Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2016, 12:17 PM   #421
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
If you watched the season 7 premier there is literally no way you should have missed all the previews and promos for this season, which contains the mentioned character and scene.

In no realm do I consider that a spoiler.
oh yeah, like we want to hear from the guy that just had a post removed for spoilers!
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:18 PM   #422
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
oh yeah, like we want to hear from the guy that just had a post removed for spoilers!
Get him!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2016, 12:21 PM   #423
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
If you watched the season 7 premier there is literally no way you should have missed all the previews and promos for this season, which contains the mentioned character and scene.

In no realm do I consider that a spoiler.
Well, okay, but what you consider a spoiler doesn't matter. What is considered a spoiler for the purposes of the thread is what matters. I posted the original rule above. Apparently, the rule is now, "if it has aired on AMC and wasn't a slip of the tongue on Talking Dead, it's fair game". Which is good to know.

And yeah, I watched the premiere and didn't see it, because I skipped everything except for the show itself. But that's neither here nor there.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:41 PM   #424
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

But you have been posting in the comic thread...Surely if you are that worried about spoilers you wouldn't be in there?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:43 PM   #425
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Like I said, I've read the comics so the only thing that's being spoiled for me is the extent to which the show is going to mirror them. So it's no big deal for me, just a minor annoyance.

The comic thread is actually almost exclusively about what happened on the show, and comparing it to the way things happened in the comics, and when it ends up veering off into a new direction, speculation as to how they manage to get the narrative back on track (eg "well who does X now that they've killed off Y who was supposed to do X twenty issues from now? Maybe they won't do X at all, what then?") etc.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 10-25-2016 at 12:45 PM.
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:49 PM   #426
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
Nah, he figures he completely broke them. They'll fall in line. Regarding JDM's commitment, you don't even really need to see him a lot anymore. It's not like he's going to be visiting the other compounds.

I have a feeling we're not seeing that tiger until the final shot of the season. That would piss me off, I want that tiger!
Negan will clearly delegate the pickup grunt work to his cronies/henchmen. I would wager Rick and the gang will concoct some elaborate scheme to draw Negan out and brutally murder him after towing the line for a few episodes.

Perhaps offering him Carol as a concubine and having her assassinate him all stealth like would fit the narrative. She is constantly underestimated by villains throughout the series.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:57 PM   #427
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

The clear strategy would be to consolidate strength with other factions to the greatest extent possible, and then start killing Negan's emissaries when they show up for tribute.

Negan's strategy basically doesn't have an equilibrium. It's nihilistic, and actually quite weak given his 100% investment in military strength. Once that resource is removed, he really doesn't have all that much.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:00 PM   #428
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Get him!
But I was talking about....

It was in reference to...

DAMMIT!

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2016, 02:38 PM   #429
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm actually with CHL on this one -- my wife and I skip the "Next week on The Walking Dead..." bits just so we don't have anything spoiled. Technically the thread is only supposed to be about past episodes -- maybe speculating about what might happen, but that's about it.

I'm sure someone could (and probably has) gone through each trailer/preview frame-by-frame to pick out plot points and figured out how things are likely going to go. But would that be fair game to post and talk about?
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2016, 02:49 PM   #430
Rjcsjc62
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I also agree. I understand that the "spoiler" in question is a relatively minor one, or a grey area.

But as a loyal fan of the show who never misses an episode, and a regular follower of this thread, the only reason I know King Zeke and his tiger exist is because of this thread. And I was disappointed when it came up.
Rjcsjc62 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rjcsjc62 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2016, 03:02 PM   #431
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Honestly, I'm thinking the opposite.

I have no idea what the story arc is in the comics, but JDM is a film actor who took a cool opportunity. I dont think hes in this for the long-haul and I dont think his character can last all that long.

I get the idea that this is one crazy ride, but crazy rides are usually pretty short.

