Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #261
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckieNZ View Post
If you have more than 4 on at most times, why don't you just play against 4+? Games aren't that hard to find right now...
We just tend to play whom ever comes up. Nevertheless we shouldn't struggle against 2 man teams.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #262
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
We just tend to play whom ever comes up. Nevertheless we shouldn't struggle against 2 man teams.
New tuner update should knock a few of the dangler teams down a bit.

Quote:
Sept 15 (gameplay balance) *Scheduled to deployed at 2am PST / 5 am EST on Sept 15th.

The primary goal of this update is to increase goal scoring and decrease the advantages of solo, dangler style play in favor of more passing.

The specific changes are:
-Increase shot accuracy overall.
-Increases to shot power in some situations.
-Increase friction on dive.
-Increase poke check effectiveness.
-Face-off tuning, primarily to help CPU in certain situations.
-Decrease fatigue rate during odd man situations (when clock is scaled and you are limited to two lines).
-Decrease teamplay penalty for missed pass attempts.
-Small increase to pass receptions (online games and HUT, offline can adjust using slider).
-Small decrease to puck control (online games and HUT, offline can adjust using slider).
-Narrowed the range of the agility effect.
Diemenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #263
ChuckieNZ
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

There's only one thing you need to know to win:

ChuckieNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #264
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Well anytime anyone brings up practice, people just blow it off because we want in games
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #265
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

if we want to practice then we have to change this from being a fun loving everyone welcome team to one that is about winning. until we as a team can solve that dichotomy, practice is not a priority.

i am hearing good things about the tuner update on OS. especially from dman perspective.

also, jobo, i hope EA is getting data on the average team size. because in my opinion, 2 and 3 man teams is more popular than before. i rarely see a human defender. the 2 fwd and 3 fwd teams seem to be about 90% of the teams.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #266
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
also, jobo, i hope EA is getting data on the average team size. because in my opinion, 2 and 3 man teams is more popular than before. i rarely see a human defender. the 2 fwd and 3 fwd teams seem to be about 90% of the teams.
EA gets data on everything. So I'm sure they have data for the average players per game.

Quote:
if we want to practice then we have to change this from being a fun loving everyone welcome team to one that is about winning. until we as a team can solve that dichotomy, practice is not a priority.
Just because we're a public team for the forum doesn't mean that the core group of guys that want to develop chemistry with one another and have more organization in there play. As things go along we can evaluate if we would have to change the structure of our club. So far sticking in the 80-150 ranking range in the elite division for the past several days shows that we can have potential to be a competitive team with a solid number of that play often.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #267
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
Well anytime anyone brings up practice, people just blow it off because we want in games
This is true. How many people would actually be interested in getting some practice in?
Old 09-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #268
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

we have chemistry, at least I hope so after playing together for 3 years. The thing is we all have our flaws and some games they just happen to stand out more then others.

We all have to think a bit more when we play...space out a bit more, pass it around, not having everyone follow the puck like a bunch of 5 year olds. It's so tough trying to get the puck out from behind the net with 2 dmen back there and a couple forwards...no one knows who has the puck.

When we play our positions, we win, when we scramble, we lose, that easy
Old 09-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #269
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
This is true. How many people would actually be interested in getting some practice in?
I wouldn't mind it, but we rarely get more then 6 guys even on at one time
Old 09-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #270
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dont mind practice or games problem is there is either 5 or 6 guys on and playing in a game or there is no one on...
Old 09-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #271
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
we have chemistry, at least I hope so after playing together for 3 years. The thing is we all have our flaws and some games they just happen to stand out more then others.

We all have to think a bit more when we play...space out a bit more, pass it around, not having everyone follow the puck like a bunch of 5 year olds. It's so tough trying to get the puck out from behind the net with 2 dmen back there and a couple forwards...no one knows who has the puck.

When we play our positions, we win, when we scramble, we lose, that easy
This is where I think practice would help. It's an environment where there is nothing on the line, so we can focus more on playing proper hockey and more systematic. We can take what we've done in practice, and apply it in game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
I dont mind practice or games problem is there is either 5 or 6 guys on and playing in a game or there is no one on...
We may have to schedule times where we practice instead of playing games only.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #272
C-ero
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Man, there's no point to reviewing goals...it's always good goal.
C-ero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #273
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-ero View Post
Man, there's no point to reviewing goals...it's always good goal.
Its true. I had a reviewed goal where the pass bounced of my foot and was then shot hard into the net, they had to review it because? Not even a soccer player could kick it that hard. LOL
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #274
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Are you guys on now?

Edit: I will be on in about 20 or so.

