Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2022, 04:38 PM   #221
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
What a ####ing appalling post.
It really is worthy of an username tag.
They're given out for pretty unusual/exceptional events. This is one of the most disturbing posts I've read on CP.

Just something like... Vile.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 05:17 PM   #222
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I hesitate to even ask, but I've been thinking about it and I can't figure it out. What is the point of a "staged shooting"? I don't see the upside. I mean, I get the grandstanding of a fake moon landing conspiracy, but who gains from a staged school shooting?
You're potentially buying votes for gun control. Show them the horror, they'll bend.

Honestly. The "libtrards " don't even need to try this crap. Everyone and their dog can get a gun and one person having the worst day ever in the states can go off and wipe out 30 ppl at any given moment. The stuff writes itself, it doesn't need nudges from political ideologists.
Old 10-13-2022, 05:22 PM   #223
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

As for the 9/11 stuff. I entertained it for a year or two. Just to hear perspectives. After all the American Government doesn't have a spotty clean record of sacrificing their own to gain things. In the end though I figured it wasn't adding up.

I think at best you could credit Cheyney/Bush for Capitalizing on the event, but I'd be hard pressed to be convinced the U.S Government staged that.

But man did they make out like bandits afterwards

Homeland security, Iraq 2.0. The Hallibutron contracts, NSA data collection and so on and so forth.good for them for seizing the opportunity.
Old 10-13-2022, 06:38 PM   #224
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'm not sure we need to bother trying to logic Matata out of their position. If they haven't accepted reality when the #### peddler himself, Alex admits it's all BS, then what hope do we have? Like they guy who bull####ted you for years has said "ya, that was all bull####" and your response is "well, actually..." you are so far gone it isn't worth the words.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/03/11154...andy-hook-case
conspiracy theory doesn't believe in facts though. Conspiracy theorist double down.

"Alex Jones was forced to say that"

Just waiting for another grifter to step into Jones' void and take advantage of the mouth breathers that are all too happy to believe anything that validates their narrative...

Its hilarious that Jones, when he started, was talking about UFOs, Lizard and shadow people...and yet somehow he's a genius investigative reporter uncovering vast conspiracies?!?

Laughable if it wasn't so ####ing disgusting.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2022, 07:05 PM   #225
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
As for the 9/11 stuff. I entertained it for a year or two. Just to hear perspectives. After all the American Government doesn't have a spotty clean record of sacrificing their own to gain things. In the end though I figured it wasn't adding up.

I think at best you could credit Cheyney/Bush for Capitalizing on the event, but I'd be hard pressed to be convinced the U.S Government staged that.

But man did they make out like bandits afterwards

Homeland security, Iraq 2.0. The Hallibutron contracts, NSA data collection and so on and so forth.good for them for seizing the opportunity.
That’s standard shock doctrine.

While chaos is happening you can move in and consolidate power and bulldoze norms. You don’t need to be the agent of chaos.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 02:16 PM   #226
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alex Jones now being sued for $2.75 Trillion. Apparently friends and family of his that attempted to hide assets for him in his bankruptcy proceedings are likely to face fraud charges and money clawed back as part of his other prior lawsuit.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uverify%20wall
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2022, 02:38 PM   #227
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

The absurd dollar figures make me happy. Alex Jones deserves to pay every bit of it.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2022, 02:38 PM   #228
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Alex Jones now being sued for $2.75 Trillion. Apparently friends and family of his that attempted to hide assets for him in his bankruptcy proceedings are likely to face fraud charges and money clawed back as part of his other prior lawsuit.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uverify%20wall
Delgar =

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 02:41 PM   #229
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

didn't he mockingly say "why don't they make it trillions?" when they read the verdict? Well, you get what you ask for.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 02:43 PM   #230
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The big win will be if he ends up in prison for fraud or contempt or something else associated with this trial... I suspect the plaintiffs will just keep the pressure on until that happens.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 03:16 PM   #231
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Forbes needs to start a list for negative trillionaires.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 03:19 PM   #232
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Forbes needs to start a list for negative trillionaires.
The last thing I need to see myself on is more lists.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2022, 01:13 PM   #233
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Judge orders Jones to pay more money.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/10/media...ges/index.html

Quote:
A Connecticut judge on Thursday ordered right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones to pay an additional $473 million in punitive damages over the lies he told about the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

Connecticut Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis awarded the families over $323 million in common law punitive damages for attorney's fees and costs and $150 million in damages under a state law called the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act, which prohibits unfair competition and deceptive acts.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post: