Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-19-2020, 11:26 AM   #101
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think you can ask any Oiler fan and they will tell you the shine has come off Neal after that October. His only value right now is being injured so they can recoup some of that cap space.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:34 AM   #102
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is no doubt that the Oilers won the trade player for player. Still I think that Lucic is an improvement on 'Last year Neal' in just about everyway. Both teams got better, however, I think the Oilers got better in a more tangible way, for now. It is difficult to project how good thing deal will look in 3 years.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:53 AM   #103
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
There is no doubt that the Oilers won the trade player for player. Still I think that Lucic is an improvement on 'Last year Neal' in just about everyway. Both teams got better, however, I think the Oilers got better in a more tangible way, for now. It is difficult to project how good thing deal will look in 3 years.
I disagree on the first sentence. I definitely agree on the last one.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:58 AM   #104
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I don't think this has anything at all to do with James Neal. The biggest improvement to the Oilers by far was the addition of Dave Tippett behind the bench. They are playing a structured game for the first time since Todd McLellan had them buying in in 2016. The question is how long it will last, though. I am betting that old habits will creep back in with that group by next season, and they will be wallowing in the League basement once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 12:00 PM   #105
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I don't think this has anything at all to do with James Neal. The biggest improvement to the Oilers by far was the addition of Dave Tippett behind the bench. They are playing a structured game for the first time since Todd McLellan had them buying in in 2016. The question is how long it will last, though. I am betting that old habits will creep back in with that group by next season, and they will be wallowing in the League basement once again.
As usual with them, it comes down to goaltending. Smith hasn't been terrible and Koskinen has been better than last year. The last time they made the POs it was because Talbot was great.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote