Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #41
jeffporfirio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

We just replaced our old blinds with Hunter Douglas from Costco, but had a rep come out and measure / price.
jeffporfirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:12 AM   #42
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

I funded a Kickstarter a while back you might find interesting:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...curtains-smart

It's a simple little attachment for your existing curtains and rod that I'm pretty excited about.
It's not available right yet, but they're getting close.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:09 PM   #43
Cerebral
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
I'm actually in the market for blinds as well, mainly cellular shades. Here's our research:

We got a quote from Hunter Douglas through Costco...costs an arm and a leg for each blind. No thanks.

Next we got a couple quotes from independent third party retailers, Calgary Blinds and Shutters and WinDecor. Both were fairly reasonable, had very good reviews on Google. Cost a couple thousand less than HD.

Then we priced it out DIY method using various online stores, Costco Bali , Lowes Bali, and Blinds.ca. They all have some price and then a 24/7 sale that reduces the price to an average that all three of them share. For example: Costco $410 regular price, Lowes $405 on sale price, Blinds.ca $390 on sale price (this is all on Bali brand).

Our decision is to go with DIY method using Costco Bali blinds (mainly because we trust Costco the most).
Did Costco have an option to install Bali blinds or is it all DIY? We're going to have a lot of work to do around the house once it's rebuilt, so I'm leaning towards having someone else install them.

I think our plan is to get a quote from Costco and another store or two on HD, a quote from Lowes on Bali, and then possibly a few other cheaper options.
Cerebral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:11 PM   #44
jeffporfirio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
Did Costco have an option to install Bali blinds or is it all DIY? We're going to have a lot of work to do around the house once it's rebuilt, so I'm leaning towards having someone else install them.

I think our plan is to get a quote from Costco and another store or two on HD, a quote from Lowes on Bali, and then possibly a few other cheaper options.
They do. You can request a visit from a rep online.
jeffporfirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #45
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffporfirio View Post
They do. You can request a visit from a rep online.
Cool, thanks. I just requested a rep to call. We're looking for some motorization options.

What I'm thinking the coolest would be is blackout blinds in my bedroom shifting to translucent automatically in the morning instead of my alarm clock. That'd be sick.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:37 PM   #46
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Cool, thanks. I just requested a rep to call. We're looking for some motorization options.

What I'm thinking the coolest would be is blackout blinds in my bedroom shifting to translucent automatically in the morning instead of my alarm clock. That'd be sick.
What about using a Phillips hue smart light bulbs programmed to the sleep cycle app? It's also set to have the light incrementally increase to gently wake me up.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:53 PM   #47
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
What about using a Phillips hue smart light bulbs programmed to the sleep cycle app? It's also set to have the light incrementally increase to gently wake me up.
Yeah, that's a thought. I have quite a few hue lights and I love them. In my room, though, I'm thinking the sun coming in would be cool and I need new blinds, anyway.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:10 PM   #48
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Yeah, that's a thought. I have quite a few hue lights and I love them. In my room, though, I'm thinking the sun coming in would be cool and I need new blinds, anyway.
Why not both?

Motorized blinds from blackout to opaque would be pretty cool though.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote