Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2020, 09:08 AM   #2261
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Ditto. And same with my day 1 Switch - Four Joycons, zero issues.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:43 AM   #2262
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
My original PS4 was fine then swapped for a PS4 Pro that has had no issues. All controllers (4) have been great except for one that started drifting after owning it for just over a year.

My switch joycons have been brutal. 1st set drifted and nintendo replaced with a set that has been fine so far. But bought a second set that drifted within the first month of using them. And I have one of those cases for it that protects the joycons. It's frustrating.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:07 AM   #2263
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I feel like you've been very lucky. While I agree about the consoles (I still have a working PS1, PS2 Slim and PS3 Slim and have only replaced one console in my life) the Joy-cons are a real issue

Of the 4 I have, 3 have been duds. I fixed 2 myself with 3rd party thumbsticks and they have been great since, but the one I sent to Nintendo eventually stopped working properly again. I have day 1 grey Joy-Cons, both of which have broken, and a set of red/blue where the left red one I had to fix myself

Other than Joy-Cons I've never had an issue with any consoles or controllers, outside of a couple PS3 controllers having some plastic break around the thumbstick

I'll also agree with people that the X-Box One controllers are the best controllers
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:13 PM   #2264
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I went through two PS3s and 360s but I'm still on my launch PS4 and 1 year after launch Xbox One.

Like others I've had problems with my controllers and analog stick drifting. And the first PS4 controller I had I had to send in and get replaced due to the analog stick rubber disintegrating while I was playing UFC 3.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:21 PM   #2265
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Just bought Horizon: Zero Dawn for $18. Heard really good things so I'm looking forward playing while stuck inside.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kybosh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 12:26 PM   #2266
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
Of the 4 I have, 3 have been duds. I fixed 2 myself with 3rd party thumbsticks
Where did you find these? I've found some on Amazon but they don't seem to ship these particular ones to Canada.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 02:39 PM   #2267
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Where did you find these? I've found some on Amazon but they don't seem to ship these particular ones to Canada.
I found them on Amazon, I'm not sure if they're still there though. It was close to 2 years ago
Old 04-07-2020, 08:57 PM   #2268
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Man, I know Dreams is a bit of a weird thing that people don't really get, and 99% of the stuff on it is super lame. But then look at what some people are doing with it:

I can't even fathom the amount of work and visual trickery that's gone in to this.
that's incredible... way better than i thought was possible on Dreams...

i wonder how long that took them to do...
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:35 PM   #2269
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlAcKNoVa View Post
I held off buying Witcher 3 for far too long so I finally bought it a few days ago. Ploughed through Witcher 1 for the 3rd or 4th time in the summer and am currently going through Witcher 2 again. Only beaten that once. Enjoying them a lot and I know Witcher 3 is going to be an amazing 100+ hour experience. Can't wait!
So, Witcher 3 Wild hunt: complete edition is on sale on the sony store. for 20.99. Is this a good place to jump in or should I go further back?

have not played a lot of rpg but this looks like a good option to start. I have played COD in the past, like fortnite and am currently playing AC: Odyssey and enjoying it but need a break for something different. I have played and like God of War as well.

Thoughts?
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 02:12 PM   #2270
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
So, Witcher 3 Wild hunt: complete edition is on sale on the sony store. for 20.99. Is this a good place to jump in or should I go further back?

have not played a lot of rpg but this looks like a good option to start. I have played COD in the past, like fortnite and am currently playing AC: Odyssey and enjoying it but need a break for something different. I have played and like God of War as well.

Thoughts?
CP's game of the decade so you're likely to get a lot of praise. Give it a try, especially at that price
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:10 PM   #2271
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
CP's game of the decade so you're likely to get a lot of praise. Give it a try, especially at that price
Thanks. just wanted to make sure I got the right version.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:16 PM   #2272
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
Thanks. just wanted to make sure I got the right version.
The DLC is great, so definitely get the complete edition

I never played the first two Witcher games, starting with the third is just fine IMO. They do a great job of introducing you to the lore of the world throughout the game
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2020, 04:25 AM   #2273
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

finished my first RE3 run. It's awesome, but unfortunately way too short ... which isn't exactly surprising (the original was short too, RE2 was only released a year ago and they surely didn't add "Resistance" out of pure generosity), but still somewhat disappointing. Especially since there's no additional scenarios like in RE2. It's a shame because you're left wanting more. Characters, storytelling, gameplay, setting, graphics - it's all fantastic. Just can't help thinking they could have done a lot more with it if they hadn't rushed this. Another couple of months of development and it could have been truly outstanding.

Still a solid remake. I hope they do Code:Veronica next, it's one of my favourites in the series and well deserving of a remake.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 02:16 PM   #2274
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Been playing the xbox one version of Yakuza 0. Pretty fun game. Reminds me of a more edgier Shenmue, more story and better action. The fighting is pretty fun and deep.

Good game to dive deep into if you like story driven games.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 02:31 PM   #2275
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Dragon Ball Fighterz is 14.99 in the playstation store. As someone who grew up playing Marvel vs Capcom in arcades is it safe to assume this is that game with dragonball skins on top?
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 02:40 PM   #2276
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Been playing the xbox one version of Yakuza 0. Pretty fun game. Reminds me of a more edgier Shenmue, more story and better action. The fighting is pretty fun and deep.

Good game to dive deep into if you like story driven games.
I love the Yakuza series. Pick up Kiwami 1 & 2. Love the Shinjuku setting too.

God, I want to go back to Tokyo.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2020, 08:17 PM   #2277
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Playing FF7 remake and loooooving it!
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 11:06 AM   #2278
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Same.

Kind of interesting, personally, to think that this may be the last PS4 game I buy. End of a generation.

I might do Cyberpunk, but given how much I generally struggle with keeping interest in open world games, that's a maybe. I might also just wait for the PS5 version of that one too.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 11:10 AM   #2279
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, at this point I think I'll wait for the PS5 as well rather than repair my PS4. Glad to hear it's fun though.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 11:17 AM   #2280
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Same.

Kind of interesting, personally, to think that this may be the last PS4 game I buy. End of a generation.

I might do Cyberpunk, but given how much I generally struggle with keeping interest in open world games, that's a maybe. I might also just wait for the PS5 version of that one too.
Nah man, not a chance it's the last PS4 game you buy. It's April. Best case scenario has PS5 coming out in November, but I wouldn't put a bet on it coming out in 2020 at all right now.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post: