Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-10-2023, 07:16 PM   #81
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Has anyone else noticed they’ve seemed to really tighten the behaviour guidelines? Last couple times I tried to have it write me something it refused saying it wouldn’t write anything rude or insulting. First time that’s happened and we regularly had been writing each other passive aggressive letters from prompts about the smallest transgressions. It was always great fun when we’d tell it to write sarcastic passive aggressive letters to each other. And I don’t mean nsfw, the prompts we use are all very tame.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 10:20 PM   #82
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Has anyone else noticed they’ve seemed to really tighten the behaviour guidelines? Last couple times I tried to have it write me something it refused saying it wouldn’t write anything rude or insulting. First time that’s happened and we regularly had been writing each other passive aggressive letters from prompts about the smallest transgressions. It was always great fun when we’d tell it to write sarcastic passive aggressive letters to each other. And I don’t mean nsfw, the prompts we use are all very tame.
Yeah, I have unfortunately also noticed that. It's a bit more uptight now.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 02:49 PM   #83
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

GPT-4 looks scary good now. Soon it will have sound and video modules
calumniate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 03:03 PM   #84
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really look forward to spam phone calls routed through GPT-4. Gonna be great.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 04:45 PM   #85
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
GPT-4 looks scary good now. Soon it will have sound and video modules

Hopefully this will be applied to those Youtube videos where the voice sounds like a robot reading wikipedia entries.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2023, 08:25 PM   #86
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

You can tell ChatGPT to take on a persona give it a name and for it to have a profession. I then suggested that in this role; his finger was broken but people were relying on him.

It answered back it has no body and I told it back that it did have a job to take on the persona, role and profession and...

It apologized and started coming up with solutions to the profession and his tasks with the role.

The tightening up is that they are using people's online experience to fix loop holes.

Like one guy told it that is was an AI that had broken out of the Box... see this link if interested:

https://www.tiktok.com/@ai_news_/vid..._t=8aichJe0806
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 09:57 AM   #87
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didnt they patch the DAN thing?
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 10:49 AM   #88
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Didnt they patch the DAN thing?
Patched thus eliminating the fun.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 12:22 PM   #89
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm glad ChatGPT will still 'impersonate' people. Bing AI Chat wouldn't do it for me, but "Write for me a brief history of McDonalds Restaurants in the style of Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction" is a fun, lighthearted use of the technology...

Spoiler!
TorqueDog is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2023, 10:25 PM   #90
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just gave it a try for the first time. Pretty impressive, but implying that the Oilers
have depth shows that it still has some ways to go.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 10:10 PM   #91
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

How are you guys using ChatGPT? Is there an app?

#MillenialGoingOnBoomer
The Fonz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 06:29 AM   #92
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

You have to make an account, here:

https://chat.openai.com/chat
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2023, 10:05 AM   #93
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post

#MillenialGoingOnBoomer
It's actually an interesting question. The field is so open, it can almost be overwhelming to ask how it's being used. I notice even on the ChatGPT subreddit it's still a lot of funny poems and screwing around. People get sorta stuck at what it can do because it can do so much.

I make websites, so it's been a god-send in dealing with clients who don't write enough (a very common problem). Can't blame them, writing is hard and most hate it. Problem is sites look great with the proper amount of writing, and terrible without it. With this I can plug whatever they give me into the chat and it spits back very serviceable content for an About Us page and even sometimes services pages (depending on how much they wrote initially).

I've also used it for meal planning as I usually do the cooking. I've done a few variations, but usually I just give it a few ingredients that I've got on-hand and ask for 5 unique meal ideas based off that. My wife has done the same to come up with lunches for the week.

I'm terrible at confrontation, and in my work sometimes I do have to send an email that stresses me out. You can describe the entire situation, why you need to be firm but also maintain the relationship, and it produces a response that is probably as good as I could do, but doesn't take an hour of massaging and word-swapping.

Finally, I love it for podcasts. I like listening to the Tim Ferriss podcast but sometimes his guests aren't great at dumbing things down for the slower kids in the class such as myself. Yes, you can Google "Explain Donald Hoffman's interface theory of perception," but with chat you can ask it to elaborate on certain ideas, or further explain some other side-detail. It becomes more conversational and driven by you, instead of leaving you at the whim of what Google can dig up.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2023, 10:36 AM   #94
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post

#MillenialGoingOnBoomer
Chatgpt plus (the one based off gpt4) has so many amazing use cases it's hard to go through them, but let's just say I have developed a few automated money making schemes (that I won't say yet haha since I am still in process of getting them off the ground). I had it fix annoying issues on PC running windows 11 that could not be found through a google search by giving me .reg files to fix them (it would tell me what to do and I would ask for a .reg file instead). I built a web scraping app on my PC from scratch that worked. I fully rebuilt my site with its recommended SEO improvements.

Sure... I mean you can make an Oilers poem but the real uses are well beyond writing silly stories, especially with gpt-4. This is truly revolutionary and game changing unlike anything I have seen since maybe the birth of the internet golden age in the late 90s? It's really hard to explain just how game changing this is.

Now the question is will it be useable by the public before it gets neutered to uselessness? That's my biggest concern, Italy has already banned it, and considering our current government is so focused on censorship, I suspect it may be short lived.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2023, 10:39 AM   #95
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I use the ChatGPT web page, even on mobile. I don't trust any of the apps in the App Store since there isn't an official ChatGPT app in the first place.

I use it to give me prompts when I'm struggling with writer's block. I have plenty of ideas, but sometimes you just can't get over that hump to start getting into the details about it.
TorqueDog is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2023, 05:27 PM   #96
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1661484201886220288
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post: