FFR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FFR For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2018, 08:07 PM   #3762
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
So we booked with WestJet to Paris. We were supposed to leave Sunday as we have a wedding saturday and now they changed our flight to leave Saturday night instead..

What sort of recourse is there? Were going to call and change but we didn't get flight insurance because we never have and never expected a flight to be changed by a whole day....
I think with something like that, you should be able to change or cancel without penalty. The problem most people run into is that they bought their tickets at a good price and if they still want to go on those dates and buy tickets with another airline, for example, they lose out on the good deal.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:08 PM   #3763
STeeLy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
So we booked with WestJet to Paris. We were supposed to leave Sunday as we have a wedding saturday and now they changed our flight to leave Saturday night instead..

What sort of recourse is there? Were going to call and change but we didn't get flight insurance because we never have and never expected a flight to be changed by a whole day....
https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/about-...sborder-tariff

Rule 75, Section C
STeeLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:14 PM   #3764
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well the wife has been on the phone with WestJet for an hour and a half now.

Apparently the plane flies from Calgary to Halifax to Paris. We were orginally scheduled on that, they switched us to different flights from Calgary to Halifax and Halifax to Calgary for some weird reason.

Anyway, the guy put us back on the flights we were originally booked on only to run into some issue.. Been on hold for 30 mins since.

Who knows what is happening haha.

Edit: Well 2 hours on the phone to just be put back on same flights we booked. Thanks WestJet.

Last edited by Weitz; 02-26-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:02 PM   #3765
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any explanation?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:08 PM   #3766
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Similar thing happened to my parents when they went toMaui last year. WestJet told them their flight was cancelled a day or two before departure. They’d have to take different flights to Honolulu and find their own way to Maui. Several hours of phone calls later and it turns out WestJet lied and their original flight was never cancelled. Got back on their original flight and got a flight credit for their ordeal. It took like 6 months and a bunch of complaining but WestJet sort of made good on their attempted screw job.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:12 PM   #3767
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Any explanation?
No he couldn’t say it happened. They gave us some money off so that Was nice. But what a waste of a night.

My only thought is that somehow it might have had to do with where the gates go? And when you go through customs? I don’t know.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:38 AM   #3768
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Calgary to Las Vegas - $178 CAD roundtrip including taxes | non-stop flights

http://yycdeals.com/calgary-to-las-v...n-stop-flights

WestJet has dropped the price of their non-stop flights from Calgary to Las Vegas down to $178 CAD roundtrip including taxes.

Unfortunately perfect Vegas weekend flights are not available, just Wednesday and Saturday flights.

It's in response to low cost carrier Frontier Airlines new non-stop flights from Calgary to Las Vegas.

-

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 02:02 PM   #3769
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oye. Some pretty long layovers. Unless you can get a cheap hotel or sleep in the airport in Denver, it might not be huge savings.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:36 PM   #3770
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Oye. Some pretty long layovers. Unless you can get a cheap hotel or sleep in the airport in Denver, it might not be huge savings.
These WestJet flights are non-stop flights. They dropped the price in response to Frontier's new flights, which are also non-stop, on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

I'm guessing you might be looking at Frontier's flights, on a day that they don't fly non-stop from Calgary?

Frontier can have some pretty ridiculous flight options connecting through Denver.

A few things to be aware of with Frontier:

- prices on their website are in $USD

- their prices do not even include carry-on, which is $60 USD roundtrip.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax

Last edited by cmyden; 06-08-2018 at 02:39 PM.
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #3771
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
These WestJet flights are non-stop flights. They dropped the price in response to Frontier's new flights, which are also non-stop, on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

I'm guessing you might be looking at Frontier's flights, on a day that they don't fly non-stop from Calgary?

Frontier can have some pretty ridiculous flight options connecting through Denver.

A few things to be aware of with Frontier:

- prices on their website are in $USD

- their prices do not even include carry-on, which is $60 USD roundtrip.

Yeah, you're right. I guess I was looking at Thursday depart/Sunday return flights on Frontier's site.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #3772
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe I am just trying to be too cheap, but is there a way to have just one person fly with a "standard economy" on AC and the rest just "basic economy"? As a family, we only really need one big checked bag, and ala cart its $60 vs a $25 upgrade to "standard economy".

edit: meant standard economy, not premium.

Last edited by Wormius; 06-15-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:21 AM   #3773
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the ability do choose different fares for each traveller is not there then you could make two separate bookings I suppose.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:58 AM   #3774
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Similar thing happened to my parents when they went toMaui last year. WestJet told them their flight was cancelled a day or two before departure. They’d have to take different flights to Honolulu and find their own way to Maui. Several hours of phone calls later and it turns out WestJet lied and their original flight was never cancelled. Got back on their original flight and got a flight credit for their ordeal. It took like 6 months and a bunch of complaining but WestJet sort of made good on their attempted screw job.
What the hell?? So any explanation as to why they were told it was cancelled? That's really bizarre.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:25 PM   #3775
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I had this happen Calgary to Toronto. There was a storm and I got an email saying my flight was cancelled, and they sent me details for a later flight. I checked later that day and my original flight flew anyways... I think they just bumped me. Maybe the one before mine was cancelled? I don’t know, it was strange.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #3776
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Mid next year I'm going to be looking for a flight to Turin, Italy (hopefully) I'm not really looking to spend a fortune to get there and time won't be a huge bother so a milk run would be ok. Idealy I'd like the trip to last at max 1 week.

Would the cheapest option be to fly to London, Amsterdam (or another eu hub) and then take a Ryan air flight to Turin? Would the savings even be worth worrying about vs. "direct" from presumably Toronto.

I'm just trying to catch a Juventus match sometime next year so I'm not firm on the dates at all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Deviaant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:46 PM   #3777
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

I flew Frontier last week on its LAS-YYC route.

Word of advice: unless you fly with the clothes on your back, don't care where you sit and don't buy anything during the flight, don't bother.

Their equipment is all older model re-purposed aircraft that looks like it's from the 90's, with seats made to make people 5'2" and under comfortable. Not your average size person, that's for sure.

Flight was late, and that's apaprently very common.

They are budget, but they're budget for a reason.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:55 PM   #3778
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviaant View Post
Mid next year I'm going to be looking for a flight to Turin, Italy (hopefully) I'm not really looking to spend a fortune to get there and time won't be a huge bother so a milk run would be ok. Idealy I'd like the trip to last at max 1 week.

Would the cheapest option be to fly to London, Amsterdam (or another eu hub) and then take a Ryan air flight to Turin? Would the savings even be worth worrying about vs. "direct" from presumably Toronto.

I'm just trying to catch a Juventus match sometime next year so I'm not firm on the dates at all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
My rule is to fly direct from Calgary to anywhere in Europe. Toronto will always take longer, plus it's Toronto so you will probably get screwed in some way. If you can, book it on the same itinerary so if something does happen and a flight is cancelled, they are on the hook(as near as I am aware). There are also many more options that way. If it were me, I'd do KLM, though it is a bit more expensive usually.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:12 PM   #3779
rotten42
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
I flew Frontier last week on its LAS-YYC route.

Word of advice: unless you fly with the clothes on your back, don't care where you sit and don't buy anything during the flight, don't bother.

Their equipment is all older model re-purposed aircraft that looks like it's from the 90's, with seats made to make people 5'2" and under comfortable. Not your average size person, that's for sure.

Flight was late, and that's apaprently very common.

They are budget, but they're budget for a reason.
I have gone with Frontier a couple times now from Calgary to Charlotte. The reason why is their flights are significantly cheaper than what I usually fly to Charlotte . (United or American)

Yes, they are a budget airline so everything costs extra so all I did was buy a bundle. It gives you a carry-on, checked luggage, priority boarding, seating choice, flexible schedule and cancellation protection. Even with that bundle if was close to $300 cheaper than flying with my usual United flight. (Flights have increased significantly since June for my regular flights with the big 3)

In terms of seating, I only book usually 6 weeks out from when I fly and I still can get the first 3 rows which have the extended leg room. They are better than Economy plus on United. The planes I flew on looked new and were fine.

So you can get a good experience on a budget airline if you do your homework first.
rotten42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:24 AM   #3780
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there a website where lets say I can search for all flights from anywhere in Italy to Munich on a certain day? Trying to plan out a trip.