Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #201
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some minor problems in select areas?

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.1097785

Customers say they've been experiencing some bad service with the unique car rental service Car2Go. Reg Hampton reports.
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #202
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

Yeah it sucks, but not sure why they kept talking about compensation. Other than the lifetime registration fee (if you missed one of the many promos) I'm not sure what compensation they are expecting. And they say the company isn't saying anything, but they've sent out numerous emails and tweets explaining and apologizing. Just seems like a uniformed piece. But they helped return my $200 headphones to me, so I might be biased.
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #203
Jing
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW99 View Post
Yeah it sucks, but not sure why they kept talking about compensation. Other than the lifetime registration fee (if you missed one of the many promos) I'm not sure what compensation they are expecting. And they say the company isn't saying anything, but they've sent out numerous emails and tweets explaining and apologizing. Just seems like a uniformed piece. But they helped return my $200 headphones to me, so I might be biased.
I agree, really stupid to be asking for compensation when this is a pay per per use service.
Jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #204
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I can't seem to get the video to play (airport wifi) but I have been having quite a few issues with Car2Go and am just about done with the service.
I've had numerous instances where it would not let me log out of a service, asking me to park somewhere else. Sometimes when I drive to a new block it still won't let me log out. One time I simply walked away and called in to inform them which they then remote locked it. Obviously each time this happens there is an additional 5 or so minutes added to my trip. The first couple times this occurred I just let it go and paid for those extra minutes, the time I just walked away I was compensated though.

There is also just the hassle of reserving your car, walking to it, and then not having it work. Obviously not something to be compensated for, but a huge hassle and gear grinder.

I also do not like how it seems to charge you from the minute you swipe your card on the windshield to open until you swipe again to lock. There are a couple minutes it takes each time for you to enter your details, mark clean, and then for it to send the data at the end. For two trips a day this seems to add up to 2-3 extra minutes that it would be nice not to be charged for. @ 76 cents extra day that is essentially $4 a week and $20 a month (M-F).

Last edited by Temporary_User; 01-02-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Temporary_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #205
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jing View Post
I agree, really stupid to be asking for compensation when this is a pay per per use service.
I walked around for an hour on the first night they started having problems with cars not allowing themselves to be signed into in my area. It was -20 and I had my phone up to my slowly freezing ear the whole time talking to a rep on the other end who was directing me to different cars that he was logging into and out of the system trying to find one that would work. They compensated me for that hour, and well they should have. Especially when trying to entice people into using a new service, you want the customer experience to be good or they won't be coming back, and thus you better go above and beyond to make sure that when you don't meet expectations, there is some kind of meaningful acknowledgement of such.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #206
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

They should change thier logo to... "CarNoGo"
Old 01-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #207
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
They should change thier logo to... "CarNoGo"
Really??
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #208
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Really??
You missed the joke
Old 01-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #209
J Diddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

New promo code: "the core"
No quotes and yes a space between the two words.
I believe it is valid until tomorrow.
J Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J Diddy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #210
iggyformayor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
New promo code: "the core"
No quotes and yes a space between the two words.
I believe it is valid until tomorrow.
What is the promo for? Free registration?
iggyformayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #211
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently they are/have added another 150 cars a couple days ago, not sure if they're on the street yet though
Dan02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #212
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting video map posted on the Herald's website: http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2013/...y-in-the-life/

Nothing that surprising; most use is into the core in the mornings, and out of the core by 4:00 pm.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #213
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was just about to post that video, here it is embedded:

Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #214
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thought this belonged here too...

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpos...postcount=2264

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #215
Smartcar
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be very few of these cars around right now?
I noticed that you always see a lot around and then when you go to book one there's nothing within 10 blocks. But this probably explains it (from the April newsletter):
Quote:
We continue to listen to and appreciate your feedback regarding how we can increase availability of car2go’s when you need them and where you need them.

We are adjusting how many consecutive reservations can be made to one specific vehicle. It is no longer possible to reserve a specific car2go more than once. Should you reserve a vehicle, you will have 30 minutes to arrive and begin your trip. If you are unable to make it to the car2go before your reservation expires you will need to reserve another vehicle or simply walk up to the vehicle that you missed the reservation on and begin your trip “on demand”.

Again, if you missed your initial reservation you can still access the car2go by walking up to it and beginning your trip “On Demand”. You just won’t be able to make another reservation on the same car2go if you missed the initial reservation.

Example of the old way: It’s 2:00pm in the afternoon, and Monica plans on using the car2go at 3:30pm. She makes a reservation for a car2go outside her apartment that expires at 2:30pm. At 2:25pm she cancels the reservation and makes a new reservation for 3:00pm. She again cancels the reservation at 2:55pm and makes another reservation for 3:30pm. Though Monica is able to get into the car2go at 3:30pm, she has taken the car out of availability for 90 minutes for other members to use.
I'd never have thought of doing this. Obviously lots of people around more clever than me. Hopefully it will mean a car within a short distance next time I need one and I won't have to hop on the train.
Smartcar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smartcar For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #216
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

^ I thought of doing it but didn't think they'd be stupid enough to allow it. I'm pretty blown away it took a year for them to catch onto that... It also makes sense the one day I was able to get one in my neighborhood on a weekday at 830pm and the girl ran out of her door and looked pissed off. I looked, there were no cars, got ready, looked again, and saw one. I must have snuck in her cancel/re-reserve window. Sucker!
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #217
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

There is a guy who drives one to work and back everyday down the street from me. Always parked in the same spot. I suspect he does this when he wakes up, and definitely does it at work.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone makes a reservation at 9 AM for a 5 PM departure, and every half hour just re-books the reservation.

I am looking forward to having more cars available after 3 PM from downtown. I really hate cheaters who do this.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #218
Robotic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anyone know a promo code for free signup? I've been thinking about getting into this.
Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #219
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm not sure that they offer a promo all year round.

I read in the Metro today that they will have a tent set up at the Salsa Fest on Sunday where they will be offering membership for $15 rather than $35
jroc is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jroc For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #220
Robotic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Car2go has a tent setup in Marda Gras today. I asked for a promo code and they told me 'student0030' will waive the $35 signup fee, and give you 30 minutes.
Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robotic For This Useful Post: