Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2022, 09:00 PM   #1621
Flambé
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

On a separate board game tangent (I'm not sure if I should post this here or Buy and Sell):

I am looking for fellow board gamers with a love of Zombicide and Marvel to see if anyone missed the recent Marvel Zombies Kickstarter and would like to get in on it.

Marvel Zombies Kickstarter

The pledge manager opened recently and the shipping cost is blowing up small corners of the internet. I am considering cancelling my pledge, but thought I would put some feelers out to see if there is any interest to join in on the pledge to get shipping down.

Currently to ship the Undead Pledge (Core box and applicable KS rewards) is $90USD (70% of the cost for the pledge), and adding an additional Undead Pledge brings it to $107USD, add another and it goes to $122USD.

Happy to discuss more via PM if there is interest. Note: This is single wave shipping so would aim to ship June 2023, so probably early 2024...

The funny thing is I have never even played a Zombicide game before, but have heard they are fun dice chuckers, and I am a huge fan of the Marvel Zombies IP so was excited to pledge.

Cheers!
Flambé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 07:54 PM   #1622
scotty2hotty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just picked up Quests of Yore. It’s the game from Disney’s Onward. Great reviews.

We’ve never played a RPG game before and <low whistle sound> does it ever take some getting used to. I’ve spent about 2 days just reading the instructions. Lol.

Finally set up the table tonight and we’re going to dive in tomorrow. I’ll be the Quest Master guiding my wife and 2 boys (ages 8 and 9).

Definitely a bit overwhelming at first but I think I’ve wrapped my head around it and it looks like fun.

Wish me luck!

Last edited by scotty2hotty; 07-26-2022 at 05:45 AM.
scotty2hotty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty2hotty For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2022, 02:42 PM   #1623
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Not a board game but I guess it fits here better than anywhere else, Disney's coming out with a card game.

https://www.polygon.com/23342656/mtg...ood-maleficent

While I don't want to buy cards to play the game (would rather there be an online version), I might get a few of them though, this Mickey card is gorgeous.

The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2022, 10:40 AM   #1624
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Transcontinental has arrived!

https://i.postimg.cc/RVvfqcZV/8-C331...544-E15130.jpg
Old 09-14-2022, 11:11 PM   #1625
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fireball Island!
Old 09-15-2022, 07:42 AM   #1626
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Not a board game but I guess it fits here better than anywhere else, Disney's coming out with a card game.

https://www.polygon.com/23342656/mtg...ood-maleficent

While I don't want to buy cards to play the game (would rather there be an online version), I might get a few of them though, this Mickey card is gorgeous.

Would be nice if they launched an online version like Pokemon at the same time. It was always fun to play in person but having the option to play online was to easy and accessible to ignore and the fact the physical packs came with code for online packs was just awesome especially since many people didn't use them and would sell them super cheap.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:59 AM   #1627
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Fireball Island!
I remember getting this for Christmas when I was a kid and I loved it. To bad it got lost somewhere along my childhood. Luckily though last year I was able to pick one up for free on Kijiji because someone was cleaning out their attic. All pieces are there as well. I was so happy.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Superflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2022, 12:07 PM   #1628
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Did you get that through the kickstarter?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:03 PM   #1629
firebug
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Fireball Island!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ited-and-resto
When we started Restoration Games, we asked you to tell us which games to bring back. The number one request, by far, was Fireball Island. After more than a year of hard work, we are thrilled to announce: Fireball Island is back!

~P^2
firebug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to firebug For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2022, 01:25 PM   #1630
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Did you get that through the kickstarter?
Yep.
Old 09-16-2022, 02:15 PM   #1631
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Classic boardgame
  • Balderdsah

Digital boardgame
Strategy card game
Digital (strategy) card game
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 11:51 AM   #1632
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

So big news coming out about the Open Gaming License that Wizards of the Coast has under its umbrella from 2000.

Quote:
Original Story: The tabletop industry looks to be undergoing a seismic shift based on leaked documents showing that Wizards of the Coast intends to implement a more restricted Open Gaming License (OGL) agreement.

According to a recent Gizmodo report, Hasbro subsidiary Wizards of the Coast is poised to revoke its longstanding OGL, which allows for third-party publishers and fans to create D&D content using their game rules. For over 20 years, this license has empowered countless creators to make and distribute their own D&D content using tools like Kickstarter, and has allowed large publishers like Paizo, creators of Pathfinder, to become titans of the tabletop space in their own right.
https://www.ign.com/articles/wizards...gl-controversy

This is a leak, hasn't been confirmed yet. But the dnd world seems to be on fire. Lots of big content creators stating they will be shifting to their own material now.

What we will most likely see if all of this is true, will be a fractured RPG system now. Not all based off of one system and universal, but more along the lines of FFG's approach to the Star Wars RPG, independent systems/dice systems that aren't transferable. Or easily adapted anyway.

I mean the world wide response is rage, but it's hard to blame a company for getting sick of people making a living off of their license. The crappy part is that when they put this into place in 2001 they answered a FAQ stating that even if they did ever change the OGL, you can just choose to base your content off of any existing OGL. Now this new OGL says, nah scrap that we are altering the deal, pray we don't alter it further.. feels bad moment for sure.
Old 08-29-2023, 11:47 AM   #1633
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Just wanted to bump this thread.

I went to my first boardgame convention on the weekend and had a blast. Played six games and got to test the new Disney Lorcana. Went to an auction and added a few new games to my collection.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:29 PM   #1634
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

I wish we had more boardgame conventions here in Calgary.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 02:09 AM   #1635
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
I wish we had more boardgame conventions here in Calgary.
There is one from Nov 17-19
https://tabletopyyc.com/
Old 08-30-2023, 06:57 AM   #1636
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

FallCon was fun. Played 10 or 11 games, mostly new to me.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 02:18 PM   #1637
firebug
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Now that school is starting and schedules aren't so chaotic - Id be willing to host a CP Game night.

I can seat more than 30 at my place if need be, but would be happy to host a group as small as 5 or 6. Reply or PM me if you'd be interested and I'll propose a day for it.

Downside is that I'm on an acreage just west of the SW corner of the city - near ann and sandy cross conservation area (im 35 minutes from DT, 20 minutes from either Westhills or McKenzie Towne).

~P^2
firebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 07:43 AM   #1638
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebug View Post
Now that school is starting and schedules aren't so chaotic - Id be willing to host a CP Game night.

I can seat more than 30 at my place if need be, but would be happy to host a group as small as 5 or 6. Reply or PM me if you'd be interested and I'll propose a day for it.

Downside is that I'm on an acreage just west of the SW corner of the city - near ann and sandy cross conservation area (im 35 minutes from DT, 20 minutes from either Westhills or McKenzie Towne).
Schedules permitting - I would absolutely be interested.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coys1882 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2023, 10:11 AM   #1639
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Neat kickstarter up today for a folding gaming table:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...lar-affordable
Old 03-09-2024, 09:45 PM   #1640
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Munchkin card game is Friggin awesome. We just had a group of six of us playing and the game went legitimately just over 4 hours and it wasn't boring for a minute
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote