Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 09:34 AM   #4461
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Two dead and one wounded in Kenosha shootings during Jacob Blake protests

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ge%2Fstory-ans

Quote:
The shootings came after a confrontation between protesters and armed men who said they were protecting a gas station, witnesses said. Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that police are searching for a man seen in video footage holding a long gun.

“I feel very confident we’ll have him in a very short time,” Beth said.

Shots were fired around 11:45 p.m. Tuesday, police said. After the first shots, a young White man carrying a rifle began running north on Sheridan Road, away from a crowd of protesters. Video shows the armed man fall to the ground and then fire multiple rounds into the crowd. Two more people fell to the ground, one shot in the arm and the other in the chest, the Journal Sentinel reported. Another graphic video shows a man with blood running down the back of his neck and bystanders shouting that he had been shot in the head.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:40 AM   #4462
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Paralyzed and missing a colon, half his stomach and kidney.
That should prevent him from committing another sexual assault. I’m not sure what true justice is for a sexual and domestic abuser is, this may be a bit excessive.

Reports are he was carrying a weapon, allegedly he told police that he had a gun and was going to get it out of his car (reports that a loaded gun recovered from his car), had a violent past and did not comply with orders. This shooting will be deemed 100% justified if all this is true. I wouldn’t expect a different result had he been a white man.

And the “they should’ve tackled him crowd” can get lost. Theyd already had a physical altercation with him upon arrival. Police are not expected to engage in hand to hand combat with criminals, especially ones carrying a weapon. E
Old 08-26-2020, 10:59 AM   #4463
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

How about no extrajudicial cop killings?
Old 08-26-2020, 11:06 AM   #4464
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
That should prevent him from committing another sexual assault. I’m not sure what true justice is for a sexual and domestic abuser is, this may be a bit excessive.

Reports are he was carrying a weapon, allegedly he told police that he had a gun and was going to get it out of his car (reports that a loaded gun recovered from his car), had a violent past and did not comply with orders. This shooting will be deemed 100% justified if all this is true. I wouldn’t expect a different result had he been a white man.

And the “they should’ve tackled him crowd” can get lost. Theyd already had a physical altercation with him upon arrival. Police are not expected to engage in hand to hand combat with criminals, especially ones carrying a weapon. E
Whether the shooting was justified due to Blake reaching for a gun or not (it may be, if that's the case), this is a pretty scummy take. Not sure how you were raised, but the punishment for his crimes is not seven bullets point blank in the back, it's not having your organs removed, and it's not death (which he is simply lucky to have avoided).

There are also no reliable reports he was carrying a weapon, why would that even make sense if he was then also going to his car to get a weapon when he apparently had one on him? And he was trying to break up a fight between two other people, so why was he the focus of police aggression? Hard to say, but we should reserve judgement either way until we actually know what happened.

Police should be better trained in de-escalation and non-lethal force. Would this situation had happened if they were? We don't yet know for sure. But we don't yet know either way why a man who was not the subject of the police call was gunned down by police.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2020, 11:15 AM   #4465
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:

Do we know where these reports are coming from? Seems weird that people would be hanging around the car if Mr. Blake was going to get a gun. Mind you, also seems weird that people were by the car during police fire.

At what point does it become justifiable for the police to fire on a suspect? I would argue that the someone's life would have to be actively in danger. I cannot confirm that the premise of Mr. Blake going to the car to get a gun is true, in fact it seems nonsensical to me. However, let's say for the sake of argument that he was going to get a gun, he would have to have the gun in hand before police open fire. To my knowledge that was not the case as every posting is "it is reported that he was going to his car to get a gun" not that he actually had one.

Regardless, anything in his past is irrelevant with regard to being shot in the back seven times.

I'd like to see comment from witnesses at the scene, and body cam footage. A lot of the situation is very strange to me.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Old 08-26-2020, 11:34 AM   #4466
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Who is reporting the things your reading? I've been following this story very closely and never seen one thing you have mentioned once. In fact even the govenor has said they have seen no evidence at all that there is proof of a knife or gun record.

The reports of his so called record haven't been proven either. All that's been proven so far is there is a man named Jacob blake in Wisconsin that has a record but hasn't been link specifically to this Jacob Blake. Even if it turns out to be this specific Jacob Blake it doesn't give the cop the right to execute on the spot . He had his 3 kids in the car . Have a hard time believing after he broke up a fight he would then try to murder the cops in front of his 3 kids.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:35 AM   #4467
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Whether the shooting was justified due to Blake reaching for a gun or not (it may be, if that's the case), this is a pretty scummy take. Not sure how you were raised, but the punishment for his crimes is not seven bullets point blank in the back, it's not having your organs removed, and it's not death (which he is simply lucky to have avoided).

There are also no reliable reports he was carrying a weapon, why would that even make sense if he was then also going to his car to get a weapon when he apparently had one on him? And he was trying to break up a fight between two other people, so why was he the focus of police aggression? Hard to say, but we should reserve judgement either way until we actually know what happened.

Police should be better trained in de-escalation and non-lethal force. Would this situation had happened if they were? We don't yet know for sure. But we don't yet know either way why a man who was not the subject of the police call was gunned down by police.

Read the entire piece, not just the headline.
https://en.as.com/en/2020/08/25/late...34_230932.html

Also the reports of him “breaking up a fight” are not 100% fact either. https://www.wsj.com/articles/jacob-b...in-11598368824

The police knew he had warrants out, at that time I would suggest he became and should become the focal point.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:38 AM   #4468
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
Do we know where these reports are coming from? Seems weird that people would be hanging around the car if Mr. Blake was going to get a gun. Mind you, also seems weird that people were by the car during police fire.

