Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-16-2018, 09:20 AM   #1
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Looking for PHP and SQL help

I have a fantasy league forum site running on phpbb with a SQL db on the backend. Currently have issues with the site as it's throwing up SQL errors and preventing people from logging in.

I'm running on an older version of phpbb and would like to upgrade to the latest version. I'd want to move the database over to the new forum site so we can retain history.

My php and SQL skills aren't overly strong therefore I'd like someone to take this on for me. In return I'd cover your cost for the league for the coming season.

Thanks.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:58 PM   #2
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Did anything change? Or did the errors just start coming up? The error I see looks like a permissions error, like the user/password combo used by phpbb doesn't have write access to the database, but since it used to work that's unlikely the case.

Looks like you're on GoDaddy, what's the limit for database size for your plan? If you log into whatever control panel you have access to it should tell you if you're at or over your space limit, that'd be the most likely cause if this just spontaneously started without any other changes being made.

Could also be an actual problem with the database, you'd have to try logging into just the database using whatever tool in the admin area on GoDaddy uses (probably phpMyAdmin) with the username and password from the config.php file, and if you can't even access it that way then it might be the database itself, in which case you might have to contact support.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:14 PM   #3
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks. The googling I did pointed me that way too, it’s good to have that confirmed. Everything was fine Friday then not on Saturday. Nothing changed from my side.

On the weekend I was able to access the DB so all good there. Today after more googling I went through the tables and discovered the...user session table I think it’s called was gigantic (it was over a gig!). I truncated it and the DB is now 10% of what it was. Still can’t access things and getting the error but I put in another support ticket and am hoping they open up access if they previously locked it.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice

Last edited by FurnaceFace; 07-16-2018 at 06:17 PM.
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FurnaceFace For This Useful Post: