Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2022, 12:38 PM   #161
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Managed to upgrade my game 2 seats from PL to section 219 and am very happy about that. Oh man that is going to be an insane night.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:38 PM   #162
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Scalpers out in full force, cool Ticketmaster, really enjoy your service
Scornfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:39 PM   #163
Icantwhisper
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickazzflames View Post
I know I am being sour but they should really crack down on anyone who buys pre-sale only to immediately put it up on stub hub. It's greasy..

BUT not as greasy as the people who grabbed Red Lot tickets and then put them up for sale haha.
So ticketmaster should crack down on it's self?
Old 05-16-2022, 12:40 PM   #164
Knut

Exp:

I got 3 + 1 tickets in the Restaurant for Wednesday. A single seat is away from the rest of the family.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:40 PM   #165
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Flames are hitting our credit card STH payment plans as we speak. There should be a flood of reseller tickets available within a short time.
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:41 PM   #166
Kickazzflames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draug View Post
I am generally a capitalist. Have no problem with STH's selling tickets for as much as they can get.

But taking a free ticket, and scalping it, is really a sad human thing to do....
I got no problem with STH selling at higher prices, its actually great to see since it's been rough to recoup any money on missed games the last few years. It's the people without seasons tickets and bought pre-sale that had no intention of using them in the first place that get me.

Again I may be minority on that issue but it grinds my gears.
Kickazzflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:47 PM   #167
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I sold my second pair of tickets 3 of the 4 games in round 1. If it wasn’t for my wife who found someone at her work to take those 3 games I was poised to lose money on those seats. Luckily I was able to move them at cost each game

I don’t expect the same problem for this upcoming round.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2022, 01:14 PM   #168
teeschaber
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Got 4 tickets through COOP 219 row 21 for $189 a piece! Not bad at all considering I paid almost that for the BOA in the regular season
teeschaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 01:17 PM   #169
Mayo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickazzflames View Post
I got no problem with STH selling at higher prices, its actually great to see since it's been rough to recoup any money on missed games the last few years. It's the people without seasons tickets and bought pre-sale that had no intention of using them in the first place that get me.

Again I may be minority on that issue but it grinds my gears.
I agree - makes no difference to the Flames who buys from them. Make the secondary tickets exclusive to STH first. I guess they did email us before playoffs to ask if we wanted extra tickets, but also specified that we aren't to re-sell them....
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 01:52 PM   #170
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Seats listed for $3500 a ticket… lol sick.
No success this far, 3-0 when going to game but I can’t fathom spending 500+ a ticket sadly.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 01:56 PM   #171
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

how is ticketmaster not a criminalized company and shut down?
Old 05-16-2022, 04:37 PM   #172
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
but also specified that we aren't to re-sell them....
Are you sure your messages said that? I just went back and double checked- no wording like that at all.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:40 PM   #173
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
I got 3 + 1 tickets in the Restaurant for Wednesday. A single seat is away from the rest of the family.

Makes me think of Guy Gaudreau
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:41 PM   #174
anyonebutedmonton
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I think most of the resellers will learn a hard lesson when they have to drastically reduce pricing to sell. Are there a ton of people that would love to go to the games? Absolutely. However, I think the majority of those people willing to spend >$500 per ticket likely already have season tickets. The Flames have priced the tickets fairly high already, which I think should take the ability to make a significant profit away.
anyonebutedmonton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anyonebutedmonton For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2022, 04:49 PM   #175
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyonebutedmonton View Post
I think most of the resellers will learn a hard lesson when they have to drastically reduce pricing to sell. Are there a ton of people that would love to go to the games? Absolutely. However, I think the majority of those people willing to spend >$500 per ticket likely already have season tickets. The Flames have priced the tickets fairly high already, which I think should take the ability to make a significant profit away.
Whoever is doing it is simply making money by helping more Oilers fans get into the Dome.
butterfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:28 PM   #176
rage2
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
I think the demand is there. I also believe the flames jacked up the regular prices on the tickets as well knowing it’s the BoA which really helped resale. I have seasons in center white, and I sold game 1 in under 5 mins of listing at over 600 a ticket.

By my calculations, the flames jacked up the prices by 35% compared to what the announced pricing was at the beginning of playoffs because it’s BoA to maximize their take.
rage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:55 PM   #177
Demzy84
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Listed my Game 1 tickets in 2nd Bowl Row 6 for $650/seat just to see if anyone would pay that ridiculous amount for me not to go to the game, and in 15 mins they were sold! Resell market is definitely there this round.
Demzy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 06:02 PM   #178
anyonebutedmonton
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
Whoever is doing it is simply making money by helping more Oilers fans get into the Dome.

Good point. Had not thought of oiler fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anyonebutedmonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:53 PM   #179
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I would be surprised if some of these tickets sell on the resale market. There are high press level seats listed for $500 to $700 a piece. Maybe for Stanley Cup tickets but for round 2 those prices seem really absurd.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:06 PM   #180
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ended up getting PL 8 tickets. Person I am bringing isn't great with lots of stairs. Does anyone know if there are escalators/elevators to get up there, and whereabouts they would be?
PugnaciousIntern is offline   Reply With Quote