Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2022, 06:27 PM   #141
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
That’s kind of ridiculous though. You should be able to offer a different opinion , that’s what sparks debate. Just keep it civil.
For the most part discussions on this forum are civil. If you can't handle people having different opinions than yours - stay out. That's what I was refering too.
Old 05-21-2022, 06:33 PM   #142
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfever View Post
In life, it's important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
It isn't worth losing a friendship or creating hard feelings in an effort to be right. Agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Old 05-21-2022, 06:39 PM   #143
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
There’s a reason there are a lot of lurkers that don’t post as it’s an intimidating and judgmental place.
But that isn’t new. It’s why I lurked from 2004 for a decade and change.
Old 05-21-2022, 06:57 PM   #144
flamesfever
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think it's important to be kind, to new posters in particular. I recall the first time I got the courage to post something. I got a response from someone (I seem to recall it was Mean Mister Mustard) that said, "Huh". In rereading it later, I admit it was somewhat unintelligible. There is definitely a learning curve in trying to become an accepted part of the community, and I am still learning.
The Following User Says Thank You to flamesfever For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2022, 06:58 PM   #145
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's a crazy thought. This place needs an "obituary" thread for the self-important dicks who think anyone cares about their departure from this virtual mortal coil. Post your departure notices there and never come back. Let people make comment there and keep it in one pathetic thread of self-importance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
May take a long break myself. Sick of this crap from posters that only butt in to be sarcastic and drag others down. Why in the hell would you single me out when its obvious that I'm trying to help things here?
You're not helping anything out. You're just as big a problem as every single person you point a boney judgmental finger at. You and your "I get to pick who gets made fun of" in your pathetic WOS IS everything wrong with CP. The self professed "cool kids" getting to decide who is right and who is wrong, who are the good fans and who aren't, and what is the proper way to cheer their team on, are full of ####. You want to challenge their perspective, openly debate it, otherwise STFU.

Quote:
Some of you can be absolute jerks.
Might want to look in the mirror pal. Maybe we can create an "#######s of the Internet" thread here and put you front and center? Would that public shaming be kosher in your mind? You want to talk about jerks? Selecting people for pubic shaming based on your twisted perspective is being an absolute jerk. Maybe keep that in mind when you try and cast aspersions on others? Attack the point, not the person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Jesus...what is going on in this thread? Zamler what did your simple message to do the CP collective?
Who gives a rip about zamler and their inflated level of self-importance? Are they someone of substance and consequence? No. They're some person who developed a following by taking copyrighted materials and modifying them with a Flames' theme. There are many who think post game gifs are lame and annoying, and this massive contribution was the continued dumbing down of the board. This is not some metal giant who leads the community with their deep insights on topics, this is the guy at the back of the room that makes farts noises and draws dick pictures on desks that the self-proclaimed "cool kids" think is funny.

Threads like this are cringy because people have somehow elevated themselves to being a person of consequence within the larger community when they are not. It is the fascinating display of self-importance where someone has to make a dramatic announcement of their departure when they are just one of the herd. Much more important posters with much more compelling contributions to this place have "just disappeared" and moved on without any fanfare, because that's the nature of things, the right thing to do, and does not diminish the rest of the community. You want to post something about your departure from the site, take out a obituary and people can mourn there. Otherwise, get over yourself.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2022, 07:03 PM   #146
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Good riddance.

Old 05-21-2022, 07:08 PM   #147
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

I certainly wouldn’t miss Lanny_McDonald
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Jbo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2022, 07:12 PM   #148
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
Here's a crazy thought. This place needs an "obituary" thread for the self-important dicks who think anyone cares about their departure from this virtual mortal coil. Post your departure notices there and never come back. Let people make comment there and keep it in one pathetic thread of self-importance.

You're not helping anything out. You're just as big a problem as every single person you point a boney judgmental finger at. You and your "I get to pick who gets made fun of" in your pathetic WOS IS everything wrong with CP. The self professed "cool kids" getting to decide who is right and who is wrong, who are the good fans and who aren't, and what is the proper way to cheer their team on, are full of ####. You want to challenge their perspective, openly debate it, otherwise STFU.

Might want to look in the mirror pal. Maybe we can create an "#######s of the Internet" thread here and put you front and center? Would that public shaming be kosher in your mind? You want to talk about jerks? Selecting people for pubic shaming based on your twisted perspective is being an absolute jerk. Maybe keep that in mind when you try and cast aspersions on others? Attack the point, not the person.

Who gives a rip about zamler and their inflated level of self-importance? Are they someone of substance and consequence? No. They're some person who developed a following by taking copyrighted materials and modifying them with a Flames' theme. There are many who think post game gifs are lame and annoying, and this massive contribution was the continued dumbing down of the board. This is not some metal giant who leads the community with their deep insights on topics, this is the guy at the back of the room that makes farts noises and draws dick pictures on desks that the self-proclaimed "cool kids" think is funny.

Threads like this are cringy because people have somehow elevated themselves to being a person of consequence within the larger community when they are not. It is the fascinating display of self-importance where someone has to make a dramatic announcement of their departure when they are just one of the herd. Much more important posters with much more compelling contributions to this place have "just disappeared" and moved on without any fanfare, because that's the nature of things, the right thing to do, and does not diminish the rest of the community. You want to post something about your departure from the site, take out a obituary and people can mourn there. Otherwise, get over yourself.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
Old 05-21-2022, 07:16 PM   #149
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

I feel sorry for you dude.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2022, 07:19 PM   #150
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Awwwwww, Jbo. You hurt my widdle feewings. I'm going to have to take a long break from CP and make a very public statement of you hurting my feelings as I depart. Or maybe not because I really don't care what you think because you're inconsequential to anything that matters. This site is about an opportunity to discuss issues with strangers, nothing more. The minute you take it seriously and think it matters in your real life is the minute you've lost yourself and all meaning.

BTW... custom title checks out.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:25 PM   #151
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Why not let people who enjoy PGT's and all that come with it???

Better yet, volunteer to be a moderator so you can mold this forum into what you think it should be.

Put up or shut up!
Old 05-21-2022, 07:31 PM   #152
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Better yet, volunteer to be a moderator so you can mold this forum into what you think it should be.
)
“Minimum post size will now be 4,000 characters”
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2022, 07:32 PM   #153
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Why not let people who enjoy PGT's and all that come with it???

Put up or shut up!
Of anything cringeworthy in this thread, that is by far the cringiest.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
Old 05-21-2022, 07:33 PM   #154
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Of anything cringeworthy in this thread, that is by far the cringiest.
Ok ok ok..... guilty as charged
Old 05-21-2022, 07:44 PM   #155
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

When long standing members disappear of the face of CP, some will and do wonder what happened to said poster and if he/she is okay. Especially if they've been posting for a long time and other members of this forum got to know said poster.

According to Lanny we shouldn't give a rip about said poster. Just write them off like someone we never knew. They might be strangers to someone like Lanny but to others, many have gotten to know a poster here and their life through thier postings. It's not as cut and dry as Lanny would make it.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:00 PM   #156
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
That’s kind of ridiculous though. You should be able to offer a different opinion , that’s what sparks debate. Just keep it civil.
One issue is that you post something stupid and everyone who disagrees with it posts back so positing ends up 10-20 to 1 against. I don’t think there is a good solution but when it happens it feels like you are getting ridiculed and piled on when it’s really just that you have an unpopular opinion. It’s tough to differentiate when it happens.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:06 PM   #157
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
May take a long break myself. Sick of this crap from posters that only butt in to be sarcastic and drag others down. Why in the hell would you single me out when its obvious that I'm trying to help things here?

Some of you can be absolute jerks.
Your lack of self awareness is astounding
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2022, 08:34 PM   #158
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Your lack of self awareness is astounding
What? You don't even know me.

If you did, you wouldn't say that. So I can't even take this post seriously.

If you knew the first thing about me you'd shake my hand and apologize. I'm hardly the worst that this board has to offer. Not perfect by any stretch, but I'm not here to ruffle feathers and pick bones with complete strangers.

Last edited by djsFlames; 05-21-2022 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:52 PM   #159
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I swear the ignore feature didn't work for me before. Now it is.

Well, I forsee far fewer problems moving forward.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:53 PM   #160
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
What? You don't even know me.

If you did, you wouldn't say that. So I can't even take this post seriously.

If you knew the first thing about me you'd shake my hand and apologize. I'm hardly the worst that this board has to offer.
Don’t mind me, just spinning the wheel.

Quote:
End of the day, what you are is how you conduct yourself and what you practice every day. That includes every medium in which you are engaged.

If you're timid and nice to people's faces, but you're a jerk that subtly belittled people consistently over comments and boards and social media, then at the end of the day you're not being a great person and you're dragging down the world around you in little ways each day rather than contributing to it in a way that brings value.

You can tell by the way they post that they're solid people. That's because they have integrity and don't make exceptions in their behavior for an internet board.
Who we are online is who we are, I believe the point was. And there’s much to tell about who someone is by the way they post. Or maybe you realised that there’s a bit more to people than that bit of insight had to offer?

Anyways, I’m mostly curious about who IS the worst this board has to offer? That sounds like a fun game, let’s play that one now.

I pick Corsi. Long posts? A lawyer? Comes across a little TOO smart, if you know what I mean? Kind of suspicious, all around. Bad taste in shoes, too. Can’t trust him.
Closed Thread