Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2018, 06:04 AM   #2781
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

torn Achilles for Demariyus Thomas. What a shame.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2018, 07:04 AM   #2782
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

MNF certainly has had its share of clunkers. They are getting 4th pick of the games which thin out in the bye weeks. They also don't get the protection of flexing out bad picks like SNF.

But what else is ESPN going to put in that time slot that's going to draw more viewers or subscriptions, plus provide other content. They need to eat it and try to get a deal for better match ups behind the scenes.

The NFL won't want to lose the Monday night brand so they'll need to do something to provide a better product.
Old 12-24-2018, 07:34 AM   #2783
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
That's brutal. Texans are going to have nothing left on offense for the playoffs with Fuller, Thomas and Miller all out. The Oline still sucks, so it'll basically be Watson scrambling and throwing up 50/50 balls to Hopkins. Although now that I type that out it sounds like our game plan all year anyway.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:33 AM   #2784
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Titans beat the Colts and there in, and if Houston loses to Jags (lol) they can still win the division. Luck is our daddy, so it will be tough, need a steady dose of King Henry and a healthy Marcus to have a chance.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:21 AM   #2785
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

so in the NFC Seahawks vs Cowboys almost certain. Bears and Vikings play next week and may turn around and meet again the following week.

If I were the Bears I'd let the Vikings win to avoid Philly

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:34 AM   #2786
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
so in the NFC Seahawks vs Cowboys almost certain. Bears and Vikings play next week and may turn around and meet again the following week.

If I were the Bears I'd let the Vikings win to avoid Philly
Bears offense didn't exactly play great against the Vikings defense in their earlier home game this year. Philly's defense is terrible because of the injuries. And the Vikings know the Bears better than the Eagels do. Be careful what you wish for.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:00 AM   #2787
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would very much welcome the Eagles to Chicagi iver the Vikings. Last week I wanted the Seahawks but they are coming in very strong now. Should be an interesting back to back opportunity with the Vikings
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:56 AM   #2788
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Pats could still earn #1 seed, but there is an argument that #2 is actually better for them.
You think so? I don't think they match better against Houston than Chargers or Ravens. If anything they should want to be the 1 seed to try and play the Chargers first.

No that it matters. No way both KC and LAC lose this weekend. I think there is a better chance that the Pats lose this weekend and are the 3rd seed than win and the other 2 lose to be the 1 seed.

Edit: Actually if the Pats lose they will be the 4th seed as I don't think the Ravens will be losing this weekend.

Last edited by Weitz; 12-24-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:04 AM   #2789
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Pats need the bye, they have not looked consistently good enough this year to think there's any sort of easier path. They could lose to anyone who makes the playoffs, so fewer games is obviously better.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:17 PM   #2790
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

No NFL team wants to let a Division opponent into the playoffs. Especially if it sets up a rematch the following week. So if the Bears can eliminate the Vikings they'll certainly try to do so albeit with a more Vanilla look.

I actually think that Cleveland is a dangerous opponent for Baltimore. Pittsburgh isn't dead yet because Gregg Williams is the sort to enjoy ruining another teams season more than his own team being successful. Finishing over 500 and killing off the old Browns will be like a Super bowl win for the Browns.

New England will most certainly want the top seed because they have not been a good road team this year. They don't want to chance winning two if 3 games on the road.

I think KC is the only team anyone would want to play. No one fears a team that gives up 50 points a game. Stop Mahomes one time and you win the game. You don't even need to bother with an offensive game plan for that game.

But only Los Angeles, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh would ever make Belichick a bit uncomfortable. Every other AFC team is just there but have a weakness he can easily exploit.

The NFC playoffs likely are teams beating each other for the right to get slaughtered in New Orleans. Maybe some other good match ups outside of NOLA. But no one's going to put up much of a fight against a motivated Saints team in that Dome.

Last edited by Sylvanfan; 12-24-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:24 PM   #2791
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Baltimore missed playoffs by loosing to Cincy on basically the last play of the season last year ! And the year before on an Antonio Brown TD on the last play of the game .

I am already preparing for another heartbreak ! I am thinking a strip sack of Jackson for a TD in the final minute in a tie game in FG range
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:24 PM   #2792
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man NFL refs are really incompetent these days. Ball was clearly downed by Broncos on the punt for a whole second, and yet they let the Raider grab the ball and run it back for a TD?

EDIT: Apparently I don't understand NFL rules since it stood after official review.

Last edited by Joborule; 12-24-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:53 PM   #2793
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Broncos suck. Raiders won this one easily with nobody at receiver and nobody on the offensive line. Poor Vance Joseph seeing Elway patrolling the sidelines in the 2nd half knowing he's going to receive a pink slip on black Monday. Really it's Elway that should be heading out the door.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:16 PM   #2794
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm looking forward to seeing which mediocre QB/coach that Elway is gonna fetch this off season.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:07 AM   #2795
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keenum is terrible. Would have been better off keeping Siemian or Osweiler. What a waste of a season.

On the bright side, Chubb has been a monster for the last 8 weeks or so. One of the best rookie classes in Frsnchise history.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:47 AM   #2796
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Denver will do what they always do. Wait for Irsay to screw up the Colts than scoop up a franchise QB from them. Might need to hold for a couple more years for that to happen.
Old 12-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #2797
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing which mediocre QB/coach that Elway is gonna fetch this off season.
I have to imagine Keenum is back as they incur a $10 million dead cap penalty if they cut him. Maybe they draft a QB even if this isn't a great QB draft and have him sit a season.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:44 PM   #2798
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Just terrible
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:25 PM   #2799
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I have to imagine Keenum is back as they incur a $10 million dead cap penalty if they cut him. Maybe they draft a QB even if this isn't a great QB draft and have him sit a season.
Flacco? Have to wonder if Elway will go hard after either of the Harbaughs as well to coach, rumor was he was looking at Shanahan last off season.

Seattle news, extending Carroll this week. Him and Schnieder have been now 12 years in Seattle when Allen made the bold move to cut Jim Mora after one terrible year. After cutting deadwood with guys like Whitehurst playing QB and bringing in unheralded guys and constantly changing over the roster with a goal in mind, they found success and always had guys stepping up and took chances on players that had top level talent butbthat other teams weren't sure about, and that trust and discipline to keep guys on track and buy in, paid off.

But this may be thier best year yet given the circumstances and of where they were supposed to be in the rebuid.. Cutting guys a year too early rather then too late for the Sherman and Bennetts, having to navigate the loss through career ending injury of Avril and Chancellor this year, putting up with Earl Thomas pre and post injury, but molding the defense back into a collective sum greater than its parts, and, comitted to the run and leading the league in team rushing.

Running with the Rams in both games until the final few minutes, a poor lost last week to SF, but on a confidence roll and look to be onto Dallas where they already won this year.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:46 AM   #2800
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Flacco? Have to wonder if Elway will go hard after either of the Harbaughs as well to coach, rumor was he was looking at Shanahan last off season.

Seattle news, extending Carroll this week. Him and Schnieder have been now 12 years in Seattle when Allen made the bold move to cut Jim Mora after one terrible year. After cutting deadwood with guys like Whitehurst playing QB and bringing in unheralded guys and constantly changing over the roster with a goal in mind, they found success and always had guys stepping up and took chances on players that had top level talent butbthat other teams weren't sure about, and that trust and discipline to keep guys on track and buy in, paid off.

But this may be thier best year yet given the circumstances and of where they were supposed to be in the rebuid.. Cutting guys a year too early rather then too late for the Sherman and Bennetts, having to navigate the loss through career ending injury of Avril and Chancellor this year, putting up with Earl Thomas pre and post injury, but molding the defense back into a collective sum greater than its parts, and, comitted to the run and leading the league in team rushing.

Running with the Rams in both games until the final few minutes, a poor lost last week to SF, but on a confidence roll and look to be onto Dallas where they already won this year.

John was extended on Friday.