Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2019, 08:11 PM   #21
TBone290
First Line Centre

Exp:

Not that it's significant but put Czarnik in next game.
TBone290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:11 PM   #22
neo45
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Best offensive team in recent years was clicking tonight. The team will work it’s way out of this slump
neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:11 PM   #23
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of those games where you just burn the tape and move on to the next game. Lightning are in a class of their own and was on display tonight.

Bingo likes to talk about when a team is playing great but not getting the results it can be the sign of a team turning the corner and going on a winning streak. Well the opposite has happened for the Flames for the past few months they played sloppy hockey but were scoring themselves out of trouble. Now the sloppy play remains but the there's no offense to bail them out and here we are on a losing skid. This happens to almost all teams good and bad during an 82 game season so it's a matter of the team getting back to the fundamentals of playing good team hockey and once they get back to playing that kind of hockey the offense will come.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2019, 08:11 PM   #24
Captaincanada80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Although Flames turned in up in the last 10min, this game shows the warts that might be exposed in the playoffs.

Goaltending - Rittich has been great all year but now is coming back to reality. He seems to be capable and I don’t blame him on a few tonight, but were pushing a month since he has stolen a game. If not acquiring a legitimate starter this year, I hope we do look for a scrape for a deal to have a reliable backup.

Brodie - last few games I’ve began to sour on his terrible play. Making far far too many mistakes and giveaways. Stretch passes through the middle seem to get picked off and im surprised this hasn't lead to more goals against. I am rooting for him to return to early season form.

Toughness - Man did we get pushed around this game. Tampa’s D are huge but it was the constant pressure and relentless forecheck that caused all the chaos. No pushback from a team that needs to add size and strength.

Tampa Bay seem like the run-away favorites to win the cup this year. They simply have no holes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captaincanada80 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2019, 08:12 PM   #25
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Blegh game save a few players. Flames PP worked, Turnovers cost the Flames dearly.

Kylington, Bennett, Lindholm, Hamonic were all positives for me tonight.

Goats....well you could start a list. But at the very tippy top of that list begins with Chuckles, Backlund and Frolik (Derelik my ba***!)
This is exactly my game summary. Well said.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2019, 08:12 PM   #26
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
Rittich for Bobrovsky

Make it so.

That is a terrible post, one of the worst I’ve seen
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2019, 08:13 PM   #27
Jore
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
Not that much of that loss can be placed on Rittich’s shoulders but it would be a huge relief to see the 2.50/.920 Rittich return. Also I think 3M needs to be altered.
it needs to be altered to the 3M line:

mikael
matt
mark
Jore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jore For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2019, 08:13 PM   #28
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't go down by 3 goals in the first period to most teams, let alone Tampa. Patted themselves in the back for a good opening few minutes and then got worked the next 10 minutes.

3 - 3 the last 42 minutes after that point and they had some push still...at least some guys did, while another line decided to take the rest of the game off. Cough3mcough

My guess is tomorrow isn't a beach/pool day like yesterday was.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:14 PM   #29
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Tampa
|
|
|
|
|
V
Everyone else

Lost to the better team and it wasn’t close. The Lightning are like an All Star Team out there. They have virtually no weaknesses and no dead weight.

The silver lining is that this team, the coaches and management just saw what a dominant team looks like and have something to shoot for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Classic_Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2019, 08:14 PM   #30
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sloppy. Weak on the puck. No hitting. Generally poor goaltending.

Surprised we lost? Nope.

Tampa is a GOOD team. Wow.
taxbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taxbuster For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2019, 08:14 PM   #31
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captaincanada80 View Post
Although Flames turned in up in the last 10min, this game shows the warts that might be exposed in the playoffs.

Goaltending - Rittich has been great all year but now is coming back to reality. He seems to be capable and I don’t blame him on a few tonight, but were pushing a month since he has stolen a game. If not acquiring a legitimate starter this year, I hope we do look for a scrape for a deal to have a reliable backup.

Brodie - last few games I’ve began to sour on his terrible play. Making far far too many mistakes and giveaways. Stretch passes through the middle seem to get picked off and im surprised this hasn't lead to more goals against. I am rooting for him to return to early season form.

Toughness - Man did we get pushed around this game. Tampa’s D are huge but it was the constant pressure and relentless forecheck that caused all the chaos. No pushback from a team that needs to add size and strength.

Tampa Bay seem like the run-away favorites to win the cup this year. They simply have no holes.
Those two are waaaaay down on my #### list. Brodie was a strong defender all night long. Rittich made a lot of saves in the first 30 to keep his team in it. I can't think of a weak goal on the night. The Lightning were just that good and the Flames had too many turnovers.

Toughness wasn't an issue, compete level was. Lots of guys just didn't show up tonight.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:15 PM   #32
CGY12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

- Couldn't make a clean pass if their life depended on it
- Putrid shot attempts missing the net or right into a set of Lightning shin pads
- Rittich seems to be slumping these days after he gives up a couple
- Frolik is an ANCHOR on that 2nd line, he is absolutely putrid. No vision, play dies on his stick constantly, he skates into dead space killing any kind of rush the Flames may have, can't pass the puck with any precision. The Flames DESPERATELY need another winger to play on that line, else this great season may all be for not in the playoffs.
CGY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:15 PM   #33
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh. Oh, well. Hopefully, this'll snap them out of the All Star Break Slump
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:16 PM   #34
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Those two are waaaaay down on my #### list. Brodie was a strong defender all night long. Rittich made a lot of saves in the first 30 to keep his team in it. I can't think of a weak goal on the night. The Lightning were just that good and the Flames had too many turnovers.

Toughness wasn't an issue, compete level was. Lots of guys just didn't show up tonight.
Brodie would be #4 on my bad guy list. He had enough bone headed gaffes to be up there.

Rittich? well meh. Don't know one way or the other if he helped or hinder the outcome. But what I do believe is, we have two goaltending slots up for grabs as early as this deadline.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:17 PM   #35
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

That’s the benchmark, right there.

The Flames need a top 6 winger and a goalie for the stretch. Brad has work to do.

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to -TC- For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2019, 08:18 PM   #36
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Kucherov is fricking good. Such a smart player. Skill off the charts, but can be a deadly quiet like Monahan.

Tampa is such a complete team. No scraps around the net, tons of blocked shots, crisp passing, wicked finish.

As a Flames fan, that sucked
As a hockey fan, TB put on a clinic
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2019, 08:19 PM   #37
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Calgary needs to get some consistent secondary scoring...the 3M line looked like it was coming on for a bit, but now has disappeared a bit again.

Tkachuk is a good player, but 8.5 M? Don't know about that...needs to be more consistent...seem a little too much dispy doo from him lately...

if this slump happened earlier in the year, they'd wait to play themselves out of it... with the trade deadline looming, they might not wait...

i could see BT looking harder at acquiring a 2 line winger... still would think a 3rd goalie would be smart too
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2019, 08:19 PM   #38
Dube
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
That is a terrible post, one of the worst I’ve seen

You wouldn’t make that trade? Calgary would be laughing if they pulled that off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dube For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2019, 08:22 PM   #39
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This team needs to get bigger if they want to hang with the top teams imo. Too small with not enough grinders.
Kybb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kybb79 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2019, 08:22 PM   #40
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Not a surprise. The January schedule was a bit of a mirage with a bunch of weak opponents and a favorable schedule. Now the schedule is tougher and the bad habits they slipped in to are costing them. Doesn’t help that Rittich isn’t stealing games anymore. And yeah Tkachuk and company need to get going on line 2.
Kasi is offline   Reply With Quote