Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2018, 08:27 PM   #2521
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Yep, the Eagles weren't making noise this year with the secondary in the condition that it is, so Dallas winning the division is the next best thing for everyone else in the NFC East.
What about the offense in the state it's in? Every team has injuries and while the Eagles have quite a few they're also being bounced out of the leagues most laughable division.
That doesn happen to good teams with top end QBs
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:44 PM   #2522
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's funny that the anti Chiefs-Rams game of the year also features the Rams. Could easily see four INTs each with how much time is left.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:57 PM   #2523
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah. Both QBs are really blowing this. If either one was having even a QB managing type game with no turnovers this could have been over by half
Old 12-09-2018, 09:01 PM   #2524
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gurley fantasy owners must be losing their #### watching this game, only 10 carries is absurd.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #2525
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
What about the offense in the state it's in? Every team has injuries and while the Eagles have quite a few they're also being bounced out of the leagues most laughable division.
That doesn happen to good teams with top end QBs
They're a bad team with an underperforming QB. Thought I already said this?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #2526
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They're a bad team with an underperforming QB. Thought I already said this?
All I've read is how the Cowboys were lucky that the Eagles were so hurt, but I see a pretty healthy offense sputtering behind some pretty questionable play calls.

Seems Pederson is trying too hard
Old 12-09-2018, 10:41 PM   #2527
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Gurley fantasy owners must be losing their #### watching this game, only 10 carries is absurd.

During fantasy playoffs no doubt
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:48 AM   #2528
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
That Cooper trade we thought was dumb for a 3-4 team to make has been amazing.
Cooper is a good receiver and still only 24 years old. Highly likely they don't find a receiver as good as him in this draft so it was a good trade for the Cowboys. That said Cooper is clearly playing harder for the Cowboys than he was for the Raiders. He's going to get a big deal from Jerry and the question will be how long before he loses his desire again as I don't think he's a guy that loves football.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:42 AM   #2529
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
All I've read is how the Cowboys were lucky that the Eagles were so hurt, but I see a pretty healthy offense sputtering behind some pretty questionable play calls.

Seems Pederson is trying too hard
Quote:
The defense I can kind of excuse because they've been absolutely decimated by injuries, but the offense has no excuse. Pederson's play-calling has been trash, the offensive line isn't holding up, and Wentz is either not all the way back or he's regressed badly.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:48 AM   #2530
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The craziest thing about watching Mahomes is his mechanics (and his footwork specifically) still have room to improve. So just imagine when he adds consistency to that part of the game to these throws that still don't really make sense

https://twitter.com/user/status/1072179547267837954
Old 12-10-2018, 11:07 AM   #2531
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Raiders have fired Reggie McKenzie...Rappaport.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:10 AM   #2532
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Cooper is a good receiver and still only 24 years old. Highly likely they don't find a receiver as good as him in this draft so it was a good trade for the Cowboys. That said Cooper is clearly playing harder for the Cowboys than he was for the Raiders. He's going to get a big deal from Jerry and the question will be how long before he loses his desire again as I don't think he's a guy that loves football.
A big drop is coming in a playoff game
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:25 AM   #2533
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Raiders have fired Reggie McKenzie...Rappaport.
I am seeing media people talk up how reggie inherited a horrible situation and did amazing with it, which is half true, the teams cap was a mess and there was very little talent

That being said, the cap issue wasnt a hard one to fix, he gutted the team, and they sucked. If he had done so while staying competitive i get the praise, but its like praising a gm for finishing last on a year they wanted to tank

Im happy hes gone now though, which he already was essentially as gruden has personal move authority and will bring in his guy, and the first draft gruden ran has been our best in a while, hurst is going to be able to anchor a d line, hall and key are both raw but will be good pass rushers, and the tackles are improving every week and were both again raw guys. Nick Nelson missed first half of the year recovering from injury waa caused his draft drop, and will go into next season a starter at slot corner, and ateman is building a bit of trust with carr, may have something there.

My point being, to already have that many contributers from a draft is a great year for any team, for the raiders its a miracle

The reason the team has no depth, or very little youth in their mid 20s contributing is because of how bad reggie drafted, outside the one year he crushed it with mack, carr, and gabe jackson, here are the top 4 picks in his 5 drafts.

Gareon Conley
Obi Melifonwu
Eddie Vanderdoes
David Sharpe

Karl Joseph
Jihad Ward
Shaq calhoun
Connor cook

Amari cooper
Mario edwards
Clive walford
Jon feliciano

Khalil mack
Derek carr
Gabe jackson
Justin ellis

Dj hayden
Menelik watson
Sio moore
Tyler wilson

Thats a horrible return, and justification for being fired years ago, so all the media today is going to praise reggie and rip the raiders, i wish some of em would look at what reggie actually failed to do.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:37 AM   #2534
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not that I'm coming to defend McKenzie, but Gruden's track record in Tampa is very ugly too. If he brings Bruce Allen over from the Redskins, I'd probably just switch loyalties if I was a Raider fan. Future would be remarkably bleak at that point.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:40 AM   #2535
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Steelers loss opens up the miracle scenario

https://twitter.com/user/status/1071927479793782784
I Still Believe!!

Quote:
08-29-2018, 11:28 AM Weitz

I'm putting $20 on the Browns winning their division. This is their year.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #2536
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
I am seeing media people talk up how reggie inherited a horrible situation and did amazing with it, which is half true, the teams cap was a mess and there was very little talent

That being said, the cap issue wasnt a hard one to fix, he gutted the team, and they sucked. If he had done so while staying competitive i get the praise, but its like praising a gm for finishing last on a year they wanted to tank

Im happy hes gone now though, which he already was essentially as gruden has personal move authority and will bring in his guy, and the first draft gruden ran has been our best in a while, hurst is going to be able to anchor a d line, hall and key are both raw but will be good pass rushers, and the tackles are improving every week and were both again raw guys. Nick Nelson missed first half of the year recovering from injury waa caused his draft drop, and will go into next season a starter at slot corner, and ateman is building a bit of trust with carr, may have something there.

My point being, to already have that many contributers from a draft is a great year for any team, for the raiders its a miracle

The reason the team has no depth, or very little youth in their mid 20s contributing is because of how bad reggie drafted, outside the one year he crushed it with mack, carr, and gabe jackson, here are the top 4 picks in his 5 drafts.

Gareon Conley
Obi Melifonwu
Eddie Vanderdoes
David Sharpe

Karl Joseph
Jihad Ward
Shaq calhoun
Connor cook

Amari cooper
Mario edwards
Clive walford
Jon feliciano

Khalil mack
Derek carr
Gabe jackson
Justin ellis

Dj hayden
Menelik watson
Sio moore
Tyler wilson

Thats a horrible return, and justification for being fired years ago, so all the media today is going to praise reggie and rip the raiders, i wish some of em would look at what reggie actually failed to do.
I think his drafting has been about league average or slightly better. Guys like Watson, Hayden, Ward are still in the NFL. Denico Autry is having a decent season for the Colts with 8 sacks. Reggie also had a bit of bad luck with the injury bug as some of the guys like Vanderdoes, Oibi, and MEJr could never get on the field. You could look at a lot of GM's over that time in the NFL and see less players still playing in the league to show for their drafts. That said there's no doubt there wasn't a lot of magic with his last few drafts and the hope is that the next GM can make better use of 2nd round picks which is where Reggie missed a lot.

I really don't think Gruden's first draft was all that great. Miller looks like he could be a good LT but none of the pass rushers he picked can actually rush the passer. Verdict is still out on this draft but to me it looks average at best.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 12-10-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:28 PM   #2537
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I think his drafting has been about league average or slightly better. Guys like Watson, Hayden, Ward are still in the NFL. Denico Autry is having a decent season for the Colts with 8 sacks. Reggie also had a bit of bad luck with the injury bug as some of the guys like Vanderdoes, Oibi, and MEJr could never get on the field. You could look at a lot of GM's over that time in the NFL and see less players still playing in the league to show for their drafts. That said there's no doubt there wasn't a lot of magic with his last few drafts and the hope is that the next GM can make better use of 2nd round picks which is where Reggie missed a lot.

I really don't think Gruden's first draft was all that great. Miller looks like he could be a good LT but none of the pass rushers he picked can actually rush the passer. Verdict is still out on this draft but to me it looks average at best.
A lot of those are high picks and if they are playing are league average or below, including the first rounders

For this yeara, hurst is i think near the top of rookie dl rankings, and key and hall have been inconsistent but like i said were super raw, they wont be pro bowlers per say, but i think at the very least are very good rotation defensive lineman

This draft is big, yesterdays win hurt things but i think we are in a very good spot at 1 or 2

Bosa is a clear number 1, but after that anywhere in the top 10 theres going to be available defensive difference makers at dl (williams, oliver, gary) lb (white, allen, bush) or cb (greedy or baker)

Either take bosa, or if theres a huge offer, someone is going to want to move up for herbert or haskins (who is getting a ton of love as potential 1-1 on espn)

Like clay said the drafting in tampa wasnt awesome, but i trust the unknown over the known im reggie. It will be an enviable position too, moving to vegas, plenty of cap space, and as of right now 4 picks in the top 34, plus 2 1sts next year
Old 12-10-2018, 06:19 PM   #2538
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

My god those Seahawks color rush jerseys are horrible!
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:28 PM   #2539
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Love the Seattle uni's.

Go Hawks!!
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:09 PM   #2540
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I never like the weird neon uni's. Anyway, so far Seattle being really dumb with penalties.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote