Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default Uconnect on Dodge Journey

I just recently purchased a 2013 Dodge Journey and it has the 8.4/RE2 Uconnect system. The pairing with my GS3 worked flawlessly, but it seems messaging is not supported with the GS3? Is this something that they only support perhaps an iPhone for? Was a little disappointed to find that the GS3 wouldn't work for text messages within the system.

Anyone have any experience with this system?
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
hatty
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I have a 2011 Ram with a Uconnect system. I had to actually get dodge to do a firmware upgrade for me before my phone would even properly connect via blutooth (I was using a galaxy nexus at the time) Since then i have switched to a GS4, but have not tried the messaging part, i'll give it a shot and let you know if it works, but i know it didn't work with my nexus.

When i told them that my phone didn't connect they did say some phones do not work the greatest with their uconnect system (they actually said mine won't connect, but i did get it to work)
hatty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hatty For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The Journey user manual says that the system sees if your phone is compatible with SMS over Bluetooth. This is how it determines if it can work the messaging on your phone. Not sure why the GS3 wouldn't be able to do this.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

I own a 2013 Ram with the Uconnect.

Side note: Uconnect in Canada only works to receive messages and not send them.

However it should receive them no problem. The only thing that I would suggest you check is to go into your bluetooth options and go into Uconnect and make sure that notifications are enabled for that bluetooth device. If that doesn't work then it is a limitation of the phone. My Iphone works just fine but I did have to enable notifications over bluetooth.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nope, nothing for incoming texts. Just surprising that this doesn't work with a pretty new device like this. Disappointing.