Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-02-2018, 04:32 PM   #221
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Wow I just did a quest from Dutch to take Lenny drinking. What a night.
Haha, did that this afternoon. I think my real life Friday will have to be chilled out now, that was enough.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:37 PM   #222
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Loving it so far. Lots to do, with a nice weighty and realistic feeling to everything. The only negative really is the game’s poor implementation of HDR, which I hope gets fixed. Several videos have been made detailing how it’s basically a faux HDR. It’s essentially a torqued-up SDR as it were.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:14 PM   #223
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Had a horse die after getting shot today, went back to the spot it died after an hour plus of playing. It’s dead body was still there
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:05 PM   #224
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Had a horse die after getting shot today, went back to the spot it died after an hour plus of playing. It’s dead body was still there
Skin it and take the meat
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:50 PM   #225
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Skin it and take the meat
Dude....not cool, man.

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to -TC- For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2018, 06:18 PM   #226
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
I don't know what I would do if I lost Felina.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2018, 07:13 PM   #227
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I tried to name my horse Mustard, but apparently that’s offensive.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:03 AM   #228
alan21
Don't click that link!

Exp:

I get sidetracked every time I turn it on. Just exploring and being a general thug is satisfying enough so far.
alan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:05 AM   #229
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I came across two guys trying to open a safe, so I obviously killed them so I can do it instead. I have no idea how to open the safe though and not interaction pops up. Tried shooting it and nothing, is there a trick to it or can I not open it?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:20 AM   #230
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan21 View Post
I get sidetracked every time I turn it on. Just exploring and being a general thug is satisfying enough so far.
It's pretty fun to lasso people off their horse and then drag them through the bayou.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:42 AM   #231
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I came across two guys trying to open a safe, so I obviously killed them so I can do it instead. I have no idea how to open the safe though and not interaction pops up. Tried shooting it and nothing, is there a trick to it or can I not open it?
I found that also. I just marked the area and plan to return when I know what to do. Though I've since acquired a lock pick, maybe that works.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #232
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
On the back of a wagon? I ran into that. It said I needed a lockpick or safecracking kit or something. But I had dynamite, and that also seemed to work.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:10 AM   #233
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
I found that also. I just marked the area and plan to return when I know what to do. Though I've since acquired a lock pick, maybe that works.
I tried the lock pick but either I did it wrong or it doesn't work.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:10 AM   #234
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottabekd View Post
On the back of a wagon? I ran into that. It said I needed a lockpick or safecracking kit or something. But I had dynamite, and that also seemed to work.
Was it on the ground by a wagon?
Old 11-05-2018, 10:19 AM   #235
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottabekd View Post
Yep, I just blow the #### out of any safe I come across. Not very discreet and usually attracts attention, though. I have a set of tools I bought...somewhere...to open locks, but it hasn't been useful yet.

Seems the only place to get dynamite is a fence.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 11-05-2018, 11:22 AM   #236
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Was it on the ground by a wagon?
Yea, that sounds right. I think I kept circling around trying to figure out what they hell the guys were talking about breaking into...before I finally saw there was a crate on the ground.

I think I might need to adjust my gamma. The settings menu says I should be able to see the Rockstar logo, but I can't see it at any setting. I think my plasma TV is dying.

Also, while riding your horse, supposedly if you time your "X" mashing (on PS4, I guess "A" on Xbox) just right, you can gallop without draining your horse's stamina. I haven't been able to get the timing right. I imagine once I get this figured out it will really elevate the connection with your horse and make it feel less like a chore to ride everywhere. Another tip I heard was that if you start on a mission and activate cinematic camera, your horse will follow its GPS and ride all the way there without you needing to control anything. Except I tried this once and ran over a pedestrian and it failed the mission
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:25 AM   #237
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Deputy Whats-his-face trampled a pedestrian in Rhodes when we were coming back from capturing Anders Anderson and everything just kept on going business as usual.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:07 PM   #238
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Deputy Whats-his-face trampled a pedestrian in Rhodes when we were coming back from capturing Anders Anderson and everything just kept on going business as usual.

It's a Rockstar game, cops play by Judge Dredd rules
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:32 AM   #239
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Think I ran into a glitch last night. I was up in the mountains by the original camp looking for a gun slinger and bagged myself a perfect rocky mountain bighorn sheep. I went back to camp to donate the carcass and it said I can only take legendary animals to the trapper.

So I haul it all the way to the trapper and go to sell it and it says I have a perfect sheep and legendary sheep on my horse apparently? So I sell them both (28.50 for the legendary one) and check the his inventory and there doesn't seem to be anything for a legendary sheep?

I am pretty confused on that, but whatever I'll just have to find an actual legendary rocky mountain sheep.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:04 AM   #240
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Think I ran into a glitch last night. I was up in the mountains by the original camp looking for a gun slinger and bagged myself a perfect rocky mountain bighorn sheep. I went back to camp to donate the carcass and it said I can only take legendary animals to the trapper.

So I haul it all the way to the trapper and go to sell it and it says I have a perfect sheep and legendary sheep on my horse apparently? So I sell them both (28.50 for the legendary one) and check the his inventory and there doesn't seem to be anything for a legendary sheep?

I am pretty confused on that, but whatever I'll just have to find an actual legendary rocky mountain sheep.
Go back to the trapper and go to the buy menu. Cycle through the different clothes until you find the set that requires the Legendary Sheep as a crafting component. It should light up in the crafting recipe area that you have the component (Legendary Sheep pelt).

I had to look around through all the sets to find the Legendary Elk pelt I donated to him for crafting, but it was there. 3 pieces, for 3 different pieces of clothing. Now I just need to collect the other requirements so he can craft them.

Also, check your game map to see if the Legendary Sheep appears on there with a slash through it. That means you have hunted that legendary animal.

Game Tip: Hunt the Legendary Buck and head to a fence to craft the Buck Antler Trinket. It permanently upgrades the quality of all pelts you get when hunting. Super handy!

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran

Tags
cows , guns , horses , red dead redemption , wild west