Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2018, 11:27 PM   #241
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
And it felt like it went on forever. Not sure how boring the livefeed is, might not be a lot of content when everything was so predictable with the Angela HoH win but just seemed for an 8-person house that the amount of screentime given to the Veto competition was way too long.
The competition definitely dragged. They were definitely trying to fill time.

I gotta suspect not a whole lot happened in the house this week.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:53 AM   #242
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel a bit bad for Haleigh. I don't think she's a moron, she just attached herself to a moron in Fessy this whole game.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:35 AM   #243
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brett should be the one that at this point basically breaks out of level 6, and brings in Haleigh, JC and Sam to his side - by making it clear to them they are at the bottom.
Pick of level 6 one by one, then he should pick off Haleigh.
Thus leaving him to win against JC and Sam.
That's his path to any possible win. He needs to turn on level 6 now to have any chance.
I don't see Justin, Kaycee or Angela doing that, but I could see Brett flipping.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2018, 11:37 AM   #244
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

But he can't really. Sam is crazy and could change on a dime, but truly believes that Tyler and her have a special connection and agreement for a final 2 that she's commit too. She would almost certainly relay the information back to Tyler. Tyler would just convince her that he was doing everything for their benefit and Brett is screwed.

JC is a bit more devious and a gameplayer, but he still is in with Tyler. Could backfire for Brett if JC took it as an opportunity to move up that ladder with Tyler and get into a final four with Tyler, Angela, Kaycee and JC - which I think Tyler said was his ultimate plan anyways.

And sure Haleigh is already against them, but she has been for weeks.

Justin's edit has been pretty non-existent but I don't see him flipping either.

If someone, Brett or otherwise, could convince everyone that Tyler is golden with everyone in the house that's the only real plan of attack that could work. Otherwise you just hope Haleigh wins and takes out Tyler-Angela for you, if you're Brett without getting any blood on your hands.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2018, 11:46 AM   #245
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, assuming Fessy is the target, I'm not sure if that was best move for L6 (at least Angela, Tyler and Kaycee). Maybe a bit unfair to L6 since I know the jury buyback is coming, but if Haleigh left and Scotty came back, him and Fessy could be at odds. But now if anyone comes back they instantly become a duo with Haleigh.

Haleigh has shown to win some competitions, so it's not like she's completely useless either.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:39 PM   #246
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Haleigh has shown to win some competitions, so it's not like she's completely useless either.
I don't think any of them have a problem with going against Haleigh with the jury at the end.

She's one of the more universally disliked players this season I think and has made a bunch of profoundly stupid mistakes along the way that someone like Tyler could easily argue against.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:48 PM   #247
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Scottie, Fessy and Rockstar are 100% locks to vote for her. There's zero way she doesn't get their votes. Bayleigh is probably a pretty good chance of voting for her, but depending on how she somehow believes she was targetted because of Haleigh's hacker, it's not a certain. If she did get Bayleigh's, she only needs one more vote

If Tyler made the final two with her, I don't think it's necessarily a lock for him to win (even if it should be).

Brett doesn't seem particularly close with Tyler. If Tyler did betray him to somehow get Haleigh to the end, that could be a lost vote. Same with Sam and Kaycee because of hurt feelings.

Angela and JC are game players, so I imagine they would understand if Tyler cut them loose.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2018, 03:55 PM   #248
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

At some point soon L6 will need to start turning on each other, and outliers like JC and Brett should keep that in mind. Personally if I was JC I'd be playing both sides more than he is and making deals with Hayleigh/Fessy, Sam and Brett
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:57 PM   #249
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flash is there any chance you're thinking of Sam? She's this year's goat that everyone wants to be sitting beside.

But Haleigh is probably the most scary person (once/if Fessy is out and pre-jury buyback) to take to the final two. And I think only Tyler has a chance to beat her. She has a stacked jury of people in love with her (and pretty much literally). She doesn't need to have a great gameplay.

I mean I would love it if the jury did vote on gameplay, but Fessy isn't. Scottie says he's never felt that way about anyone before. Rockstar hates the 'popular group' because they always get what they want. Three pretty much for sure jury votes for Haleigh right now out of the four, and the last one was a member of her alliance and close friend. Bayleigh's certainly not voting for Angela over Haleigh.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:00 PM   #250
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
At some point soon L6 will need to start turning on each other, and outliers like JC and Brett should keep that in mind. Personally if I was JC I'd be playing both sides more than he is and making deals with Hayleigh/Fessy, Sam and Brett
I think one of the major reasons they won’t or haven’t already is that most BB players are self centred and couldn’t possibly imagine a world where they aren’t at the top of the totem pole and beloved by all their fellow HGs. Most of these people are so full of themselves it is unfathomable that they’ve been duped and aren’t actually as well liked as they believe.

JC is the most obvious example but I think it applies to pretty much every HG to a certain degree.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:06 PM   #251
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

And give L6 and Tyler credit, they have purposely made it seem that Brett is not part of their core. Regardless of who Tyler and Angela really want to bring along with them, no one even believes they are in a five or more person alliance.

JC doesn't think he's the fifth man on a five person totem pole, he think he's probably top 2 with Tyler in a four person one with Angela and Kaycee.

Brett did talk about keeping Haleigh around being beneficial to his game because they have a connection. But does he really want to side openly and oppose the major and only competent group in the house?

No, he wants Haleigh to win and put up Tyler and Angela. So when Angela goes home, Tyler and Kaycee have to fall back on him.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:14 PM   #252
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's in Brett's interest to keep Haleigh around as long as possible but he's still in an okay spot sticking with L4 to the final four. Then all he has to do is win a HOH (1 in 3 odds is not impossible) and Veto or get the other three to consider they have no chance beating Tyler in the final two. Kaycee is looking like a player you would want to sit beside in the final two if she keeps sucking at competitions.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-30-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:26 PM   #253
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kaycee just won the last competition. But yes, I see her sitting beside another L6 at the end and losing to him/her.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:46 PM   #254
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

I'm pretty sure it was Angela that I made fun of earlier in this thread, comparing her to that pageant contestant that had no idea about anything, but I was wrong. Angela is smart.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:27 PM   #255
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Goddamnit Scottie. All that time to think and his grand plan is to make friends with Tyler. What a fool. Did he not learn anything?! Did him and R* and Bay not talk at all in jury?

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 08-30-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:55 PM   #256
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Are you kidding me Scottie? You want to work with Tyler?! This season, which was unpredictable, is starting to become its normal self, predictable. I really hope Haleigh wins hoh, and targets Tyler. I like Tyler, but I want to see this season have no true powerhouse, which he is.

My ideal final 4 would be Brett, Angela, jc and sam because I really don’t know what would happen
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:08 PM   #257
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

This BattleBack wasn't needed, I wanted to see JC vs Angela/Kaycee. But out of those jurors, I guess Scottie was the best choice. No desire to see any of the other three ever again.

lol at that Hive reunion before the competition.

I want to Tyler to get to the end, but still face some adversity. I don't think it'll be an easy ride with all the final two deals he has now.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 07:16 AM   #258
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

HOH spoiler.

Spoiler!
Old 08-31-2018, 10:12 AM   #259
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

If only they would all compare notes on what Tyler's been telling them. He basically has a final 2 deal with everyone
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:32 PM   #260
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

You know there’s not a lot going on in the house game wise when an HOH comp takes 35 minutes of an episode.