Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2021, 04:45 PM   #21
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigz17 View Post
How does that work with the cap though? In the NHL you can call up players that would otherwise put you over the cap in injury situations.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
When a guy is hurt he goes on IR and so does his salary. Call a guy up who’s salary is typically not as much so your cap compliant.
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MJK For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2021, 07:26 PM   #22
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

I thought there was penalties for hiding guys on IR once their injuries are healed. Isn't is once they hit 95 they should be taken off IR? If not the team's can lose draft picks?
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 07:46 PM   #23
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah teams can't be hiding healthy players on IR. If they can play in the sim they need to be activated. But we don't fine teams draft picks. If someone is deliberately cheating they will be fired. It's just that simple. There is no realistic way to be able to monitor everything in a way that one could consistently penalize teams which is why i say we function on the honour system.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 07:46 PM   #24
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

If a guy is hurt and can’t play he needs to go on IR

If putting that guy on IR and you are below roster min (12 F and 6D) you need to call up an AHL guy

If a guy gets back to 95CON you can take him off IR

Play the AHL guy if you need him and your guy is 95CON, you will have a couple days

When your originally injured guy is good to go, send back the AHL (if under 23) or put him on waivers

That’s how it works. The problem is Lots of guys are playing AHL guys and not calling them up and avoiding putting them on waivers, meanwhile others are playing it the right way and taking the risk of losing players. Pretty easy to see who’s playing it the right way, look at the waiver thread.

There is only one way to play this, the fair way.
Old 12-12-2021, 07:49 PM   #25
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also some guys know better and I think this thread tells me some actually don’t. If you have legit questions fire me a PM if you want.
Old 12-12-2021, 07:56 PM   #26
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hiding players in the IR is almost as bad as playing your top rated forward on the 2nd line while your team tanks

Also...just to clarify...
I dont think there's a rule saying that a player hitting 95con HAS to come off of IR. He can if you want him too but my understanding is you can choose to keep him there till he's at 100 as well.
Brayden Schenn, for example, is 97 for me right now and he's not playing until he's 100% so I'm just keeping him where he is.

Also, also...like others, I too have a curse of the Unknown Player showing up in my gamelogs.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 07:58 PM   #27
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Historically if the player CAN be played in the sim they have to come off IR.
But I have wondered if that doesn't offer enough flexibility and would be open to allowing GMs to place guys on IR if they are less than 100 CON to allow for more flexible management of rosters.
Thoughts?
Old 12-12-2021, 08:02 PM   #28
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Can be played in the sim" is subjective.
At 95, a player could jump into the game but just risks getting exhausted again that's why I try to wait until they are 100, especially during regular season.

It's not a huge deal to me as Schenn on my main roster won't hurt me cap or roster wise. If others are doing that with the intention of hiding to stay compliant, that's just greasy.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 08:10 PM   #29
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

The day my guy hits 95 or higher he is put in the lineup. Limited minutes but he plays. Keep them under a certain minutes per game and they will keep going up.

Last edited by MJK; 12-12-2021 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-12-2021, 08:15 PM   #30
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
"Can be played in the sim" is subjective.
At 95, a player could jump into the game but just risks getting exhausted again that's why I try to wait until they are 100, especially during regular season.

It's not a huge deal to me as Schenn on my main roster won't hurt me cap or roster wise. If others are doing that with the intention of hiding to stay compliant, that's just greasy.
Can play in the sim isn’t really subjective. By that I mean if the sim will let you dress them or not
Old 12-12-2021, 08:55 PM   #31
BagoPucks
First Line Centre

Exp:

Honestly, I dont think anyone actually is trying to cheat at a game by playing guys in the AHL or keeping players on IR. It is more likely that it is somewhere between a sim client weird thing (copying rosters for multiple days), human error or not paying enough attention.
BagoPucks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BagoPucks For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2021, 11:20 AM   #32
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Sniper View Post
Slightly off topic but somewhat on. I know it’s not important but it still bothers me and I would like to find the solution

I get “ Unknown Player “ dress for me every game for over a season now. There’s some teams that don’t have this issue s but he dresses every game for me. If anyone ever finds the solution could you please let me know. I don’t know what I’m doing that causes this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
I thought that it was due to GMs not filling in all 10 players on the OT list. If you go with the minimum 6 OT forwards the "unknown player" shows up in the game reports.
I changed to a 10 players OT list rather than my usual 6 and this solved the Unknown Player issue sowing up in the game roster. Nice catch SportsJunky
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2021, 02:31 AM   #33
Quigz17
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I would like to apologize for circumventing this rule. I honestly had no idea about the IR slot. All good going forward.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Quigz17 is offline   Reply With Quote