Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2023, 03:30 PM   #8661
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Yeah, this isn't a good look.
This is two seperate sets of docs now.

Rules surrounding classification powers for VPs are quite unclear.

Safe bet is to probably have the FBI raid his properties, in a public show of force.
2Stonedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 03:34 PM   #8662
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup. If you don't see the difference between discovering and then notifying the appropriate channels of said discovery, then I don't know what to say. It's still bad that classified documents are seemingly being handled so irresponsibly, but actively hiding such documents and the full load not being discovered until a raid by the FBI is very different from this.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 03:38 PM   #8663
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Stonedbirds View Post

Safe bet is to probably have the FBI raid his properties, in a public show of force.
Currently Biden and his team are cooperating, so what's the sense in a raid? If he becomes uncooperative or Archives finds evidence they're withholding then of course there should be a raid.

What kind of moron would you have to be to disagree with that? It's not like Biden is my friend or some demi-god I blindly support as though I'm an unthinking fool. If he's fataing around with classified documents and intentionally withholding them from the proper chain then everything should be done to retrieve the documents.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 03:41 PM   #8664
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

First you'd have to follow the same procedure as Trump, if you want to really compare both sides. So Biden would have to ignore a subpoena before the raid. Here's some reading for you, since you clearly have some facts confused.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-cla...c1c5e227b1da53

Unrelated question, why are you carrying water for Trump?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2023, 03:43 PM   #8665
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Biden treated top secret documents incorrectly, he should be punished. There's still a huge if there. I don't see anything wrong with that statement at all.

Trump most certainly mistreated top secret documents. He should also be punished. I personally think that he is most deserving of the punishment codified for the treason he committed.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 03:45 PM   #8666
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Currently Biden and his team are cooperating, so what's the sense in a raid? If he becomes uncooperative or Archives finds evidence they're withholding then of course there should be a raid.

What kind of moron would you have to be to disagree with that? It's not like Biden is my friend. If he's fataing around with classified documents and intentionally withholding them from the proper chain then everything should be done to retrieve the documents.
The Penn Biden Center didn't open until 2018, so these docs have been moved.
So they've been improperly stored and/or forgotten about, found, then moved at least once, then found and "intentions are pure in doing the right thing".

As Biden said in his 60 Minutes interview re Trump hoarding TS docs, it's totally irresponsible and dangerous.

Rules around VPs even possessing such docs are muddied, so yeah this is a bad look.
Old 01-11-2023, 03:47 PM   #8667
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
The staff of one president has actively looked for these things and contacted the National Archive themselves when they found some. The other president repeatedly ignored the National Archive's requests to turn everything over and kept them in his holiday ressort because he felt they belonged to him.

so obviously, both sides bla bla bla.
It doesn't have to be "Trump bad" to still be considered bad. You guys know that, right?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2023, 03:47 PM   #8668
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:
Icon45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
First you'd have to follow the same procedure as Trump, if you want to really compare both sides. So Biden would have to ignore a subpoena before the raid. Here's some reading for you, since you clearly have some facts confused.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-cla...c1c5e227b1da53

Unrelated question, why are you carrying water for Trump?
When did you stop beating your wife?

Christ, man.

If Trump ####ed up, he should bear the repercussions. But this isn't about Trump now is it?

Insufferable.
Old 01-11-2023, 03:51 PM   #8669
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
When did you stop beating your wife?

Christ, man.

If Trump ####ed up, he should bear the repercussions. But this isn't about Trump now is it?

Insufferable.
Why are you comparing the two as if there is some equivalency? The only similarity is that they both had classified documents that should have been turned over. Everything else about how they handled it was different.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2023, 03:51 PM   #8670
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It doesn't have to be "Trump bad" to still be considered bad. You guys know that, right?
oh, I don't deny that this is bad. Just pointing out there's obvious differences in how the two sides have handled this. Not that that's going to matter in the public discourse, obviously. Idiots like Hawley are already having a field day with this and I have no doubt that both incidents will be painted with a similar brush going forward.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2023, 03:52 PM   #8671
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Here's the dead giveaway, if anyone is wondering...
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2023, 03:53 PM   #8672
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
The Penn Biden Center didn't open until 2018, so these docs have been moved.
So they've been improperly stored and/or forgotten about, found, then moved at least once, then found and "intentions are pure in doing the right thing".

As Biden said in his 60 Minutes interview re Trump hoarding TS docs, it's totally irresponsible and dangerous.

Rules around VPs even possessing such docs are muddied, so yeah this is a bad look.
Correct, it's a bad look. And you're not wrong for introducing it into the thread. I imagine some Democrats will support him no matter what, but I think you may be surprised that what most of us left leaners expected out of Trump we will also expect out of Biden. Those expectations are operating in good faith and cooperating with the government to ensure the security of documents. Trump failed there. So far Biden seems to be cooperating exactly how you'd expect.

I think it's a bit early to be calling for an FBI raid, though. Were you just looking for some retaliation for the raid on Trump in spite of the different set of circumstances?
Old 01-11-2023, 03:55 PM   #8673
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
oh, I don't deny that this is bad. Just pointing out there's obvious differences in how the two sides have handled this. Not that that's going to matter in the public discourse, obviously. Idiots like Hawley are already having a field day with this and I have no doubt that both incidents will be painted with a similar brush going forward.
Oh 100%. The right loves to play false equivalence with this stuff. That said, it makes liberals look like partisan hacks when they play the "Yeah, but Trump was worse" card.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2023, 03:58 PM   #8674
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Oh 100%. The right loves to play false equivalence with this stuff. That said, it makes liberals look like partisan hacks when they play the "Yeah, but Trump was worse" card.
I kinda feel like we're all saying if he did something bad he should face the consequences. Why the #### would we try to defend a politician from another country if he broke that country's rules lol?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2023, 03:59 PM   #8675
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Correct, it's a bad look. And you're not wrong for introducing it into the thread. I imagine some Democrats will support him no matter what, but I think you may be surprised that what most of us left leaners expected out of Trump we will also expect out of Biden. Those expectations are operating in good faith and cooperating with the government to ensure the security of documents. Trump failed there. So far Biden seems to be cooperating exactly how you'd expect.

I think it's a bit early to be calling for an FBI raid, though. Were you just looking for some retaliation for the raid on Trump in spite of the different set of circumstances?
Sarcastic jokes are easily missed online.

The real interesting part here would be proving good faith since they have been moved, and it's unclear if he should even have them in the first place.
Not sure how good faith excuses any of this regardless.
Old 01-11-2023, 04:00 PM   #8676
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I kinda feel like we're all saying if he did something bad he should face the consequences. Why the #### would we try to defend a politician from another country if he broke that country's rules lol?
The first post I quoted went straight to the "Whatabout Trump" well, but devo clarified in a subsequent post.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2023, 04:02 PM   #8677
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1613283488416911365
Old 01-11-2023, 04:13 PM   #8678
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Sarcastic jokes are easily missed online.

The real interesting part here would be proving good faith since they have been moved, and it's unclear if he should even have them in the first place.
Not sure how good faith excuses any of this regardless.
Ah fair enough. American politics are endlessly interesting, that's for sure. This'll be a fun one to keep an eye on. I'm guessing it won't amount to much or anything nefarious, but hopefully eventually we get full clarity on it.
Old 01-11-2023, 04:36 PM   #8679
Delthefunky
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
That kind of theater is exactly what's wrong with journalism these days.
Delthefunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delthefunky For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2023, 04:57 PM   #8680
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Ah fair enough. American politics are endlessly interesting, that's for sure. This'll be a fun one to keep an eye on. I'm guessing it won't amount to much or anything nefarious, but hopefully eventually we get full clarity on it.
I'm guessing regardless of any wrongdoing or otherwise, a big show will be made for maybe a week or so, then some celebrity will go on Alex Jones and say some crazy #### or something.

-the news cycle has been cleansed-
The Following User Says Thank You to 2Stonedbirds For This Useful Post: