Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-08-2018, 02:03 PM   #21
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

To backup what Cali said.

I went to the doctor three times over a couple weeks.

The first couple of days that made me go to the doctor were brutally painful. Massive amounts of swelling right by the ear but more towards the front of the face, below the temple and behind the cheekbone.

My ears looked fine all times. He said it was viral on the first visit, but we decided antibiotics to be sure.

For me this started in mid-october. I still don't have full hearing in the affected ear.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #22
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

If its been 2 months and still ongoing, its probably time to get a referral to ENT.
NuclearFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:57 PM   #23
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
To backup what Cali said.

I went to the doctor three times over a couple weeks.

The first couple of days that made me go to the doctor were brutally painful. Massive amounts of swelling right by the ear but more towards the front of the face, below the temple and behind the cheekbone.

My ears looked fine all times. He said it was viral on the first visit, but we decided antibiotics to be sure.

For me this started in mid-october. I still don't have full hearing in the affected ear.

Yeah get a referral to an ENT, your doctor sounds like he/she is guessing.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:30 PM   #24
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

If you haven't tried yet, maybe try a standard antihistamine. Lots of ear pain isn't from infection, but pressure. The antihistamine can decrease the pressure. Works really well for kids.

Just make sure to see a physician if the pain last longer than a day.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:14 PM   #25
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thing is I haven’t had any ear pain really — just plugged and ringing. I was having kind of throbbing headaches in the sinus / behind the eye but those have gone away.

I went to the doctor again and he said he didn’t see any infection. My general cold symptoms have continued to improve. If I lay back and really work my jaw I can kid if unclog my ear, I can hear stuff rattling around in there. It’s weird.

I got one of those sinus rinse kits and cleared out a bunch of gunk from the right side (the bad side) and have felt a bit better since then.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:33 PM   #26
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate those rinse kits they feel so weird but help a lot with my post nasal drip
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:53 AM   #27
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Thing is I haven’t had any ear pain really — just plugged and ringing. I was having kind of throbbing headaches in the sinus / behind the eye but those have gone away.

I went to the doctor again and he said he didn’t see any infection. My general cold symptoms have continued to improve. If I lay back and really work my jaw I can kid if unclog my ear, I can hear stuff rattling around in there. It’s weird.

I got one of those sinus rinse kits and cleared out a bunch of gunk from the right side (the bad side) and have felt a bit better since then.
Sounds more like a sinus infection that is spreading into the ear than an ear infection. Did the doctor give you pills or just the drops? The ear drops won't help your sinuses. Make sure the doctor knows about the symptoms around your eyes and nose.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote