Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Travis Munroe | RealtorŪ & Property Manager
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #21
CM ONE
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
I don't think I'd ever move there. It's built in the Flood Fringe and while they have put measures (berms) in place, it's arguable whether or not they would sufficiently be able to contain a significant storm event. And once flooded it looks like it would act as a giant bathtub with nowhere to drain.

Flood Fringe Map

Just note that the developer and City did do a lot of work to study the effects of a storm event and the above just represents my opinion based on the facts surrounding the development.
Perhaps I do not understand the concept of flood fringes. Why does my house flood and Riverbend remain dry? Also according to this map there is an island right outside my back fence that I could ride out the storm on if I don't want to canoe all the way to Riverbend. Which brings me to my main point: why is Riverbend not on the flood fringe?

Last edited by CM ONE; 01-20-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #22
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Riverbend for the most part is up hill from the river. you have to go down into carburn park almost everywhere except the closest tip to quarry park. And then there is a 5+ feet drop of land down to the actual riverbank. I do not believe that is there along quarry I think it flattens out. I can't be sure though since I havn't biked along the river in a couple years now
Old 01-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #23
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM ONE View Post
Perhaps I do not understand the concept of flood fringes. Why does my house flood and Riverbend remain dry? Also according to this map there is an island right outside my back fence that I could ride out the storm on if I don't want to canoe all the way to Riverbend. Which brings me to my main point: why is Riverbend not on the flood fringe?
When the river swells during a large event there will be spill-over along all of it's banks. That grey area represents the approximate elevation that will retain this water during the event. Riverbend is at a higher elevation, this doesn't mean that it is immune to flood waters but it would take a pretty huge event to flood riverbend. Quarry Park on the other hand would be a diffent story.

Now keep in mind that you can access the same flood fringe map and it shows most of downtown under water. So it's not like it would happen every spring or anything. Just that it's a possible in major events.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #24
CM ONE
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
They are calling it one of the "greenest" comunities in the province as it is located on brownfield land.
Built around the whole work and live in the same community concept with all sorts of job opportunities.
Cardel and Birchwood appear to be the developer/builders of the entire area.
You can have the new community feel without living on the outskirts of the city!
I personally do not see any downsides to Quarry Park.
There are currently no MLS listings in the area.
Feel free to PM me if you are looking for more information.
Are you thinking of buying built or building?
Coyotes! Packs of coyotes.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #25
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

I thought coyotes were scared of humans which would mean deer is a downside to some communities as well

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 01-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #26
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp: