Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-26-2021, 11:07 AM   #3161
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

That just says Abrams will be producing, not directing.

Actually, reading the full story, it just says that Bad Robot will be producing it and Abrams won't even be the actual Producer.

This could be a precursor to Abrams naming himself the Director, but if you look at IMDB, he has 72 Producer credits, but only 15 Director.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:09 AM   #3162
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1365361080046936074
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:43 AM   #3163
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Love it.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:52 AM   #3164
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Looks like a District 10 movie is in the works!

https://variety.com/2021/film/global...ll-1234916144/

Quote:
“District 9” and “Elysium” director Neill Blomkamp has revealed that he and writing partners Sharlto Copley and Terri Tatchell are in the process of writing the screenplay for “District 10,” the long-awaited follow-up to South Africa’s biggest box office hit.
I absolutely love District 9 and have been waiting for this for far too long.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 12:11 PM   #3165
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Interesting. I also love Lockes immediate reaction it will be mediocre based off an announcement lol.

Are you this jaded about everything ? Before you get into bed for snuggle night with your partner, just de robing with a dismissive look on your face “Honey, I know youre very enthusiastic about this, but it will be mediocre at best”
Old 02-26-2021, 12:13 PM   #3166
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Interesting. I also love Lockes immediate reaction it will be mediocre based off an announcement lol.

Are you this jaded about everything ? Before you get into bed for snuggle night with your partner, just de robing with a dismissive look on your face “Honey, I know youre very enthusiastic about this, but it will be mediocre at best”
When was the last time JJ Abrams did anything that wasnt mediocre?

Sure...maybe this time the person who has let you down everytime doesnt let you down.

Maybe this is the one.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:28 PM   #3167
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lovecraft Country was excellent. Abrams was EP on that, which is likely the role he'll have on Superman.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:34 PM   #3168
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Looks like a District 10 movie is in the works!

https://variety.com/2021/film/global...ll-1234916144/

I absolutely love District 9 and have been waiting for this for far too long.
Amazing news. I felt like we really just got a taste of the District 9 universe in the last film. This is also a film series that could work with a little distance between films. You get a check in once every 10-15 years to see how the situation has progressed.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 12:46 PM   #3169
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ta-Nehisi Coates writing a black Superman story? Oh man there's going to be so many pissed off people haha. This is fantastic.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 12:50 PM   #3170
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Executive Producer (simplified) implies that he was a financial concern, and important in getting a project off the ground and greenlit. I give JJ a lot of credit in doing this for some really good projects, especially on the tv side.

When he is simply announced as a producer, it implies a more creative role on decision making and hiring. The only time this has been a successful part of his resume, as far as I can see, is when he did the MI movies, and Cruise is a control nut.

As a writer, he is at best mediocre, and I only really liked Joy Ride as a fun movie. As a director, he is a creative disaster.

The more creative control he is given, the more the project is problematic. If he is a producer, it's fair to say that the film will likely be mediocre, unless a strong personality is put in the directors seat, and JJ stays far away from writing credit. I'd wait for the rest of the above the line crew list before prognosticating, though.
Old 03-13-2021, 12:15 PM   #3171
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1370787814544080897
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2021, 01:33 PM   #3172
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2021, 06:26 PM   #3173
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1371198593718161413

The hype rises
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2021, 10:06 AM   #3174
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

There's no way that I'm going to commit something like 4 hours to sit down and watch this thing. I'll wait for the reviews and maybe break it up into 1 hour viewing blocks.

If they kill Flash in the first hour, then I'm good, god he was awful. Have him get distracted and run into a brick wall, that would be the greatest death ever.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2021, 10:22 AM   #3175
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
There's no way that I'm going to commit something like 4 hours to sit down and watch this thing. I'll wait for the reviews and maybe break it up into 1 hour viewing blocks.

If they kill Flash in the first hour, then I'm good, god he was awful. Have him get distracted and run into a brick wall, that would be the greatest death ever.
I was under the impression it was going to be released in parts, is that not correct? Is the whole thing dropping on Thursday?
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 10:51 AM   #3176
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The ad makes me feel like the whole thing is dropping.

When I was in college I use to do some cartooning, we even had the cartoon the adventures of Stickman published in the student news paper (it followed the adventures of a superhero Stickman and his girlfriend Anorexia as he fought his arch villain, the ball who had an evil henchman named the Brick, I'm still waiting for my film option Marvel).

Anyways we did a cross over cartoon, where Flash was jogging in the park at a 1000 miles and hour and ran past the Hulk and the Thing making out and was distracted and ran into the side of the truck creating a kinetic explosion that destroyed Gotham (ok I was drunk when we drew that one).

so yeah, this movie could be the same kind of nonsense

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 11:20 AM   #3177
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
I was under the impression it was going to be released in parts, is that not correct? Is the whole thing dropping on Thursday?
When it was originally announced, they said it would be broken into 4 parts, but apparently that plan has changed and it will be all in one now.
Old 03-15-2021, 11:53 AM   #3178
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

I'm desperate for any kind of media right now. I will 100% soak this up. The fact that it's a bit of a guilty pleasure - and will likely be chock full of over the top Snyder cheese - only adds to my excitement for it.

Anything is a great break from the Netflix documentaries I've been watching. These documentaries have gotten so repetitive, and seem to be the only new media of any quality.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:10 PM   #3179
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

Zack Snyder's Justice League' review: The director's cut is truly a new film -- and a knockout

https://canoe.com/entertainment/movi...and-a-knockout

“Zack Snyder’s Justice League,” the thrillingly restored four-hour-long director’s-cut version of the 2017 DC Comics extravaganza. The new movie — and make no mistake, it really is a new movie — is , a team-of-heroes origin story that, at heart, is classically conventional, yet it’s now told with such an intoxicating childlike sincerity and ominous fairy-tale wonder that it takes you back to what comic books, at their best, have always sought to do: make you feel like you’re seeing gods at play on Earth.

the film is such a feast of bravura eye candy and emotionally serious spectacle that it seems to be delivering all the excitement we’ve been missing. As someone who has never been shy about dissing the global obsession with comic-book cinema, I found that the film totally tapped my inner fanboy. The four hours of it glide by in an addictive trance.

The new “Justice League” exudes a majestic sense of cosmic historical evil. Its tone is less reminiscent of other DC or Marvel movies than of Peter Jackson’s “Lord of the Rings” trilogy.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:19 PM   #3180
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is one 4hr movie but the movie is broken up in 6 chapters with a 20 min epilogue. However, the entire 4hrs will be released all at once on Thursday. Reviews for this have been pretty good so far with a 75% on RT based on 93 reviews. I have a feeling WB is going to be left with alot of egg on their face once this is seen.