Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2017, 12:33 PM   #141
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Chris,

Your strength through your Dad's illness has been nothing short of inspirational. Your father must have been an incredible man to have helped raise such an amazing son.
I am saddened by your loss but I know that in time your own saddness will pass and you will look back on the time you spent with your father with great fondness and admiration.

Please accept my deepest condolances.
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:47 PM   #142
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced Flames fan View Post
Sorry for your loss Chris. I know that this thread has been a benefit to you as you dealt with your Dad's illness, but I'm not sure if you realize how many people you've helped by sharing your experiences with us in this way.

Thank you.
That's a real good point DFF.

Chris has helped a lot of others by sharing his experience.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:07 PM   #143
MolsonInBothHands
First Line Centre

Exp:

Chris, I am so very sorry for your loss, and I am sure it is comforting to know your Dad's suffering has stopped.

Your frank discussion and unbelievable thoughtfulness in your most difficult time has left me no excuse, but to reach out to my Dad, and try to mend some bridges while we both have some time to enjoy one another. In Treliving's words, "It's a process", but certainly one I have come to realize I would regret for the rest of my days if I didn't try.

My thoughts are with you and your family.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:36 PM   #144
robbie111
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Sorry for your loss, I'll say a prayer for you and your family. Lost my dad 6 years ago to cancer and it was not easy watching him suffer but I always felt that he went on to a better place in Heaven and it was nice to see him not have to suffer anymore. God bless.
robbie111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:31 PM   #145
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sorry to hear this news Chris. I totally teared up reading your recent post. I've been reading this thread over the months, and like many others, I am in great awe of how you and your family have handled this.

The incredible things you have done for both your Mom and Dad clearly are a reflection of your upbringing; your Dad must have been a great father and role model. I hope I end up being as good of a father for my children, and that they grow up as respectful and upstanding as you have.

My prayers are with you guys.
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:20 PM   #146
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

thank you all for the kind words... i think i'm out of thanks becuz they don't seem to be working right now

we had a meeting at the funeral home this morning. my dad's celebration of life will be next thursday.

one thing that my mom and dad did shortly after my dad got his diagnosis was they went to the funeral home and my dad was able to go over exactly what he wanted. wow - what a blessing that was this morning. there were so many questions that we didn't have to answer becuz my dad had already taken care of all that. there are a few things we need to do, but not much - which makes this tough time a little bit easier.

thank you again for the comments/condolences/suggestions/ideas that have been posted in the thread and in private messages - they've meant so much in the last hours and in the previous months.

chris
Old 09-07-2017, 05:33 PM   #147
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

My sincere condolences for your loss bc-chris.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:41 PM   #148
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Others have written much more elegantly than I could have how much sharing this personal journey has touched me.

My sincerest and deepest condolences to you, your family and all your dad's friends.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:33 PM   #149
Mango
Marshmallow Maiden

Exp:

My deepest condolences.

Throughout such a difficult time, you shared your journey with us and for that, we thank you. You have taught us so much. We are all better people for it.

Thoughts with you and your entire family.
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #150
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Sorry for your loss, Chris.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:46 PM   #151
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
one thing that my mom and dad did shortly after my dad got his diagnosis was they went to the funeral home and my dad was able to go over exactly what he wanted. wow - what a blessing that was this morning. there were so many questions that we didn't have to answer becuz my dad had already taken care of all that. there are a few things we need to do, but not much - which makes this tough time a little bit easier
Anyone with a parent or parents still alive need to take note of the above. My father never did the above when he had Cancer and it made the end process much more difficult and that doesn't include the family bickering on how the funeral should be done. Planning the funeral ahead of time is a blessing as Chris stated.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #152
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm so sorry, Chris.

He couldn't have asked for a better son and family by his side.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:03 PM   #153
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm so sorry, Chris, for your great loss. You are an admirable man and son.

Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:10 PM   #154
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

It isn't often that a thread on Calgarypuck pops up that presents me with a new perspective on life, but this is unquestionably one. Chris, you've shown incredible bravery and love and I'm so glad that you were able to share so many precious moments with your dad in the months leading up to today. My sincerest condolences, from the bottom of my heart.

TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:26 PM   #155
ah123
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sorry for your loss, Chris.
ah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:36 PM   #156
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Sorry to hear man

I hope his affairs are in order this has been the biggest nightmare.
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote