Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2023, 01:57 PM   #41
shutout
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
I’ve never seen an athlete do more superstitious ceremonies during a game. Watching him live is nuts, he does all sorts of things at TV timeouts, intermissions, etc… I have a feeling he’s really hard on himself. His ability is apparent in my opinion, but he hasn’t been consistent. Also hasn’t been on a strong team.
Sounds a lot like Trevor Kidd.
Could not consistently get out of his own head.
Was his own worst enemy.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:09 PM   #42
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
I could see Ottawa , Edmonton and even Toronto on this.

Darkhorse Buffalo

Posted in other thread but Keith Jones was on with Jeff Marek Monday during my gross drive to greaserville and he was talking about how Philly is moving into a full rebuild, both team wise but also personnel wise. Big focus and emphasis on drafting, development and some stuff he wasn’t willing to share yet.

They just hired 3 new development positions (2 of the hires were recent NHL players.. I feel like Nick or Jeff Schultz was one?)
and felt they wanted to load up this year if possible to have some good draft capital for their scouts.

Good time for them, they’ve been meddling with re-tool forever it seems like, much like Calgary. We’ll see how this bodes for them long term but exciting from an outside fan perspective, change was needed.

I could see those teams being interested. Ottawa and Buffalo could easily out-bid the leafs and Oilers in terms of prospects. It might force the oilers or leafs to attach a player like Holloway or Lilligren along with a draft pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 02:12 PM   #43
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Flyers are my other team (I know ). Nice to see management finally bite the bullet. If they’re going full rebuild, expect Hayes to be moved. With ownership willing to retain, it shouldn’t be too tough to move him.

As for Hart, he’s had some spells of very good hockey over the last three seasons. And people seem to be overlooking that he’s still only 24 - the age when most goalies break into the NHL - and he has over 200 games under his belt. He’s going to get a better return than the typical goalies dealt in the off-season shuffle.

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 06-06-2023 at 02:23 PM.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 02:18 PM   #44
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
has Paul Stanley ever won the Stanley cup?
Allan Stanley has.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 02:26 PM   #45
Reign of Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Whaaa? What is happening today. Conroy, work the phones, sell everyone

Also Pagnotta taking advantage of a travelling Friedman and breaking everything

12 13 14 2 34
Reign of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 02:28 PM   #46
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
The Flyers are my other team (I know ). Nice to see management finally bite the bullet. If they’re going full rebuild, expect Hayes to be moved. With ownership willing to retain, it shouldn’t be too tough to move him.

As for Hart, he’s had some spells of very good hockey over the last three seasons. And people seem to be overlooking that he’s still only 24 - the age when most goalies break into the NHL - and he has over 200 games under his belt. He’s going to get a better return than the typical goalies dealt in the off-season shuffle.
Hart is like the Hanifin of goalies…. Seems like he’s been around forever but only because they both started so early right into the NHL and both have a lot of years left of them.

Interesting transition for sure, Hart definitely has hard some hard years recently but they all seem to be confidence related, I’m sure he’s a prime bounce back candidate… much like we’re hoping Markstrom can be.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Royle9 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 02:57 PM   #47
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've always liked Carter Hart. It's a testament to his worth that he has a sv% over .900 on that team the last 2 years. Plus, he's still only 24-unbelievable. I would love to have him here, if only there was a way to jettison Markstrom.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 03:11 PM   #48
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I've always liked Carter Hart. It's a testament to his worth that he has a sv% over .900 on that team the last 2 years. Plus, he's still only 24-unbelievable. I would love to have him here, if only there was a way to jettison Markstrom.
Hart for Markstrom - E4
Old 06-06-2023, 03:13 PM   #49
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hart for Markstrom - E4
Good target, as the Flames get younger, cheaper and better.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 03:19 PM   #50
Sec214
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Hart for Markstrom - E4
NMC wants a word with you.
Old 06-06-2023, 03:32 PM   #51
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Goalies value is so hard to pinpoint. You have to figure Oilers would be into this hard, which sucks.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 03:35 PM   #52
gordo67
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post

Yeah I have the same issue, they were my team prior to Calgary getting a team. My dream SCF was so close in 04
gordo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 03:36 PM   #53
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tristan Jarry is an available UFA this summer too. He is basically a clone of Carter Hart, but 4 years older. I'm sure the Oilers will make a play for him, if they can't get Hart. TJ played for the Oil Kings in junior as well.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 03:36 PM   #54
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
Goalies value is so hard to pinpoint. You have to figure Oilers would be into this hard, which sucks.
Flyers just took on Cal Petersen. I doubt they take Campbell from Edmonton too.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 03:49 PM   #55
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
I think the Oilers targeting Hart is a good thing. This situation reminds me of the debate last summer if the Mike Smith LTIR situation was a good situation or a bad one. IMO it wasn't good for the Oilers. They signed Jack Campbell and made it even worse.

If they trade for Hart, it will cost 1 or more valuable assets. They already have a weak asset base. They might need to use an asset to get under the cap after Bouchard signs.

Hart can come in and be no better than Skinner. Only pro is they have 2 options and Hart could come in and be good. But I don't think the goaltending is the issue. IMO the issues are their entire defense is overrated. their depth at forward sucks and their best players don't play both ends of the ice. If they want to keep blaming the goalies for 2 more years, I'm good with it.

If they add Hart and Campbell does not go back to Philly I see a buy out. Buyout only helps them for 1 year and then Hart is an RFA and Campbell's buyout really starts to hurt them
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 04:23 PM   #56
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oilers don't have a first this year and their prospect cupboard is empty. What can they offer Philly for Hart? Or what can they offer any team to make it a 3 teams trade?
Old 06-06-2023, 04:26 PM   #57
DionTheDman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteowl View Post
Oilers don't have a first this year and their prospect cupboard is empty. What can they offer Philly for Hart? Or what can they offer any team to make it a 3 teams trade?
All you can eat prairie oysters and a gilded pair of oilers-themed sweatpants covered in cheeto dust.
DionTheDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 04:28 PM   #58
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Do it. A Wolf/Hart Combo playing for Love! Whynot?

Then we'd just need a winger named 'Who,' a Centre named 'What' and we'd be all set!

Hrudey and Ball would have a field day!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 04:28 PM   #59
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Oilers likely would have to include Holloway in any Hart move, and then would have to try and get rid of Soupy which won’t be easy to do. You’re right though, they’ve invested heavily in this core with not much coming up behind them… if they didn’t have the 2 best players right now they’d be in a world of hurt (still are)

Very hard for them to get better without losing one of their top guys.
Could Kane be expendable/garner interest? Hyman maybe?
Old 06-06-2023, 04:34 PM   #60
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Oilers likely would have to include Holloway in any Hart move, and then would have to try and get rid of Soupy which won’t be easy to do. You’re right though, they’ve invested heavily in this core with not much coming up behind them… if they didn’t have the 2 best players right now they’d be in a world of hurt (still are)

Very hard for them to get better without losing one of their top guys.
Could Kane be expendable/garner interest? Hyman maybe?
IMO they need to move 1 of the following:

Kane
Nuge
Hyman

IMO Hyman is the best of the 3 and they should keep him.

Nuge and Hyman have full NMC and I can see them wanting to stay

For me, they should just dump Kane. They need that cash on the blueline. Problem is they probably go over the cap and Kane contract isn't a big enough cap relief.

Kane and Yamamoto out could help, but then you are messing with a team that has very bad forward depth.

If Holloway goes for Hart, Bourgault might be a player but 30+ points in 60+ games in the AHL doesn't look like someone who is ready to make the leap this season. They need to just go with Skinner and Campbell and try to improve the D.
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote