Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2022, 05:44 AM   #921
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Alberta Politics & Government Thread 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
boohoo. roll out non-sensical policies like a heehaw and get called a heehaw...

How's the syphilis problem in London?

Don’t you see though that calling her names removes creditably from your post?

Like - who cares what you say- well you care. No one posts online because they don’t want people to read what they type. They post to engage and have people read their post

When you name call- you likely make all the users and guests reading this roll their eyes and simply think to themselves something along the lines that this person is obviously a child and doesn’t understand the world- next post who cares what they think.

And remember- I am extremely critical of her in this thread.
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mull For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 10:03 AM   #922
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, calling her ‘Heehaw’ isn’t something that we need to do. That’s juvenile posting and disparaging people personally isn’t necessary. Let’s rise above that stuff.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 02:07 PM   #923
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mull View Post
Don’t you see though that calling her names removes creditably from your post?

Like - who cares what you say- well you care. No one posts online because they don’t want people to read what they type. They post to engage and have people read their post

When you name call- you likely make all the users and guests reading this roll their eyes and simply think to themselves something along the lines that this person is obviously a child and doesn’t understand the world- next post who cares what they think.

And remember- I am extremely critical of her in this thread.
I've called Trudeau, Blackface Mr Dressup for 4 years now. Where is the outrage in that?

But sure Hinshaw is a terrible doctor and if the NDP win they should fire her asap when they take power.

and if she had any bit of decency she should pay back the $300k bonus she got.

Last edited by Johnny Makarov; 08-13-2022 at 02:10 PM.
Johnny Makarov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 02:27 PM   #924
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I've called Trudeau, Blackface Mr Dressup for 4 years now. Where is the outrage in that?

But sure Hinshaw is a terrible doctor and if the NDP win they should fire her asap when they take power.

and if she had any bit of decency she should pay back the $300k bonus she got.
People have said it makes you look dumb with those nicknames but most have long since given up trying get people to not call Trudeau childish names. So push back used to be their. If you keep up your Heehaw name people will eventually ignore it too. It won’t make it less childish.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 02:50 PM   #925
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
People have said it makes you look dumb with those nicknames but most have long since given up trying get people to not call Trudeau childish names. So push back used to be their. If you keep up your Heehaw name people will eventually ignore it too. It won’t make it less childish.

It’s weird the user doesn’t understand this only reflects on them and makes others dismiss what they say.
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mull For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 03:54 PM   #926
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Noted. I guess calling her Heehaw was just easier to type than deplorable UCP mouthpiece.
Old 08-13-2022, 03:59 PM   #927
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Noted. I guess calling her Heehaw was just easier to type than deplorable UCP mouthpiece.
You could also call her Hinshaw, it's only seven letters long and takes just as much effort (ie. zero).
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 04:07 PM   #928
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
She was hired into the role before the UCP took office. That’s not to say I agree with the majority of how she handled the pandemic, just that it’s a bit much to call her a UCP mouthpiece just because they happened to be the party in power at the time you became aware of her existence.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 04:10 PM   #929
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
She was hired into the role before the UCP took office. That’s not to say I agree with the majority of how she handled the pandemic, just that it’s a bit much to call her a UCP mouthpiece just because they happened to be the party in power at the time you became aware of her existence.
So....what you're saying is that she was an NDP hire and has been sabotaging the UCP this whole time to make Kenney and Shandro (like they need her helpt) look bad and give her NDP overlords a fighting chance in the next election?

This Machiavellian and Shyamalanian twist is negligent and nefarious and could result in serious health repercussions for Albertans!

Okay, okay...I couldnt even manage that one with a straight face...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 04:12 PM   #930
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Already mentioned before. Dr. Deena Hinshaw was fine for the first 14-16 months,but went off the rails when the UCP pressured her to drop all testing and measures. We were in the middle of Delta with only 52% of Albertans being doubled vaxxed. ... to tackle a non-life threatening syphilis problem at that.
Old 08-13-2022, 04:14 PM   #931
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
So....what you're saying is that she was an NDP hire and has been sabotaging the UCP this whole time to make Kenney and Shandro (like they need her helpt) look bad and give her NDP overlords a fighting chance in the next election?

This Machiavellian and Shyamalanian twist is negligent and nefarious and could result in serious health repercussions for Albertans!

Okay, okay...I couldnt even manage that one with a straight face...
Nice to see you in the Alberta thread cracking one liners! lol

Usually your audience is in the Federal thread....
Old 08-13-2022, 04:16 PM   #932
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Nice to see you in the Alberta thread cracking one liners! lol

Usually your audience is in the Federal thread....
Thats because the Provincial thread is usually a quagmire of the same old people making the same old arguments. Thats no fun.

I mean seriously, I havent seen a single '#### Kenney' bumper sticker!

Probably because nobody wants to. And I mean nobody!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 04:17 PM   #933
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Already mentioned before. Dr. Deena Hinshaw was fine for the first 14-16 months,but went off the rails when the UCP pressured her to drop all testing and measures. We were in the middle of Delta with only 52% of Albertans being doubled vaxxed. ... to tackle a non-life threatening syphilis problem at that.
As also mentioned before, she doesn’t make the policies. I think you’re confusing the UCP’s decision to drop the testing as her decision.
Old 08-13-2022, 04:19 PM   #934
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Thats because the Provincial thread is usually a quagmire of the same old people making the same old arguments. Thats no fun.

I mean seriously, I havent seen a single '#### Kenney' bumper sticker!

Probably because nobody wants to. And I mean nobody!
Well I guess I'm cancelling my 2,500 heehaw bumper sticker order.
Old 08-13-2022, 04:21 PM   #935
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I like these types of responses.
Old 08-13-2022, 04:21 PM   #936
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
As also mentioned before, she doesn’t make the policies. I think you’re confusing the UCP’s decision to drop the testing as her decision.
As a doctor should you not do what's best for the public? Considering 1000s of her colleagues and all the health organizations around the world said it was a bad idea.

Maybe tell Kenney to solve his own syphilis problem.
Old 08-13-2022, 04:25 PM   #937
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
As a doctor should you not do what's best for the public? Considering 1000s of her colleagues and all the health organizations around the world said it was a bad idea.

Maybe tell Kenney to solve his own syphilis problem.
She probably did tell him that. I think you’re assuming that what was said at the podium during those press conferences was the same as what was advised to the UCP behind closed doors, and you still seem to be having difficulty grasping that she doesn’t make the decisions on policy(ie testing)
Old 08-13-2022, 05:38 PM   #938
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well I guess I'm cancelling my 2,500 heehaw bumper sticker order.
I hope your deposit was refundable.

I honestly dont understand the mentality of the people who buy these bumper stickers.

They hate Trudeau so much that they plaster his name all over their car? Baffling.

Old 08-13-2022, 05:44 PM   #939
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Alberta Politics & Government Thread 3.0

Quote:
boohoo. roll out non-sensical policies like a heehaw and get called a heehaw...

How's the syphilis problem in London?

I haven’t got a clue what the hell you are on about.

And I don’t really care.

Last edited by Barnet Flame; 08-14-2022 at 04:15 AM.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 08:34 PM   #940
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
She probably did tell him that. I think you’re assuming that what was said at the podium during those press conferences was the same as what was advised to the UCP behind closed doors, and you still seem to be having difficulty grasping that she doesn’t make the decisions on policy(ie testing)
Hinshaw can only advise unless it's an emergency management situation where she gets final say. Kenney and the UCP get the final say. Most of what you saw during Covid was political in nature and not about science.