Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2018, 08:37 AM   #481
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
So the FB marketplace looks cool, but how do I expand my searches beyond 100km of Calgary or some city?

I would like to browse provincially or nationally for items. If a good enough deal is there, I would arrange something.
Guess I have a lot to learn about FB Marketplace. So far it looks completely useless, things just show up seemingly at random, no prices shown, no information etc. Obviously there is more to it than that but right now it seems pretty awkward to use.
Lubicon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:07 AM   #482
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Guess I have a lot to learn about FB Marketplace. So far it looks completely useless, things just show up seemingly at random, no prices shown, no information etc. Obviously there is more to it than that but right now it seems pretty awkward to use.

The prices are shown in the thumbnails of the items for sale. I have no idea how this will work though in the future. I don't want to be forever hassled to be friend with these people that you buy/sell items to.

I think from a buyer's perspective it is clunky and awkward to use. Maybe selling is what makes it superior to Kijiji.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:35 PM   #483
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I sent a person a message about an item, and I don't receive a reply, so I check back later and the item is gone. How about at least doing the common courtesy of replying to my message to let me know you sold it while you are busy deleting the listing?

On that note... anyone have a 240v 4800W(or more, up to 40A, 9600W) electric heater sitting around they'd like to offload for ~$40(going rate, it seems)?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:07 PM   #484
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I sent a person a message about an item, and I don't receive a reply, so I check back later and the item is gone. How about at least doing the common courtesy of replying to my message to let me know you sold it while you are busy deleting the listing?

On that note... anyone have a 240v 4800W(or more, up to 40A, 9600W) electric heater sitting around they'd like to offload for ~$40(going rate, it seems)?
I have a 750 W heater I'd sell you. It is regular $40 at Canadian Tire. Lightly used, and I'll take $35, plus you save the GST. You pick up - no lowballers/trades.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2019, 02:16 PM   #485
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL...thanks, CPijiji...
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2019, 02:51 PM   #486
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

^^I’ve met both of these people - Can vouch.

surferguy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2019, 03:25 PM   #487
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My last 2 Kijiji customers have failed me.

I leave free items out for them and told them to "leave me a beer if they want" and they did not.

I have lost faith in humanity.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:00 PM   #488
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubc80 View Post
My last 2 Kijiji customers have failed me.

I leave free items out for them and told them to "leave me a beer if they want" and they did not.

I have lost faith in humanity.
Maybe the beer got stolen by the guy with the recip saw stealing lockboxes off off the side of peoples decks.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2019, 09:57 AM   #489
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

I have one hanging in my garage not being used and would be willing to sell it if you still need one. It was only used for one winter and then replaced with a full garage furnace so it's in great shape.

Lemme know.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:32 PM   #490
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
^^I’ve met both of these people - Can vouch.
hopefully green text wasn't necessary there

I was trying to get a reference to it being located in the part of the city farthest from where you live, but couldn't figure out a way to slide it in.

Kijiji grinds my gears. I sold off our play pen yesterday as the youngest grew out of it. Someone asks me 15 different questions about it including one that required me to take it apart. Then say they don't want it. Fine no problem, I priced it low (~20% of new) so it would go fast, and I sold it to someone else later that day.

Today they message me back and say they'll take it for 50% of what I'm asking. I say, sorry, I've sold it. They message back and up their offer $10. I say, sorry, I've sold it already. They message back and ask me to measure something else on it. I say, sorry, I've sold it, so I don't have it anymore to measure. I'm expecting a tirade soon on why didn't I hold it for them any minute...
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:37 PM   #491
gasman
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Argh

So I'm selling my Pixel 2 XL on Kijiji:

Wilf seems like a real gem. Pretty typical kijiji buyer with his head up his A$$

The Add Title is
GOOGLE Pizel 2XL 64GB UNLOCKED

Chat goes like this.

Wilf (5:48pm) Unlocked? Thx

Wilf (5:51pm) Yes it is. Ok

Me(6:14pm) Yes 100% Unlocked.

Wilf (6:21pm) Maybe I should come check it out

Me (6:42pm) Is that a question?

Wilf (6:45pm) Just thinking out loud. You could counter with 'Im home now if you want to see it'

Wilf (6:48pm) I'm about 10mins away

Me (6:56pm) I can meet you at the second cup that is on the corner of Southland and Braeside Drive, Let me know what time.

Wilf (7:26pm) I have to think about it. There are many for sale.
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gasman For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #492
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Yeah, Kijiji is so hit or miss. I've seen it from both sides though and often sellers are complete a-holes over simple mistakes. As a seller, yes it blows, (not picking on your conversation specifically) but during the Raptors playoff run I was 100% buying a jersey off Kijiji.

Problem is I was super busy and there were lots of ads (something most Kijiji sellers forget). I got one ad mixed up with another in my haste, but was still likely buying this one as it was the best of the bunch. Asked what size before buying, as of the two best options one had a size one didn't.

Oh boy, I messaged the guy with size in the description and he went off! Probably trying to create one of those amazing Kijiji screencaps for social media that people love so much.

Problem is I had decided on his provided it was a large, and he had overpriced slightly $90, but I was fine, I wanted it. He basically told me off in no uncertain terms for being a typical stupid Kijiji buyer that doesn't look at the whole ad. That was a sale for him, guaranteed, I was getting it.

It felt good to see it still on there after the Raptors won the championship for a reduced $70 and that point probably never sold.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:16 PM   #493
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Firm price and don’t respond to people with anything that’s an offer.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:44 PM   #494
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I verify all the ad details when I am buying things. I could care less if the seller has put the details in the ad or not. To me it’s a double check if this person actually knows what he is selling.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:02 PM   #495
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been having way better success with Facebook marketplace. I could be lucky, but way less tire kickers and lowballers. Sold 2 phones on there after struggling with Kijiji buyers.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:50 PM   #496
gasman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I verify all the ad details when I am buying things. I could care less if the seller has put the details in the ad or not. To me it’s a double check if this person actually knows what he is selling.
That's fair, the fact he asked about the unlocking was a bit of a red flag, but a minor annoyance. I was more enraged by the following, "maybe I should come look at it" like I'm supposed to do something with that statement. Then when I offer to meet he has to think about it.

What is the point then. He has the ad, the price and the answer to his question. Why "think out loud" in a text conversation only to reject the meeting that you were asking for?
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:54 PM   #497
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I rarely see any weird stuff from sellers. It’s always buyers that are confused or can’t read. I mean, at least acknowledge that the ad says “price firm, no deliveries” if you are going to ask about negotiating price or something.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:44 PM   #498
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

My Dad asked me to sell his snow tires online. He just got a new car. I am really kind of dreading it.

1500 two years ago, on rims and most of the tread left, and I'm told that it should run about half of the original price. I'm sure all I'll get are calls for 100 bucks, and do I deliver.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:58 PM   #499
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
That's fair, the fact he asked about the unlocking was a bit of a red flag, but a minor annoyance. I was more enraged by the following, "maybe I should come look at it" like I'm supposed to do something with that statement. Then when I offer to meet he has to think about it.

What is the point then. He has the ad, the price and the answer to his question. Why "think out loud" in a text conversation only to reject the meeting that you were asking for?
I agree in your case the thinking out loud was some weird passive aggressive thing to try to make him seem uninterested to get you to lower price rather than to try and verify details.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:09 PM   #500
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
My Dad asked me to sell his snow tires online. He just got a new car. I am really kind of dreading it.

1500 two years ago, on rims and most of the tread left, and I'm told that it should run about half of the original price. I'm sure all I'll get are calls for 100 bucks, and do I deliver.
Do they come with rims can you deliver will U take fiddy

I can pay cash
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote