Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2022, 09:06 AM   #61
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
I thought he made CNN more entertaining, it's very dull now without his type.
I want dull news. Just tell/show me what happened and get the hell out of the way. I don't need personalities, opinions, sensationalism, etc.

Be clear, thorough and unbiased.

Unfortunately, the last bit is tough in the world of network owners and advertisers.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 09:07 AM   #62
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Alex is mad dog who'll tear up a garden if he thinks theres a bone in it. Hes got a lot of bones, and a lot more ####ed up gardens. Alex has come up with so much hidden material that it has impacted the entire western worlds concept of their governments, media and the elites, that alex has exposed embarassed time after time. This downfall is driven by the powerful enemies hes made and by cheering against him, youre carrying a torch for the most evil and corrupt people in our society, whove spent years softening your brain to hate alex because you only consume billionaire-owned media. These billionaires dont give one hot #### about sandy hook, they just see this as a good opporunity to get rid of an extremely annoying person and they are rallying all their troops, which appear to include mostly everyone in this thread.

Its as simple as this, do you think the Sandy Hook massacre took place? Y/N

If yes, the Alex Jones is a sack of #### in your eyes. If no, then you are a sack of #### right along with him.

I don't need some billionaire owned media to tell me this.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:09 AM   #63
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

I love it.. he's so ####ed.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Yeller For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 09:14 AM   #64
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Just when I thought there was an issue on which 100% of CP could agree, Alex f###ing Jones found his white knight.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:18 AM   #65
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1555050210631598080

It was only a matter of time.

Edit: it appears that this was from 2019.
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:35 AM   #66
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzle View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1555050210631598080

It was only a matter of time.

Edit: it appears that this was from 2019.
It was also from people spamming the infowars email with the pictures, not like they were saved by him. As much as I hate to defend him, that's not on him.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:20 AM   #67
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArcher101 View Post
It was also from people spamming the infowars email with the pictures, not like they were saved by him. As much as I hate to defend him, that's not on him.
Ah, but can't we use Jones' own standards of evidence against him?

Fact: Alex Jones has images of naked children in his email.
Conclusion: Alex Jones is a pedophile who kidnaps kids and is trying to use them to create a goat-human hybrid. These hybrids will be trained as nazi super-soldiers and unleashed in a horrific rape-torture armageddon financed and led by Jimmy Carter.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:22 AM   #68
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was out with my wife at a party last week and was talking to this really nice lady with a good professional background. Conversation was really chill, but then as the number of drinks increased our conversation about health concerns with the vaccine slid into her talking about Bill Gates and global population control, then the moon landing being fake, then the dark side of the moon being populated by another species that is being kept hidden from us. It was mind blowing to actually hear someone really believing some of what she was saying. One of the most memorable conversations I've had recently, and really makes me wonder how many other people there are around me on a daily basis who have beliefs like that.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 10:42 AM   #69
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
I was out with my wife at a party last week and was talking to this really nice lady with a good professional background. Conversation was really chill, but then as the number of drinks increased our conversation about health concerns with the vaccine slid into her talking about Bill Gates and global population control, then the moon landing being fake, then the dark side of the moon being populated by another species that is being kept hidden from us. It was mind blowing to actually hear someone really believing some of what she was saying. One of the most memorable conversations I've had recently, and really makes me wonder how many other people there are around me on a daily basis who have beliefs like that.
They are everywhere....

They are Legion!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:48 AM   #70
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

They are indeed everywhere, my brother in law is a flat earther.

Surely unrelated, he is also a heavy pot smoker and obsessed with pot

His latest FB post this morning: How do you explain they have a mega telescope to take details of galaxies million of light years away and they can't take close pictures of the moon.

Last edited by Firebot; 08-04-2022 at 10:51 AM.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:52 AM   #71
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Alex is mad dog who'll tear up a garden if he thinks theres a bone in it. Hes got a lot of bones, and a lot more ####ed up gardens. Alex has come up with so much hidden material that it has impacted the entire western worlds concept of their governments, media and the elites, that alex has exposed embarassed time after time. This downfall is driven by the powerful enemies hes made and by cheering against him, youre carrying a torch for the most evil and corrupt people in our society, whove spent years softening your brain to hate alex because you only consume billionaire-owned media. These billionaires dont give one hot #### about sandy hook, they just see this as a good opporunity to get rid of an extremely annoying person and they are rallying all their troops, which appear to include mostly everyone in this thread.

direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:58 AM   #72
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
They are indeed everywhere, my brother in law is a flat earther.

Surely unrelated, he is also a heavy pot smoker and obsessed with pot

His latest FB post this morning: How do you explain they have a mega telescope to take details of galaxies million of light years away and they can't take close pictures of the moon.
"Focal distance".

But also...

https://arstechnica.com/science/2016...g-moon-photos/
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:58 AM   #73
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Do your parents believe this kind of stuff, too, or are you the only independent thinker in your family?
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 11:04 AM   #74
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I want dull news. Just tell/show me what happened and get the hell out of the way. I don't need personalities, opinions, sensationalism, etc.

Be clear, thorough and unbiased.

Unfortunately, the last bit is tough in the world of network owners and advertisers.
sensationalism of news is tragic; however, there is utility in providing opinions on events from experts in the matter.

Also, exposes and other long form journalism - while may be biased - is extremely important.

The world is a complicated place, and sometimes we need more than the 5 W's
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:18 AM   #75
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Do your parents believe this kind of stuff, too, or are you the only independent thinker in your family?
As much as everyone wants to pile on Mutata, lets just leave their family out it
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:22 AM   #76
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
As much as everyone wants to pile on Mutata, lets just leave their family out it
They're suffering enough having him live in their basement.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 11:42 AM   #77
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have found that many more people are willing to engage in conspiratorial talk than I would anticipate, they're just trained to be guarded about it. I have discovered this because i have taken a large interest in the UAP thing and enjoy bringing it up every once in a while during party conversations. But inevitably, if I begin this couched totally in public disclosure, interest in why this is happening now, do aliens really exist, etc. it devolves more frequently than I am comfortable with into lizard people and pedophiles.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:46 AM   #78
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I have found that many more people are willing to engage in conspiratorial talk than I would anticipate, they're just trained to be guarded about it. I have discovered this because i have taken a large interest in the UAP thing and enjoy bringing it up every once in a while during party conversations. But inevitably, if I begin this couched totally in public disclosure, interest in why this is happening now, do aliens really exist, etc. it devolves more frequently than I am comfortable with into lizard people and pedophiles.
What I’m hearing is that people who believe in aliens also love pedophiles.

Not unexpected.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:54 AM   #79
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes, because as John Wayne Gacy taught us, every clown is a psychopath murderer.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 11:56 AM   #80
Icantwhisper
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
You should stay away from churches!!!!