Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2019, 09:06 AM   #1021
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Bo not dressing. Arbuckle gets 1 more game.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1159117079485665280
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RyZ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 09:16 AM   #1022
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Probably the right call. No need to rush him back, especially since Arbuckle is managing to keep the team afloat.

Besides, we'll need as many excuses as possible if we lose to the Bombers, right?
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:25 AM   #1023
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Probably the right call. No need to rush him back, especially since Arbuckle is managing to keep the team afloat.

Besides, we'll need as many excuses as possible if we lose to the Bombers, right?
Bombers are pretty heavy favorites (-7.5) tomorrow night. Bombers are the ones that are going to need excuses if they lose that game, Stamps will be thrilled with a W.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:35 AM   #1024
Slanter
Scoring Winger

Exp:

If Bo misses this game, I believe he would have completed his stint on the 6-game injury list. According to some articles I read at the time he was put on the list, and this site: https://cfldb.ca/glossary/rosters/, his salary shouldn't have counted against the cap during that time.

So, 6 games is 1/3rd of the year, if he's making $750K, that's maybe $250K in cap savings?

Does this potentially put the Stamps in a good position to land some big-name cuts from the NFL, giving us some late season help? I realize ownership would have to cough up the money, but might they want to given we have a realistic shot to win the Grey Cup at home?
Slanter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slanter For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #1025
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
Bo not dressing. Arbuckle gets 1 more game.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1159117079485665280
Nice to see Bergman back in the lineup as he certainly solidifies the O-line. I hope Arbuckle has a great game on Thursday night.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #1026
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanter View Post
If Bo misses this game, I believe he would have completed his stint on the 6-game injury list. According to some articles I read at the time he was put on the list, and this site: https://cfldb.ca/glossary/rosters/, his salary shouldn't have counted against the cap during that time.

So, 6 games is 1/3rd of the year, if he's making $750K, that's maybe $250K in cap savings?

Does this potentially put the Stamps in a good position to land some big-name cuts from the NFL, giving us some late season help? I realize ownership would have to cough up the money, but might they want to given we have a realistic shot to win the Grey Cup at home?
From what I understand that is correct. Dave had a good interview on 960 today describing the difficulties of the short week and things they would have liked to practice to prepare for the Bombers misdirection on offense and special teams but don't feel they have the time to get the execution down so they simply go in hoping the players can execute at a high level and mitigate big plays against.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-07-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:48 AM   #1027
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanter View Post

Interesting -- I always wondered if the Stamps would keep some cap room aside if someone like Singleton or Michel got cut. But with an extra $250k, they could add a couple of guys later in the season...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 02:57 PM   #1028
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Interesting -- I always wondered if the Stamps would keep some cap room aside if someone like Singleton or Michel got cut. But with an extra $250k, they could add a couple of guys later in the season...

Selfishly, I'd love to have Singleton back.
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to midniteowl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 06:06 PM   #1029
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteowl View Post
Selfishly, I'd love to have Singleton back.
Greenwood has been great in the middle, but could you imagine having the luxury of both Singleton and Greenwood?!? I can't remember who posted it, but Thurman was in tough to make the Bears, so perhaps a Thurman return to the Stamps later this season?
Old 08-07-2019, 09:06 PM   #1030
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Greenwood has been great in the middle, but could you imagine having the luxury of both Singleton and Greenwood?!? I can't remember who posted it, but Thurman was in tough to make the Bears, so perhaps a Thurman return to the Stamps later this season?

Yeah, I'm quite impressed with Greenwood this season. You're right, having both Singleton and Greenwood? Mmmmm.....I can dream that. And if Thurman returns, that'll be quite a GC at home.
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:55 AM   #1031
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pre-season, but Marken Michel with a long TD for the Eagles.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1159623263376437248
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2019, 08:07 PM   #1032
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

The Riders are on the verge of being gifted a win due to weather delay protocol. If I have it right, game ends if delayed for more than 1 hour and more than halfway then 3rd. Leading team gets the W if up by 7 or more.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:17 PM   #1033
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Lame. Game officially called. TSN doesn’t even want to mention it. Somehow this is the first game called off in CFL history. People on twitter saying this weather protocol is new. Avoid some of the long delays in the past and avoid injuries to players.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2019, 09:18 PM   #1034
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

No lead is safe - except when you have a lead late in the 3rd quarter and there's bad weather at the stadium.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:41 PM   #1035
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

That’s dumb. From what I gather, this is what the players wanted in the last contract. Blame the players not the league.

What’s the protocol if the score difference was 3 or it was during the second quarter?
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:59 PM   #1036
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Maas is such a clown show. How he thinks that hotheaded explosions help his team perform better is beyond me. Its every single game. And its not passion, its stupidity.
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FLAMESRULE For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2019, 11:45 PM   #1037
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Familia View Post
That’s dumb. From what I gather, this is what the players wanted in the last contract. Blame the players not the league.

What’s the protocol if the score difference was 3 or it was during the second quarter?
It would have counted as a tie. I think.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:04 AM   #1038
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

As an example, if the Riders were winning by one point, Montreal were on the Riders 10 with a first down, late in the 3rd and the game were called, the Riders would be given the win?
is that correct? I hate this new rule.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #1039
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
As an example, if the Riders were winning by one point, Montreal were on the Riders 10 with a first down, late in the 3rd and the game were called, the Riders would be given the win?
is that correct? I hate this new rule.
Yup, that's the way the weather protocol reads to me (from cfl.ca)

Game 42 between the Montreal Alouettes and the Saskatchewan Roughriders has been called following a weather delay which began at 9:06 p.m. ET and concluded at 10:06 p.m. ET. In accordance with the CFL and the CFLPA’s weather protocol, Saskatchewan has won the game by a score of 17-10. At the time of delay, 2:41 remained in the third quarter.

The decision to finalize the game was made in consideration of the weather protocol which was jointly developed between the CFL and the Management Council comprised of Club Presidents to address in-game situations where the safety of players, officials and fans may be affected by inclement weather. The weather protocol was negotiated into the CFL and the CFLPA’s collective bargaining agreement this past spring.

The weather protocol states that if there is a stoppage greater than 60 minutes after the game becomes official at the midway point of the third quarter, the game will be considered final, and that two points will be awarded to the leading team
Old 08-10-2019, 02:17 PM   #1040
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Wow, yeah not sure where the 7 points thing came from yesterday on Twitter. Reading those rules in full, point diff only matters when less than half of 3rd qtr has been played. Once game is official, at mid point of 3rd, it just becomes a final.