At what point does it become justifiable for the police to fire on a suspect? I would argue that the someone's life would have to be actively in danger. I cannot confirm that the premise of Mr. Blake going to the car to get a gun is true, in fact it seems nonsensical to me. However, let's say for the sake of argument that he was going to get a gun, he would have to have the gun in hand before police open fire. To my knowledge that was not the case as every posting is "it is reported that he was going to his car to get a gun" not that he actually had one.

Regardless, anything in his past is irrelevant with regard to being shot in the back seven times.

I'd like to see comment from witnesses at the scene, and body cam footage. A lot of the situation is very strange to me
Kenosha doesn't have body cams. They passed a measure 2 years ago that the suggested the police force use body cams but did not purchase them due to the costs. Witnesses say cops yelled " Drop the knife" but even the governor has said there have been no indication or recovery of a weapon of any sort recovered.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:40 AM   #4469
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

Also the reports of him “breaking up a fight” are not 100% fact either. https://www.wsj.com/articles/jacob-b...in-11598368824

The police knew he had warrants out, at that time I would suggest he became and should become the focal point.
I'm not sure your point. Now you're saying he wasn't trying to break up a fight, but also that he didn't have a weapon?
Old 08-26-2020, 11:42 AM   #4470
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Two dead and one wounded in Kenosha shootings during Jacob Blake protests

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ge%2Fstory-ans
Guy just strolling down the street with a rifle...a few people try to half ass tackle him and he just shoots a few people and keeps walking.

There are a few crazy videos of this incident floating around I can't believe this isn't bigger news ATM
Old 08-26-2020, 11:45 AM   #4471
stazzy33
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Guy just strolling down the street with a rifle...a few people try to half ass tackle him and he just shoots a few people and keeps walking.

There are a few crazy videos of this incident floating around I can't believe this isn't bigger news ATM
Saw some of those videos on Reddit, they are very, VERY NSFL.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:47 AM   #4472
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Again where are this reports .
The first link Ive already seen before. The title " mutiple reports claim he has a weapon witness say he didn't." Thats all the article really says. It was a click bait title then at the bottom of the page is the only evidence os cops yelled out " drop the knife" no hard facts there. Cop's would never say stuff like that like stop resistimg, stop going for my gun etc etc... again no hard facts either way.

I've already said muliple times the cops have said " Drop the knife yet even the governor has seen no idication of any weapon recovered. If they had the police wouldn't be slow to put that out there. Look at all the past incidents they usually put that out there pretty quickly. Besides that he obviously didn't have a weapon at the time of the shooting . So far no witnesses or law enforcement has produced any evidence to that fact
Also AS is like a tabloid.

The second link is hidden behind a pay wall and I doubt your a subscriber to a Wisconsin news paper.

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 08-26-2020 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:53 AM   #4473
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazzy33 View Post
Saw some of those videos on Reddit, they are very, VERY NSFL.
100% this guy is a Tumper buying into the propaganda that these protesters are trying to take over our cities fear fear fear.

Things are going to get really ugly

Although if you are gonna chase down a guy with a rifle you might want to make sure you actually grab the gun and take him out...not sure what some of these people were thinking. One guy knocks of his hat and runs away like WTF

and then after murdering 2 people and still having the gun he walks towards the cops with his hands in the air and they drive right past him!

Last edited by dino7c; 08-26-2020 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:54 AM   #4474
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Again where are this reports .
The first link Ive already seen before. The title " mutiple reports claim he has a weapon witness say he didn't."

I've already said muliple times the cops have said " Drop the knife yet even the governor has seen no idication of any weapon recovered. If they had the police wouldn't be slow to put that out there. Look at all the past incidents they usually put that out there pretty quickly. Besides that he obviously didn't have a weapon at the time of the shooting . So far no witnesses or law enforcement has produced any evidence to that fact
Also AS is like a tabloid.

The second link is hidden behind a pay wall and I doubt your a subscriber to a Wisconsin news paper.
Lol. Its actually the Wall Street Journal and anyone was able to read This article when I linked it.

As for the “facts”. A thorough investigation will determine fact from fiction. At that point we can determine what these officers are guilty of.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:57 AM   #4475
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like an "arm citizen hero" killed two people last night in Wisconsin.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:08 PM   #4476
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

That would be this kid. 17 year old little murderer. Quite the patriot

https://twitter.com/user/status/1298630066444828672

Apparently he’s been charged with first degree murder. Poor lil fella.

To add to that the cops love these guys

https://twitter.com/user/status/1298646698273603586

Yay america.

Last edited by ResAlien; 08-26-2020 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:15 PM   #4477
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
That would be this kid. 17 year old little murderer. Quite the patriot

https://twitter.com/user/status/1298630066444828672

Apparently he’s been charged with first degree murder. Poor lil fella.
The cops literally drove right by him as he was walking down the street with a rifle...this should go over well

THIS is why Trump is so dangerous...quit crying about Bernie and vote you morons

and he killed 2 people
Old 08-26-2020, 12:15 PM   #4478
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

When does he get his invite for the RNC?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2020, 12:15 PM   #4479
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Something something gun control. Oh well!
Old 08-26-2020, 12:31 PM   #4480
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

How did we investigate and solve crime before internet forums?

It must have been impossible.
Closed Thread