Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2020, 12:17 PM   #341
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
They were good against the run but pretty bad against the pass. But they are young I think so they could be a sneaky good team.

Plus, Panthers will probably suck, ATL will probably suck, NO who knows. Could be a sneaky team.
Saints will still be good. I find they're getting overlooked now due to recent playoff disappointment, but this is basically still the same team that's gone 37-9 since an 0-2 start to 2017. No real holes anywhere, especially if they add a solid LB in the Draft (and Rankins and Davenport on the DL need to show they can stay healthy through a full year) they've got as good a shot at anyone. This is still their division.

I bet at least one of Saints-Bucs is a prime time game, I'm loving all the additions in the South this year. Going to be a fun year. In theory anyway, ugh..fingers crossed!
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:25 PM   #342
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Loving this idea for the draft!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...elief-efforts/
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2020, 03:03 PM   #343
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
They wouldn't let Bret Hart just drop it when he was leaving, so I want a match, complete with a 1997 Survivor Series, Montreal screwjob type result. BB in the role of Vinny Mac ring-side watching Gronk get prematurely counted out.
Its the 24/7 title. Gronk could literally be tackled and Pinned on the field and loose the title!
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2020, 03:28 PM   #344
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha gotcha. I used to be a hardcore WWF fan in the 90s but have no idea what's going on anymore. I thought that was just a new name for the world title
Old 04-22-2020, 07:08 PM   #345
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
A Tiger Woods-Phil Mickelson golf match involving football legends Peyton Manning and Tom Brady is planned for May, according to Turner Sports.

"The Match: Champions for Charity" will benefit coronavirus relief. The event will air live on TNT -- possibly Memorial Day weekend -- at an undisclosed location without spectators.
https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...lay-golf-match
Old 04-23-2020, 06:45 AM   #346
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know about you guys and gals but I'm pretty excited about tonight. It's the first time in over a month where we get to watch a regular professional sports league conduct an annual event. I'm also kind of excited to see how this virtual draft plays out as I'm sure there will be some bugs and odd moments.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2020, 07:00 AM   #347
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't know about you guys and gals but I'm pretty excited about tonight. It's the first time in over a month where we get to watch a regular professional sports league conduct an annual event. I'm also kind of excited to see how this virtual draft plays out as I'm sure there will be some bugs and odd moments.
super stoked for it. I always love the draft, and even more so this year because there's no other sports at all.

we always do a mock draft on a German sports forum where 16 users take over two teams each. No trades, just the official drafter order ... usually we do 3 rounds over a month or so, but this year, with no other sports and home office, we did 5 rounds will be fun to see how it really shakes out, I expect this one to be madness to be honest. Teams' boards will be all over the place.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:46 AM   #348
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Couldn't agree more.

With the insane amount of dreadful ongoings the last 6-8 weeks, escaping into something that really doesn't matter is going to be so refreshing.

Ive been reading way way too many mock drafts, so seeing what actually occurs will be more than interesting.

The most curious thing to me will be how many trades actually occur...its a LOT easier when everyone is in the same building, but when its all phone/text/laptop/whatever...i see the possibility for chaos. Chaos is always fun in something like this.

I hope the Packers make a deal with Houston...for anything...because its a guaranteed win.

Name one player your team drafts tonight.

Im saying the Pack go after Robert Hunt an OG out of Louisiana Lafayette with their 2nd pick.

Way to hard to figure out who their 1st pick will be because its so up in the air what happens in front of them. I could see a huge name dropping just as easily as no one of interest thats left and them trading down.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #349
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh man I really have a difficult time figuring out who the Raiders will pick as it may largely depend on how many QB's are picked before causing other positions to slide back a bit. If CJ Henderson is available at 12 I think they take him but if he's gone I have to go with CeeDee Lamb. 19 will be much easier to zero in for based on the position they pick at 12.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:24 AM   #350
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Oh man I really have a difficult time figuring out who the Raiders will pick as it may largely depend on how many QB's are picked before causing other positions to slide back a bit. If CJ Henderson is available at 12 I think they take him but if he's gone I have to go with CeeDee Lamb. 19 will be much easier to zero in for based on the position they pick at 12.
If both of Henderson and Isaiah Simmons are there....which way do they go?

And to make it worse...what if Ruggs is still there? LOL.

Really interesting draft for sure.

Also the more i read it seems almost like a given that the Dolphins trade up to 3 to get Tua.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:27 AM   #351
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Also the more i read it seems almost like a given that the Dolphins trade up to 3 to get Tua.
yeah I'd be shocked if they didn't. Makes sense with the Chargers looming, and the Fins have the ammunition to do it. Might cost them 26+x or even 18 though, we'll see.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:10 AM   #352
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I’m praying for anarchy
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:17 AM   #353
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
If both of Henderson and Isaiah Simmons are there....which way do they go?

And to make it worse...what if Ruggs is still there? LOL.

Really interesting draft for sure.

I don't think Simmons would be there but if by chance he made it to 12 then it's 100% the Raiders would take him as he would be a steal at 12. I expect Ruggs to be there for sure as barring trades the Jets or Jags are likely the only teams ahead of the Raiders that may pick a WR and in those cases I would expect them to pick Lamb or Jeudy ahead of Ruggs. I think Ruggs will get picked in the first round but I feel he's a bit overhyped and some teams like receivers behind him like Justin Jefferson or Tee Higgins more.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 04-23-2020 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:26 AM   #354
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh I'm super fired up for this! Yeah for the distraction, being an NFL fan in general, and yeah the somewhat expected virtual draft hiccups we should see tonight. Going to be interesting!

As for who Saints will take, after signing Emmanuel Sanders they don't really have any holes so I see a BPA situation for them. But LB has been speculated the most, with LSU's Patrick Queen and Oklahoma's Kenneth Murray being the most predicted. I'd rather have Murray, Saints need more aggression in their front 7. I've seen Utah State QB Jordan Love as a dark horse there, but I doubt it.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:28 AM   #355
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I'm pretty pumped for this. A few of my buddies from Calgary and I are doing a virtual watch party for it, so it'll be nice to have some of the usual back and forth banter as well.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:30 AM   #356
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

so who delivers the first WTF moment? Has to be Gettleman, right?
Old 04-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #357
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
so who delivers the first WTF moment? Has to be Gettleman, right?
O'Brien or Gettleman.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:46 AM   #358
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Do not underestimate Elway
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:25 AM   #359
toonmaster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Where can I watch the draft? My Telus guide shows it on TSN 3&4 which I don't subscribe to. Any other options?
Old 04-23-2020, 11:48 AM   #360
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
O'Brien or Gettleman.
Deshaun Watson for Edelman straight up incoming.