Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-08-2022, 01:04 PM   #41
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Not pissed in the least. I just don't crown teams that haven't earned anything. Last few seasons all the pundits pick the Raiders to finish last in the AFC West and they keep finishing 2nd so I don't get too excited about flashy offseason trades and signings.
Yeah, but acting like Russ isn't an upgrade and/or barely an upgrade on Teddy? Like lolwut? That's just ridiculous and as rube mentioned comes off as copium. Russ may not be the locked in top 5 QB he was a few years ago, but his "decline" is also very overstated. The Broncos can win the Super Bowl if Russ is the 12th best QB in the league. And he is still almost certainly that.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:09 PM   #42
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Has Love even played enough to know for sure? Other than some mop up stuff and a game or two that Rogers missed I don't recall him playing much but haven't followed the Packers closely over the past couple of years so maybe he has played more (?).
I mean the Packers see him every day in practice. Mahomes had one start before the Chiefs moved on from Alex Smith, but yeah they obviously saw what he could do in practice. And now that the Broncos went for Russ says a lot more about Love. Hackett was Love's coach for the past few years, if he thought he was worth trading for he would have traded for him instead of Russ given how much cheaper the acquisition cost/contract cost would be for Love.

And I have seen enough from Love that he doesn't have the NFL arm talent to be elite. It's one thing if you're Trevor Lawrence or Zach Wilson and you throw tons of picks, but also show the elite throws. Love, even in limited action, didn't show he could make the throws. You can improve poor decision making, you can't improve the ability to make the big throws. You either have it or you don't.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:13 PM   #43
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingmoose View Post
I'm in the same position as you - I've been a Packers fan for a long time, but I'm done with Rodgers. Just too selfish for me, with limited results. The vaccination/COVID stuff pushed me over the edge.
So I’m guessing you don’t want to buy my Rodgers’ jersey.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 01:19 PM   #44
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Yeah, but acting like Russ isn't an upgrade and/or barely an upgrade on Teddy? Like lolwut? That's just ridiculous and as rube mentioned comes off as copium. Russ may not be the locked in top 5 QB he was a few years ago, but his "decline" is also very overstated. The Broncos can win the Super Bowl if Russ is the 12th best QB in the league. And he is still almost certainly that.
You and your hot takes. Where did I say that?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 01:21 PM   #45
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
An upgrade over Teddy is a given but Super Bowl champs if Wilson is the 12th best seems like a pipe dream. Denver will need better than that out of Wilson just to get a Wild Card spot. I don't believe that Denver has the weapons on offense to really get the best out of Wilson right now.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 01:26 PM   #46
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You and your hot takes. Where did I say that?
Quote:
I don't know man. I heard the same talk last year after they got Teddy Bridgewater and truth be told Teddy's stats weren't that bad last season as he and Wilson had very similar stats over 14 games. .
Actually it's even worse than I initially read. Did we all miss the "getting Teddy made the Broncos a great team" takes last year? Cause that's just a straight up lie, no one thought that at all. The overwhelming consensus was he was better than Drew Lock, and that's about it. And if you're saying their stats are similar, you are quite obviously implying there isn't a big upgrade, otherwise why mention it?

But I get it, today was shaping up to be so much fun for Raider fans for about 90 minutes when it looked like the Broncos were getting Jordan Love. Must have been a fun 90 minutes if nothing else.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:28 PM   #47
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1501292207722033153
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2022, 01:35 PM   #48
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
An upgrade over Teddy is a given but Super Bowl champs if Wilson is the 12th best seems like a pipe dream. Denver will need better than that out of Wilson just to get a Wild Card spot. I don't believe that Denver has the weapons on offense to really get the best out of Wilson right now.
Denver actually has decent offensive weapons, but when you're trotting out a guy who can't throw past 10 yards and a guy who can't really throw at all, you're not gonna really get to showcase that. Again, they almost made the playoffs with Teddy, they don't need to get that much more from their QB to be a playoff team.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:39 PM   #49
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Extra intrigue: Broncos play in Seattle this year.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 01:41 PM   #50
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Actually it's even worse than I initially read. Did we all miss the "getting Teddy made the Broncos a great team" takes last year? Cause that's just a straight up lie, no one thought that at all. The overwhelming consensus was he was better than Drew Lock, and that's about it. And if you're saying their stats are similar, you are quite obviously implying there isn't a big upgrade, otherwise why mention it?

But I get it, today was shaping up to be so much fun for Raider fans for about 90 minutes when it looked like the Broncos were getting Jordan Love. Must have been a fun 90 minutes if nothing else.
Ha ha ha ha. I have to admit you do make the NFL threads interesting if nothing else. You are straight up nuts and I think you actually believe some of the stuff you type.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:42 PM   #51
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The real loser in this trade is Noah Fant as he continues on with Drew Lock as his QB.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:52 PM   #52
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Denver actually has decent offensive weapons, but when you're trotting out a guy who can't throw past 10 yards and a guy who can't really throw at all, you're not gonna really get to showcase that. Again, they almost made the playoffs with Teddy, they don't need to get that much more from their QB to be a playoff team.
Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention to Denver throughout the season on a week by week basis but it looks like they only beat two teams that ended up with a win record over 0.500. After week 3 they only had 5 games where they managed over 20 points. If they nearly made the playoffs based on that performance I certainly wouldn't attribute that to being a good team and lean more towards the other teams being equally poor.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 02:02 PM   #53
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ha ha ha ha. I have to admit you do make the NFL threads interesting if nothing else. You are straight up nuts and I think you actually believe some of the stuff you type.
I'm not the one making up the "Everyone thought Teddy made the Broncos good last year" narrative lol. Like I said, I get it, for 90 minutes you had the ability to banter like mad, and now you are a fan of a team the fourth best QB in his own division. I'd be trying to convince myself Russ sucks too if I were you.
Old 03-08-2022, 02:07 PM   #54
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Feels like a lot for a 33 year old QB.

But last year in the off-season I said that the Rams overpaid for a 33 year old QB, and then they won the Super Bowl.

So I'll probably just keep my mouth shut this time.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2022, 02:12 PM   #55
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not the one making up the "Everyone thought Teddy made the Broncos good last year" narrative lol. Like I said, I get it, for 90 minutes you had the ability to banter like mad, and now you are a fan of a team the fourth best QB in his own division. I'd be trying to convince myself Russ sucks too if I were you.
I don't know what you are talking about. You put words in my mouth I never said and then you call me a liar. You take your meds today?
Old 03-08-2022, 02:30 PM   #56
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hmmmm....

Quote:
I heard the same talk last year after they got Teddy Bridgewater
So yeah you said this. Which we all know is not even slightly true. Not a soul thought getting Teddy moved any needle other than "Drew Lock really sucks, they could be better with anyone else at QB". So I'm sorry you said it, but you did. Why you said it, I don't know. Copium most likely. But you did say it.
Old 03-08-2022, 02:37 PM   #57
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
I wonder how they can keep Devante Adams. Would be difficult to have the highest paid QB and WR in the league.
They tagged him.
Old 03-08-2022, 03:46 PM   #58
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Carrol isn’t signing up for a rebuild at his age

Makes me think they have a QB plan …. Deshaun Watson …..
Jason14h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 04:00 PM   #59
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post

He might not sign up for one but the Seahawks are not competing with SF, Rams, or Cardinals regardless.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 04:45 PM   #60
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post

One of these QB needy teams is going to sign Marcus Mariota as a bridge QB. He could probably fit into their existing offense and he's a hell of a lot better than Lock.