Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-01-2018, 08:26 PM   #41
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

You know reading this, I see a lot of things they could do to improve the experience without replacing a stadium. Whether its more investment in security to control aggressive fans, better in game entertainment, accepting credit/debit, cleaner bathrooms. I hope they hear and listen to some of this stuff.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:29 PM   #42
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
Man that brings back memories hearing those names, you cant forget the Rick Johnson era as well. good times.
Rick Johnson, the Stage West actor.
Who was the big name QB that blew out his knee in the intra squad game? Terrence something?

Dattilio was awful. I liked Barnes. Rick Worman was another one.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:24 PM   #43
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Who was the big name QB that blew out his knee in the intra squad game? Terrence something?

Not Terrence Jones from the Feterik days. But I actually thought he had potential

Hollywood Rick Johnson, played the Cardinels QB in Jerry Maguire.

His story wrote itself.

Rick Johnson takes the snap, steps back, checks his hair and throws a pick.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2018, 09:30 PM   #44
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

The stadium isnt really a negative for me, sure its old and weathered but i still like it more from a historical perspective, have seen games there since the 80's. would be nice to have proper seats with backs though.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dirk diggler For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2018, 09:31 PM   #45
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post

Jeff Tedford, i remember as well. who knew he would go on to be a pretty successful college coach.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:43 PM   #46
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Phhhhhew...glad that aint me young man...my stories are all from the 60s and 70s!
They couldn’t tell stories from the 60s and 70s because the Flames weren’t here otherwise they would have been told.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2018, 09:49 PM   #47
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotten42 View Post
Because their opinion doesn't matter even though they make up a good portion of the fan base.
Their opinion matters, the point is they spend their time telling stories of old
Instead of giving their opinion and letting Other people give theirs.

That said, the Stamps really need to get some more fans who aren’t in their 60s. That can be said for the CFL in general. Going to be a real issue in the upcoming years. No one under the age of 40 gives a #### about the CFL In this country (excluding Sask.). I couldn’t pay someone in my peer group to go to a CFL game.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2018, 11:01 PM   #48
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Became a season ticket holder when I was 28.
craigwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:46 AM   #49
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Not Terrence Jones from the Feterik days. But I actually thought he had potential

Hollywood Rick Johnson, played the Cardinels QB in Jerry Maguire.

His story wrote itself.

Rick Johnson takes the snap, steps back, checks his hair and throws a pick.
I think it was Terrence Jones, but wasn’t that pre Feterik? Guy I’m thinking of cane back following season and threw what should have been game winning touchdown in western semi final vs Saskatchewan. But the Riders came back in dying seconds. Listening to post game show with my Dad in the car, Kuharich comes on, drops an F bomb and they cut away.

The injury was year before. They had the scrimmage at McMahon on a beautiful day with a nice crowd. We left as the QB was being loaded onto ambulance and Joe Kapp, Kuharich’s buddy, former QB and Stamps player personnel guy watched him being loaded on.

Coach Q was a piece of work.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:32 AM   #50
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

I also think that league wide, there should be a time limit on video review, say 30 seconds max. Yes the refs suck and make bad calls, but working to get a call perfect slows down the game and the enjoyment of everyone. If the call is obvious then it should be made in 30 seconds. If it isn't, stop trying to get it perfect because there is obviously something shown that makes it go either way...just keep the call on the field and keep the game going.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:53 AM   #51
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calf View Post
I also think that league wide, there should be a time limit on video review, say 30 seconds max. Yes the refs suck and make bad calls, but working to get a call perfect slows down the game and the enjoyment of everyone. If the call is obvious then it should be made in 30 seconds. If it isn't, stop trying to get it perfect because there is obviously something shown that makes it go either way...just keep the call on the field and keep the game going.
Agreed that is huge. if you have to slow a play down so much and watch it 10 times to see if a DB got there early, then he clearly didnt.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:03 PM   #52
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gave up my season tickets which I held since 1993.. 5 years ago and have only gone a handful of games when given tickets since. The curse of the excellent product TSN puts out.

It’s impossible to purchase food without missing a large chunk of the game. Install tap payment, or order to your seat for premium seat holders. I would pay a bit extra for that.

In game experience is dull. Stamps can’t do much about everyone’s complaints about the rules, officials etc but please try to keep me awake during commercial breaks, end of quarters. The find a flight thing was fun. More fan interactive activities. They could bring in 2 hardcore cons from a maximum security prison. Slide them in like The Running Man, fight to the death. Winner gets parole on an island in the pacific.

Live music is great. What about the Stampede Show Band in the house to create a college atmosphere.. or other local live bands playing during breaks and halftime.

Bring back the retro red and white. 70’s/90’s style.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote