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #4
FFR
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

McDuffs Brewing Company is really good.

Bricks and Barley is new but has good pizza (though a Second Avenue pizza is still my favorite). Bricks and Barley is a bit nicer inside.
FFR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FFR For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #5
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
There is, what I think, a good Mexican place in town called jalapeno's.

There is also a tasty olde tyme pizza joint called second ave pizza, it is on second ave, in the pizza district
HUGE Pizza there. One pizza per 4 people. Oh, and it's good.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to To Be Quite Honest For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #6
FakenHaken
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

45 Minutes/1 hour drive south on 95 to Coeur D'Alene Guy Fieri promoted Capones 751 N 4th St, Coeur d'Alene, ID. I know that is a bit of a drive if you are staying up on the mountain. However, it's a good sports bar and grill and too many beers on tap to name.

If you do go south on 95 be sure to take the By-way over Sandpoint, as opposed to going through Sandpoint anymore. Small time saver.

Also if you are driving the Duty Free shop south of Cranbrook/Moyie/Yahk if you get there before 7pm other wise they close fairly early have a special (Quantity 3 1.15 Litres (40 oz)) Lambs, Absolute Vodka mix and match for $40. Don't worry too much about the duty when crossing over at Kingsgate. You are allowed 1 bottle free of duty tax per Adult and then it's like $3.00 American on the other two bottles almost a ridiculous savings. If you have 3 adults in the vehicle its free.

As for other entertainment the boys have already mentioned 2nd Ave Pizza, and Jalepeno's and McDuffs. This time of the year it is pretty quiet in Sandpoint. Probably the best eating places, but if you guys have a stove there is a Take and Bake Pizza place Papa Murphy's south of the Yokes and McDonalds in the same parking lot. It is awesome as well.
FakenHaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #7
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakenHaken View Post
Probably the best eating places, but if you guys have a stove there is a Take and Bake Pizza place Papa Murphy's south of the Yokes and McDonalds in the same parking lot. It is awesome as well.
Literally the first time ever, anyone has recommended Papa Murphy's pizza for a bachelor party, or for being awesome.

Strike this man's recommendations from the record
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:22 AM   #8
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Dude make sure you hit Spuds. It's a wicked restaurant. I basically eat every meal there whenever I'm in Sandpoint. They bake huge awesome potatoes, then throw a bunch of stuff on top. 'Dragged it through the Garden' is my personal favourite because the sauce they put on is fataing amazing.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:27 PM   #9
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you happen to go through Bonners Ferry on your journey (which if you cross at Kingsgate and take I95 on down to Sandpoint, you should go through Bonners Ferry), stop and eat at Chic'N'Chop (6421 Main St,). Place doesn't look like much, it's an old school type diner, but the food has always been good. Typical cafe/diner fare, but good. Pies are excellent.

Hopefully they haven't changed hands in the past few years. It's been in the same family forstinkingever, but I suppose people move on or die...
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idaho , sober , stag