Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2023, 03:28 PM   #101
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
Avg ice time per game may be skewed a bit by playing two full games in Game 1 vs Carolina
I think that's accounted for when I take a quick look. Otherwise it'd be way more skewed.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 03:34 PM   #102
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't have a favourite here. Just hoping to see game 7 go to multiple overtimes.

Next goal wins.. just like old street hockey games.
JBR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 03:40 PM   #103
Kipper_3434
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I want Benzo to continue his strong playoff performance. Always believed in the guy and really one of the early reasons I wasn't sad to see Treliving walk (always signing vets that bumped him of the top 2 lines.)
Kipper_3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 04:40 PM   #104
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper_3434 View Post
I want Benzo to continue his strong playoff performance. Always believed in the guy and really one of the early reasons I wasn't sad to see Treliving walk (always signing vets that bumped him of the top 2 lines.)
Yep, he was always obviously the kind of guy you want to have if you're going to win in the playoffs, and trading him was like a sign at the time that the Flames weren't about that. It was the ki d of trade that costs confidence in the GM.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 05:04 PM   #105
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper_3434 View Post
Who was that? Because Neal didn't bump him. They played together on the third line.

His last two years the top 6 was Gaudreau, Lindholm, Monahan, Backlund, Tkachuk, Mangiapane. None of them were signings. And all but Lindy were home grown. The year before that was 2018-19 and his most common linemates were Tkachuk and Backlund. I guess you could argue Frolik was second line over him sometimes that year. That's the only vet signed by Treliving that you could argue supplanted Bennett in the lineup.
Old 05-30-2023, 06:20 PM   #106
kipperiggy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
This is interesting considering all the noise around the deployment for the Flames this year.
Arguably Vegas has better depth for this than we do. And Vegas doesn’t overplay its 4th line to do it.

Thanks AC!
kipperiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 08:16 PM   #107
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
Vegas has such depth and plays such a solid defensive game, that it could cause trouble for the Panthers offense.

I think Vegas has the slight advantage, and I'd be surprised if it didn't go at least 6 games.
I thought that about Carolina, but the Panthers found a way. That team was far better defensively than Vegas, and had better goaltending too. If the Panthers were able to overcome Boston and Carolina's defense/goaltending, I don't think there's any team they can't overcome.

Should be a good series, but I still think Florida has something figured out that is going to be really hard to beat.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2023, 10:28 PM   #108
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I thought that about Carolina, but the Panthers found a way. That team was far better defensively than Vegas, and had better goaltending too. If the Panthers were able to overcome Boston and Carolina's defense/goaltending, I don't think there's any team they can't overcome.

Should be a good series, but I still think Florida has something figured out that is going to be really hard to beat.
I think the game 1 loss somewhat broke the Canes. That and Bob being nearly impervious in net.

I'm predicting this one to go 7, and since the Panthers seem like a team of destiny, predicting them to win in OT.
Old 05-30-2023, 11:49 PM   #109
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

After 10 seasons of the Cup being won by a goalie who was drafted by the winning team (and 13 seasons where the winning goalie had never played for another NHL team), we're now looking at the second straight season where that won't be the case.
Old 05-31-2023, 01:39 AM   #110
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 02:13 AM   #111
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Legend that is Sam Bennett is playing for the Cup.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 02:57 AM   #112
schmaaadm
Draft Pick

I’ll be cheering loud and proud for the boys in my Bennet #9 jersey. Couldn’t be happier for the 3 ex- flames and couldn’t be happier that brad is gone and Connie is in the big chair! Go Cats!!!!!!
schmaaadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 06:36 AM   #113
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post

Sometimes a team just has that Je ne sais quoi (spelling?) and Florida is that team this year.
With Bobrovsky regaining his form out of nowhere and going into god mode, the overtime record, Florida just seems to be destined to win. I wouldn't be shocked to see it. Think it goes 6 or 7 games.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 06:49 AM   #114
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sometimes a team just has that Je ne sais quoi (spelling?) and Florida is that team this year.
With Bobrovsky regaining his form out of nowhere and going into god mode, the overtime record, Florida just seems to be destined to win. I wouldn't be shocked to see it. Think it goes 6 or 7 games.
True, but there have also been teams that looked like the team of destiny who hit the wall at various points.
Old 05-31-2023, 07:33 AM   #115
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

And Vegas and Florida are seemingly similar in that they both are playing as if they have chips on their shoulders.

Vegas was underestimated in the beginning of the year, and Florida was underestimated at the end of the regular season.

Carolina had most of its best forwards injured. Vegas is healthier in that regard.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 08:12 AM   #116
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

What's with the 4 day break? I swear, this league.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 08:15 AM   #117
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
What's with the 4 day break? I swear, this league.
Building availability mostly.
Old 05-31-2023, 08:17 AM   #118
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Potentially a 16/17 day series. That's really stretched out.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 08:21 AM   #119
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
je nais se quois

But i agree, Florida has something that cannot be coached or bought or whatever it is.

They just seem to have that variable going that they simply wont lose in the end.

My heart says Panthers but my head says Vegas.

Panthers in 6.
Old 05-31-2023, 10:07 AM   #120
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
True, but there have also been teams that looked like the team of destiny who hit the wall at various points.
you're right. quite a few examples of that.
Panthers could be another. I'm going to pick Vegas in 6 or 7.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote