Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2020, 07:33 PM   #501
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow...that's a rather pathetic suspension for the action
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:37 PM   #502
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Choke by the nhl. Or is it a joke?

Probably both.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:38 PM   #503
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh why did I read the twitter responses...why
‘Tkachuk s head shot on Kassian was far worse..’
Oilers hate tax etc
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:39 PM   #504
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have the kool aid crew up north now conceded that he made contact? Unbelievable how they carried that torch for a millisecond up there last night, let alone through to today until the video of the blue line cam got released.

7 is light.

Even if we are being very conservative, that light kick should automatically be close to 5 games as a first offence. To tack on just 2 games given the rap sheet on Kassian over the years, nevermind the last 4 weeks, when it’s clear suspensions aren’t a deterrent, is a joke.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:44 PM   #505
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob View Post
Oilers hate tax etc
Dear Oilers fans, everyone hates you, not just the NHL, even god hates you, that's why he gave you second rate water.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:16 PM   #506
Redrum
First Line Centre

Exp:

Even the explanation sounds like it was being read by an Oiler shill. They spend more time defending him then talking about the fact that he KICKED A GUY WITH A F***ING SKATE. When they say it wasn't malicious, it isn't necessarily better. It means he's too stupid to know the difference between right and wrong. "Hmm I'm not tangled up at all, and I could easily get up on my own, but I'll just use this knife on my foot to push off his chest to get to my feet a half a second faster." I dunno but there's way too big a chance that this will end badly for Kassian and even worse for some player that was just "in the way".
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:17 PM   #507
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveSeven View Post
7 makes sense. Incredibly stupid and wrong but at the end of the day its probably the lightest kick I've ever seen.
I'd have to see more angles to determine if it was the lightest kick I've seen.
the2bears is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the2bears For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2020, 08:25 PM   #508
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

While I don’t think he kicked him hard. You kick a guy with your skate and you have an exceptionally long history of discipline, you deserve a harsh sentence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:34 PM   #509
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Almost as bad the the brain dead crap Kassian keeps pulling is the oil suck up media defending him. #### that franchise I wish them 1000 years of misery they've earned it.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:41 PM   #510
Yobbo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Kassian, is a straight up clown.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:42 PM   #511
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

The best part of all this was Kass was pushed as the hero and Tkachuk was the villian. All the virtue signallers resulted in hero Kassian getting a mammoth contract that suddenly looks really bad.

The root cause of this mess? Tkachuk. Tkatchuk has pulled off one of the greatest troll jobs in Oilers history (outside of Oilers management).
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:46 PM   #512
Yobbo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
The best part of all this was Kass was pushed as the hero and Tkachuk was the villian. All the virtue signallers resulted in hero Kassian getting a mammoth contract that suddenly looks really bad.

The root cause of this mess? Tkachuk. Tkatchuk has pulled off one of the greatest troll jobs in Oilers history (outside of Oilers management).
Good way to look at it.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yobbo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2020, 09:26 PM   #513
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope for once the NHLPA appeals...and asks for more games. It's about bloody time they start taking player safety seriously, and prioritize the long-term ability of their player to earn a living over short-term paycheques.

I think part of the problem was the light suspension for horse-collating and repeatedly sucker-punching an opponent with no opportunity to engage/defend themselves...if you roll the videos side by side, it would be hard to judge the kick as exponentially worse (both events had pretty similar odds of catastrophe, which is low, but totally unnecessary). DOPS would kind of have to admit that they screwed up the first spin of the justice wheel.

Already forget who it was, but the LA King who punched Backlund in the face twice, right in front of the referee, should have gotten 2 games (1 for each punch). This crap should be so easy to take out of the game. Consensual fights and violent collisions have their place, and are integral to the game. This other crap is unnecessary and stupid.

Life gets real fast, as we saw with Bouwmeester. Frankly, it's surprising (dumb luck IMO) that Steve Moore is the only catastrophic event like this in [relatively] recent memory. But there have been a lot of close calls. The NHL could easily take this BS out of the game without neutering the intensity. The NHLPA should be equally ashamed of themselves.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:38 PM   #514
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

I hate the whole "no one was hurt argument". Does we need to see blood spraying all over the ice (or worse yet, someone actually die) before the NHL will hand down some serious discipline?
shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:43 PM   #515
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

It doesn't matter how hard it was. I once had a guy's skate come up and tap me in the face in the midst of a battle in front of the net. Long story short we tumble to the ice and His skate just touched my face. Barely. Split me open 2 lines on my cheek and 2 lines on my forehead. Could have easily been my eye and I barely felt the skate. Kung Fu Kassian is out of control.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:44 PM   #516
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
I hate the whole "no one was hurt argument". Does we need to see blood spraying all over the ice (or worse yet, someone actually die) before the NHL will hand down some serious discipline?
Ask Jokinen and Zednik about freak accidents. Kassian is increasing the odds.

Or Malarchuk.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank MetaMusil For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2020, 09:49 PM   #517
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m almost glad the sentence was too light. Now the whole hockey world thinks Kassian and the Oilers got an undeserved break, instead of more cries of martyrdom from up north.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:55 PM   #518
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I’m almost glad the sentence was too light. Now the whole hockey world thinks Kassian and the Oilers got an undeserved break, instead of more cries of martyrdom from up north.
This is true. You know Tkachuk is smiling in his sleep. Not just for a minute, but the whole sleep with a nice little sleep in.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:59 PM   #519
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphusk View Post
This is true. You know Tkachuk is smiling in his sleep. Not just for a minute, but the whole sleep with a nice little sleep in.
Though I haven’t looked at HF since the result came and I’m sure the Oiler fans will be complaining anyway.

ETA: JUst looked and they are generally gloating while everyone else is rightly saying it’s light.

Last edited by GioforPM; 02-14-2020 at 10:11 PM.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:31 PM   #520
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
Trying to break Happy's record.
Suspended?!

Doug, kick him off the tour.
Bourque's Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bourque's Twin For This Useful Post: