Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2021, 12:31 PM   #121
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

It would be terrific if he could become one of the 4 Cs next year, when Ryan is (likely) gone.

For now, let him keep dominating the A. And when possible, give him a few games in the show to see what he looks like, and to motivate him further.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2022, 10:54 PM   #122
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Tell the kid to find a place in town.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2022, 11:01 PM   #123
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Enoch's post from March 6, 2021 looks pretty damn good right now.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2022, 11:19 PM   #124
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty much nailed it spot on. He’s started to figure out the speed of the game at this level and is seeing plays now like on the Mangi goal and on his goal finding the open ice in front and using his size to box out the encroaching D and potential poke check before no doubting it upstairs. I think Darryl sees a lot in him and isn’t afraid to give that line tough assignments, like I said in the PGT I honestly see his line as the 3rd line ATM.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2022, 11:23 PM   #125
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
Pretty much nailed it spot on. He’s started to figure out the speed of the game at this level and is seeing plays now like on the Mangi goal and on his goal finding the open ice in front and using his size to box out the encroaching D and potential poke check before no doubting it upstairs. I think Darryl sees a lot in him and isn’t afraid to give that line tough assignments, like I said in the PGT I honestly see his line as the 3rd line ATM.

And he's good at faceoff too, wining 7 out of 11 tonight, that's 64%.
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to midniteowl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2022, 11:24 PM   #126
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ruzicka, drafted in the 4th round now has 3 goals. the last forward to be drafted that late by the Oilers to score more than 3 goals (actually any goals) was Toby Rieder drafted in 2011 but famously he never scored for the Oilers, in 2 stints. the last forward drafted by the Oilers in the 4th round or later to score a goal for the Oilers was Hartikainen- he's 32 years old now I think

Last edited by looooob; 02-13-2022 at 10:38 AM.
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 11:43 PM   #127
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

That’s some delicious E=NG right there looooob out of thanks but ty!!!
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 11:45 PM   #128
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

This is huge for this team. And they have Pelletier knocking on the door. So great to see so many flames draft picks in the roster.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2022, 08:06 AM   #129
BigRed
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Smart player, knows where to go, good hands, and uses his size well. Not the world's greatest skater but seems to have the hockey sense to make up for it. He does a lot of little things and has the skill to make things happen. I'd actually like to see Dube with him and Lucic -- would help get Dube going and would also add some speed.
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 08:13 AM   #130
TheSquatch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

His goal there, stick on the ice cruising (not standing still) and Ras finds him and boom, top shelf from 4 feet out... that's not a rookie-ish goal. He is seeing the game at speed. Having a guy who doesn't just shove it into the pads there is going to be huge for the Flames. Likewise the Mangiapane goal, good vision and makes the exact right play.

Is he making a few mistakes? Yes. Is he making the team better? Yes. Looks like a really good fit here.
TheSquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 09:42 AM   #131
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Who knew Ruzicka would establish himself before Valimaki; ####s wild bro
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FormerPresJamesTaylor For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2022, 09:57 AM   #132
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I am a a bit taller than 6'-1". If I had a neck like Ruzicka...I think I would be 6'-6". His neck is like a tree trunk.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:10 AM   #133
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkhouser View Post
Still early, but seeing as we have no 1st rounder next year, I suspect the following players will be top 10 next summer (assuming Janko graduates):

Valimaki
Fox
Anderson
Kylington
Mangiapane
Dube
Phillips
Parsons
Gilles
Ruzicka
Look at this post.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:25 AM   #134
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Digging a little more into the numbers, Ruzicka’s performance this year is basically identical to Anton Lundell’s in Florida. Both a scoring at 5v5 like top 10 centres.

I cannot imagine either of them keep it up since their fancies are not great (not bad, but not great), but it’s encouraging to see what Ruzicka has done. If you can get a 15 game heater like this out of a bottom sixer every now and then that does so much to diversify the attack. And who knows, usually it takes rookies a little while to settle in, maybe he keeps something like this up. If so then I think the Flames found their rental 2C. (Though I really don’t think it’s likely)

He’s got an NHL spot locked down for a while now though. Get some of his Heat teammates up here and see what they can do now.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:26 AM   #135
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is what AHL seasoning does. Allows players to execute plays at a high level (like that in tight high shot for his goal), so when they get to the NHL it's just an automatic thing they can do, vs struggling to execute against NHL players when they don't have the strength or speed of skill.

So wish Bennett had got a year in the AHL. Think it would have been huge for him.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:33 AM   #136
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Look at this post.
Pretty incredible to have 5 of your top 10 prospects become impact NHLers. And Valimaki and Ruzicka still have a chance to do the same.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:38 AM   #137
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
I might have heard wrong but didn’t Cassie say that Sutter told her he was the 3rd line center? Considering Lucic is better than dube and Lewis is better than Ritchie , I think you are correct that they are the third line right now
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:41 AM   #138
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

He’s been a pleasant surprise for sure! Kid can play and sutter seems to like him.
Zulu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:48 AM   #139
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Even though I do believe rebuilds or retools are necessary guys like Ruzicka mangiapane and kylington are showing you can go from a middle pack team to elite. Some seem to think it’s not possible to do.

Ruzicka has been a big boost to this team mid season where kylington has been all season. Mangiapane continues to grow too.

If we can’t get a toffolli type player I say we need to give Pelletier or phillips a turn. But I do think being patient and waiting a few weeks makes sense. Team is rolling right now no way we mess with it right now
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:02 AM   #140
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

What was his NHLe from his time in the AHL?
D as in David is online now   Reply With Quote