Just as long as there isnt a whole season of farming again. I love this show but I just dont think I could take that.
I've never once thought of JDM as a film actor. He seems to do more TV shows than movies.

Also as a leader of the Saviors he doesn't need to be in every episode, since the vile things they do will still build him up.

Also in regards to his style being less sustainable, I think in that world and those circumstances people with fewer moral hangups are more likely to survive, so ruling by force may actually be more sustainable than deception.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:34 PM   #432
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

OK, let's put it to a vote.

Like this post if you think previews shown on AMC are fair game.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:34 PM   #433
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Like this post if you think previews shown on AMC constitute spoilers, and should not be mentioned here.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2016, 03:40 PM   #434
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

is it against the rules to go into the main off topic forum and create a jihad thread???
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:55 PM   #435
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This is getting ####ing ridiculous. In my mind, there's no grey area here. If it's on a preview for the next episode on AMC and is constantly ran throughout the week, it's not a friggen spoiler. If it's on Talking Dead, it's not a friggen spoiler. If it's a plot point from the comic book that has been discussed in the show, you finally have your spoiler.

I'm not a comic book reader and I've never once went into that thread because I didn't want it spoiled for me, but I come here to read about the show and that includes people's opinion on Talking Dead (which by the way I don't even watch) and their opinions on previews for the next friggin week.

The fact that someone might not watch a show the day it aired, or that someone and their wife fast forward through the show is relevant to nobody other than themselves.

If people are so worried about these phantom spoilers, there seems to be a pretty easy way to avoid them. Stay out of threads that discuss the show. If i didn't want to hear about people giving their opinion as to how the next episode, i simply would stay out of the thread.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 10-25-2016 at 03:59 PM.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2016, 04:02 PM   #436
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
This is getting ####ing ridiculous. In my mind, there's no grey area here. If it's on a preview for the next episode on AMC and is constantly ran throughout the week, it's not a friggen spoiler. If it's on Talking Dead, it's not a friggen spoiler. If it's a plot point from the comic book that has been discussed in the show, you finally have your spoiler.

I'm not a comic book reader and I've never once went into that thread because I didn't want it spoiled for me, but I come here to read about the show and that includes people's opinion on Talking Dead (which by the way I don't even watch) and their opinions on previews for the next friggin week.

The fact that someone might not watch a show the day it aired, or that someone and their wife fast forward through the show is relevant to nobody other than themselves.

If people are so worried about these phantom spoilers, there seems to be a pretty easy way to avoid them. Stay out of threads that discuss the show. If i didn't want to hear about people giving their opinion as to how the next episode, i simply would stay out of the thread.
This exactly.

It's like when I'm recording a game. If I listen to the radio or turn on the TV and hear or see a score, it's my fault. I'll avoid those things.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:03 PM   #437
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

IMO, if you don't allow the discussion of officially-released promotional material, you'll just end up with a third thread being created where those things can be discussed.

Right now, we have the comics spoiler thread, but it's fair game for all the comics, which are currently 60 issues ahead of the tv show. It's not the place to go if you just want to talk about what you might think will happen on next week's show because you might stumble upon something that could spoil a storyline that will be on the show three years from now.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:15 PM   #438
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 10-25-2016 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #439
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Other than little bits here and there 'Talking Dead' doesnt really do a whole lot. Theres fan interaction and producer involvement but it doesnt add a whole hell of a lot other than a small trailer for the next week's show.

I havent even watched this week's talking dead.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:20 PM   #440
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I honestly don't even understand why talking dead Is a spoiler. It is a show that airs right after The Walking Dead ithat discusses the show we just watched which is exactly what we're doing in this thread. It's your choice whether you want to watch or not. I don't generally watch it, but the few times that I have I didn't really notice any spoilers other than basically what the next week promotional material is going to give. Everyone is free to enjoy the show the way they wish, but Frankly if these are the types of things that bother you, I'm not sure why you want to be posting in the thread discussing the show to begin with.