Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2019, 09:27 PM   #761
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
I'm a Colts fan and devastated but with that being said, people that think the Colts are now going to be one of the worst teams in the league is hilarious. They still have a pretty good shot at winning the weak AFC South. Brissett isn't a bad QB. There were reports teams were offering a 1st round pick for him and the Colts had no interest in moving him. Ballard has put together an extremely talented deep young team.
Anything is possible but IMO the drop off from Luck last season to Brissett is massive. Massive. Maybe if Bressett is serviceable they can win 8 games but I wouldn't be shocked to see the bottom fall out for this team.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2019, 09:29 PM   #762
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Anything is possible but IMO the drop off from Luck last season to Brissett is massive. Massive. Maybe if Bressett is serviceable they can win 8 games but I wouldn't be shocked to see the bottom fall out for this team.
It is massive you're right. But in 2017 we went from the most sacked team to I think the least sacked team in 2018? At least through 12 games or so. That's why Luck was so good last year. You give Brissett as much time as Luck got with this new o line he might turn some heads. Here's hoping at least.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:04 PM   #763
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Yeah Andrew Luck was pretty under rated. He masked some genrrally weak teams his first few years. They do have a better roster now, but I think they look a lot more like a 6 win team than a 9 win team.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:12 PM   #764
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shocking as it is he's a smart guy and has enough money to be set for life. Probably should have told the Colts sooner, but I guess you never know it's over until it just hits you. Brissett could be good, the Colts aren't as bad as when Luck carried them early on, and I would probably rather Tank for Trevor next year instead of Tank for Tua, so we'll see how he does and if you're a 7 win team then you move on.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:30 PM   #765
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

That leaves Wilson, Foles and Cousins from the the 2012 QB class.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:42 PM   #766
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow that’s shocking given the timing.

The next time someone tries to argue that some players aren’t more prone to injuries than others, think of Luck. That guy has suffered through all kinds of stuff.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:37 PM   #767
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1165468464796053504
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:29 AM   #768
Knut

Exp:

Ughh. The booing video is despicable. I am a Colts dan but I am not sure I want to be anymore. Boo the previous regime for not providing a good O-line to protect your elite player.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 01:02 AM   #769
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1165506248202018816
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:24 AM   #770
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

overshadowed by the Luck news: Lamar Miller tore his ACL yesterday. Stupid preseason injuries ...
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:12 PM   #771
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

i really liked Luck and wish him the best... some of the reactions have been over the top...

glad to see other players and former players supporting him

https://twitter.com/user/status/1166053734708731904

https://twitter.com/user/status/1165809758806388736

https://twitter.com/user/status/1166126151720415239

Last edited by oldschoolcalgary; 08-26-2019 at 08:15 PM.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:23 AM   #772
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I don't get the criticism. I find on NFL (and even some CFL) message boards there's still a lot of fans that haven't moved past the old culture that think players should be putting their health and well being on the line to entertain fans.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:12 AM   #773
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have no issues with the booing. It was a spur of the moment thing where people found out while sitting at the game with the guy on the sidelines.

If he showed up next game and it was announced a few days before and THEN they booed I would have issues with the booing - but spur of the moment? no way.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:37 AM   #774
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

I first saw Luck when he was in high school, watching Elite 11 videos on YouTube. Then saw him go on to a stellar career at Stanford (still enjoy watching videos of him running over that Cal DB, and lighting up a USC DB following a fumble recovery). Then was a consensus first overall, and lived up to that billing.

Didn't watch him much in the NFL but he always seemed to enjoy football and played the game the right way. Sad to see him retire but don't know how you can have anything but respect for him, his decision, and his career.

P.S. YouTube "Andrew Luck Gruden QB Camp" if you want to see some great pre-draft footage. Spider 2 Y banana...

Last edited by tvp2003; 08-27-2019 at 08:51 AM.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:47 AM   #775
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Andrew Luck's father is CEO and commissioner of the XFL.....Just saying
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:52 AM   #776
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

those criticizing Luck (and calling it a "millennial thing", that's one of the stupidest "arguments" I've heard in a long time) can go pound sand. Blame it on the previous Colts regime for failing to protect their franchise QB and let him get murdered every week, but don't criticize a player who's been in constant pain for years that he's lost the joy.

in other news, this is pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1166197479932661762
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2019, 10:25 AM   #777
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I have no issues with the booing. It was a spur of the moment thing where people found out while sitting at the game with the guy on the sidelines.

If he showed up next game and it was announced a few days before and THEN they booed I would have issues with the booing - but spur of the moment? no way.
What difference does that make? If you're someone who takes pro sports seriously enough to instinctively boo a guy for making this kind of decision, you're a mouth-breathing chud.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2019, 10:32 AM   #778
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

I get and agree with all the statements about players not having to risk their bodies if they don't want, how hard rehab and getting in shape are, fans not having to live with the consequences of the rigors of football, all that. I think it's extremely valid and I also think no one of significance would have a problem with this if it was April. But why are we pretending it's not 2 weeks before the season starts? That's the reason I'd be peeved if I was a Colts fan. Retire if you want, but we're pretty late in the game to leave your team in the lurch, unless there's something medically that changed drastically rendering Luck unable to play since training camp started.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:39 AM   #779
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
I get and agree with all the statements about players not having to risk their bodies if they don't want, how hard rehab and getting in shape are, fans not having to live with the consequences of the rigors of football, all that. I think it's extremely valid and I also think no one of significance would have a problem with this if it was April. But why are we pretending it's not 2 weeks before the season starts? That's the reason I'd be peeved if I was a Colts fan. Retire if you want, but we're pretty late in the game to leave your team in the lurch, unless there's something medically that changed drastically rendering Luck unable to play since training camp started.
You realize that his most recent injury occurred this month, right? He was trying to rehab it and get back and it wasn't working and it finally broke him.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:43 AM   #780
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

at least he retired before they traded Brissett ... that would have been ugly. Could have got into the Tua sweepstakes but I doubt it, that's still a solid team.