Last edited by Kipper is King; 09-15-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Kipper is King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #275
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
EA gets data on everything. So I'm sure they have data for the average players per game.

Just because we're a public team for the forum doesn't mean that the core group of guys that want to develop chemistry with one another and have more organization in there play. As things go along we can evaluate if we would have to change the structure of our club. So far sticking in the 80-150 ranking range in the elite division for the past several days shows that we can have potential to be a competitive team with a solid number of that play often.
what i am saying is its absurd to practice when we never quite know what position we will be playing or who our teammate will be. i can practice all day long with spike as a D partner but then hes not there and i am playing with likwid or kg or someone else. will the santos be playing forward or dropping back as dmen because more forwards are online? whos gonna be goalie?

what i am saying is because we are a public team with way too many members, there is no real point to practice and attempts at structure.

but what do i care; i think nhl 11 sucks dick. i think i am going to gamestop and buying nhl10 back.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #276
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
what i am saying is its absurd to practice when we never quite know what position we will be playing or who our teammate will be. i can practice all day long with spike as a D partner but then hes not there and i am playing with likwid or kg or someone else. will the santos be playing forward or dropping back as dmen because more forwards are online? whos gonna be goalie?

what i am saying is because we are a public team with way too many members, there is no real point to practice and attempts at structure.
We've seen in years past though that after initial release it because a true group of 6-10 people that play very frequently. Already we're seeing who's going to be playing very frequently, so those players will have an idea of what the playbook is like. As long as players have a general idea of what kind of plays we have, then it shouldn't be too much of an issue if players play in different positions since they would know what to do in the position they're in for the game. The only thing that would need adjustment between plays and chemistry and feel for one another.

Quote:
but what do i care; i think nhl 11 sucks dick. i think i am going to gamestop and buying nhl10 back.
I think you're not giving NHL 11 much of a chance in adapting to the changes. I couldn't go back to NHL 10 just knowing how weak the AI was and acardish the game felt compare to 11. You can't play this version like it's NHL 10 and have to adapt your play style since it stresses having skill and playing realistically in order to be successful. There are of course a few hiccups, but some of those will be addressed in the upcoming patch. The biggest one being the auto skate has been confirmed to be resolved in the patch.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:05 AM   #277
FlamingInfinity
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Good couple of games tonight. We were getting completely dominated, and ended up being down 2-0, and rallied back in the 3rd to tie it. Sent it into overtime, and lost it on a breakaway deke.

That was a total blast, and I hope to have more games. I'll try and get Bryan Bosworth up to snuff with speed and some hitting power.
Giordano: He plays for the oilers, enough said.
FlamingInfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #278
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
We've seen in years past though that after initial release it because a true group of 6-10 people that play very frequently. Already we're seeing who's going to be playing very frequently, so those players will have an idea of what the playbook is like. As long as players have a general idea of what kind of plays we have, then it shouldn't be too much of an issue if players play in different positions since they would know what to do in the position they're in for the game. The only thing that would need adjustment between plays and chemistry and feel for one another.

I think you're not giving NHL 11 much of a chance in adapting to the changes. I couldn't go back to NHL 10 just knowing how weak the AI was and acardish the game felt compare to 11. You can't play this version like it's NHL 10 and have to adapt your play style since it stresses having skill and playing realistically in order to be successful. There are of course a few hiccups, but some of those will be addressed in the upcoming patch. The biggest one being the auto skate has been confirmed to be resolved in the patch.
in my opinion nhl 11 is not less arcadish. i think it is more arcady. i think the ai is slightly better but not enough to make a difference. i feel that this years eashl is peewee style hockey where everyone just chases the puck and its just a matter of who comes out with the last bounce or takeaway. i feel this years game rewards teams that only have 2 or 3 forwards. it rewards the selfish puck hog players. i rarely see human D men. why? its easier to let the AI do it. same for goalies. so with this 1 dr crap, you just see a bunch of 2 and 3 man teams. and like i said last night it feels like nfl blitz on ice. if i try to hit someone either i crush them unrealistically or i miss totally and end up half way down the ice thanks to the awful physics of the game.

like i said, i just think this game is a step backwards. obviously lots of people love this years game, so not everyone will be happy.

and i feel i have given it a chance. i have played about 40 games so far. i think the default tuner was the best of the 3. last night didn't seem to have much of an impact on the crappy 2nd tuner they had. though it seemed a slight bit better.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #279
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

That was a great game we played last night. I love it when we all have multiple points in a game. Boo yeah!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #280
ChuckieNZ
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

New tuner is awful.
ChuckieNZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eashl , i blame yellow , nhl11 , ps3 , send me