zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2020, 10:33 PM   #62
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

"That's his ####pig."

Amazing.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2020, 02:48 PM   #63
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I didn't mind Ep5, I really like the direction stormfront is going, in retrospect her name is a little on the nose.

Spoiler!
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:22 PM   #64
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quite enjoyed episode 5. Episode 4 was the weakest for me so far.

The stormfront stuff is getting a little over the top though. Would be better if they played it a little subtler.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:25 PM   #65
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Quite enjoyed episode 5. Episode 4 was the weakest for me so far.

The stormfront stuff is getting a little over the top though. Would be better if they played it a little subtler.
I think a lot like season 1 Homelander, the overtness of Stormfront is built up in opposition to Starlight, who lacks confience in her abilities (which is a bit over played at this point too). But like in season 1 this is all probably building to a show of force from Starlight in the last episode against expectations, Stormfront being over the top will act as a foil for starlight if I'm right.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 05:31 PM   #66
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

I like the way they've approached the Stormfront change. Keeps the character's general personality the same, but changes why and how... and gender.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:46 AM   #67
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

New fan theory I read about Stormfront:

Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2020, 04:47 PM   #68
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
New fan theory I read about Stormfront:

Spoiler!
I thought it was the easiest way to get the flat redecorated!

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:07 PM   #69
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Loved this week's episode. Lots of back story to fill some gaps. Crazy new sups. Excellent progression on the story to lead up to the final couple episodes.

I'm wondering if adding Golden Girls to Prime had anything to do with this episode. There doesn't seem to be a lot of demographic crossover between the two series (I love me some Golden Girls though).
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:00 AM   #70
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Loved this week's episode. Lots of back story to fill some gaps. Crazy new sups. Excellent progression on the story to lead up to the final couple episodes.

I'm wondering if adding Golden Girls to Prime had anything to do with this episode. There doesn't seem to be a lot of demographic crossover between the two series (I love me some Golden Girls though).
Who doesn't love the Golden Girls?

Although it was kind of odd that Frenchie considered himself Betty White and not Estelle Getty. Sophia was the gem of the show.

I agree it was a great episode. I really liked Lamplighter.

Spoiler!

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2020, 09:49 AM   #71
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Have to agree that episode 6 was great.

They've really got the pacing back on track, after what I thought was a slow episode 4.

The superpower testing facility was a great idea, but wow some of this powers would be awful to have. That was obviously the point, with some people just turning into "freaks".

I felt like they really focused on Homelander's uniform and the American symbolism on it while he was being converted to Nazism. That was also done really well. Generally they've done a great job with Homelander's character.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:29 PM   #72
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
I thought EP5 was mostly terrible.
S2 has been a real letdown after the greatness that was S1
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 11:46 PM   #73
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess the moral of this is that....Never rule out the Nazis?

When do they inject some Compound V into Indiana Jones? Lets just do this!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:42 AM   #74
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

One thing thats been bothering me.

Did Stormfront's daughter have superpowers?

I take it babies injected with V grow old and die. But adults don't?

If thats true, then these super terrorists (super villains) are at an advantage over the super heros (Vought army).

Could Homelander's kid have been injected with V rather than powers being passed genetically?

If Stormfront can have a kid, how many others are out there? Whats the story behind "sups can't have kids" when they knew that to be false?

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:29 AM   #75
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
One thing thats been bothering me.

Did Stormfront's daughter have superpowers?

I take it babies injected with V grow old and die. But adults don't?

If thats true, then these super terrorists (super villains) are at an advantage over the super heros (Vought army).

Could Homelander's kid have been injected with V rather than powers being passed genetically?

If Stormfront can have a kid, how many others are out there? Whats the story behind "sups can't have kids" when they knew that to be false?
Unless she had the child before the injection? And perhaps prolonged life is one of her powers?

Lots of questions. I would imagine they dive into the history and science of it, and we have quite a few reveals over the course of the series.

This season has felt like a lot of set up and tension building as opposed to the rollercoaster first season. They realize the show has legs and have settled in for the long game. Still loving it.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:36 PM   #76
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some wild stuff in the last few episodes. Doppleganger and the whole f'ed up nature of that situation, including becoming Homelander humself *shudder*. I suspected when I first saw her back that it was a shapeshifter. Stormfront getting all turned on by being burnt up was pretty nasty. I see them building a pretty significant resistance group with Lamplighter and A-Train potentially joining up, and likely the crazy telekinetic from the prison. Kinda bummed the whole Homelander mass-murder sequence was just a mental flash for himself, although something like that is bound to happen soon I would think.

Enjoyed the obviously purposeful casting of Ashmore as Lamplighter to contrast him as Iceman in the XMen series.

Last edited by Coach; 09-26-2020 at 02:42 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:53 PM   #77
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
S2 has been a real letdown after the greatness that was S1
E6 went a long way to redeeming the season.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:07 PM   #78
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else feeling like Frenchie is stealing the show?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2020, 02:03 PM   #79
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I felt like they really focused on Homelander's uniform and the American symbolism on it while he was being converted to Nazism. That was also done really well. Generally they've done a great job with Homelander's character.
I don't think this is what's really happening. Stormfront fulfills his need for emotional/sexual/oedipal attachment the way Stillwell did, but Homelander's true allegiance is to Homelander only. I'm fairly certain that Stormfront is going to discover that she can only manipulate him so far before she crosses a line and finds herself in many different pieces.

at least that's the only resolution to her arc that I can see, given that if they become permanent allies then the rest of the world is just completely screwed. nobody else can even come close to scratching either of them, unless that telekinetic girl's got another level of explodey in her. heck I don't even know why Female's brother didn't try to use his force crush on her...he had sufficient power to flip a large boat, that should have been enough to do some bodily damage to even a high level supe.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 02:14 PM   #80
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
I don't think this is what's really happening. Stormfront fulfills his need for emotional/sexual/oedipal attachment the way Stillwell did, but Homelander's true allegiance is to Homelander only. I'm fairly certain that Stormfront is going to discover that she can only manipulate him so far before she crosses a line and finds herself in many different pieces.
That wouldn't be bad. He keeps going more right-wing and his polling numbers stay up until he goes too far with her advice (or it gets out that Stormfront is full blown nazi) and his numbers collapse? I could see that causing issue while making social commentary (right-wing keeps getting more and more nazi-like while still (mostly) not being okay with the actual swastika).
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote