Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2021, 10:05 AM   #1
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Roster errors

Folks we need a better process for this.
Of late I've been getting a ton of PMs with Gms reporting roster violations from other teams. Dressing players on the farm team and what not.

This league largely functions on the honor system. We expect our GMs to be on top of their rosters and being in compliance.

I simply do not have time to monitor it all and be the person following up.

My ask is that each GM takes accountability and we hold each other accountable.

Meaning if someone is violating a roster rule, your first step should be to raise it with them. If they don't address it then escalate to me.

Cool?
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2021, 03:19 PM   #2
AustinL_NHL
First Line Centre

Exp:

Definitely one of those guys, as I've had players like Steven Stamkos, Ryan Strome, John Carlson and Mike Smith automatically replaced with players like Phillip Di Giuseppe, Riley Stillman, Juuso Riikola and Marcus Hogberg :')

Lines were doing great automatically and using the same lines every game but everything has gone whack since my Crosby trade
AustinL_NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 03:57 PM   #3
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

most of the time there is an issue its unintended. Vancouver and I worked through an issue that was causing the sim to barf up his lines. It ended up being because he "full farm time" turned on.
But that's what happens, if there is something wrong the sim will just dress a bunch of randos. Most of the time I don't think GMs are deliberately trying to dress AHL players (though we had a guy a few years ago doing that in an attempt to tank for a high pick) but it just means more attention to detail needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2021, 04:03 PM   #4
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Or perhaps those dressing AHL guys consistently are simply not sending lines in? How big of an issue has that been this year?
MJK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 04:22 PM   #5
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I'm guilty. I'm usually on top of my lines but I've been travelling more lately and have missed a few. I can be better.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 04:28 PM   #6
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
Or perhaps those dressing AHL guys consistently are simply not sending lines in? How big of an issue has that been this year?
Most days there are one or two teams that don't send in lines. But it's different in terms of which ones. But again I don't track it specifically - too hard. I just know, for example that, if there are 10 games, I may only have 17 lines.

I load 'em and I sim 'em.
Old 12-10-2021, 04:28 PM   #7
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish the way the sim worked is that AHL players were just terrible so if you had them accidently dressed there was a way higher probability of a loss.
Old 12-11-2021, 10:59 AM   #8
BagoPucks
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think if a farm player has ben mistakenly played up in a game and is waiver eligible. As soon as it is discovered, the team should waive the player to make it so that they can return to the AHL. GMs who dont manage their rosters risk losing their players on waivers.
BagoPucks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BagoPucks For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2021, 11:16 AM   #9
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

This happened to me for a couple of games last season, and the solution seemed to be only to have the minimum amount of players in the "Pro Players" slot of the SIM. Extra players in the "Pro Scratched" slot. Don't scratch a player manually on the 'lines' tabs, especially if you used autolines. Do it before in the 'roster' tabs.
Old 12-11-2021, 04:24 PM   #10
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had a little time today, so I looked at all of the games that were played, and there are two things happening.

1) Players who are not on any lines, and not available in the 'other' tab in LINES (for injury replacement during the game) are showing up as having played 0:00 minutes. If there were multiple injuries, which has happened in games this season, I'm not sure if they would see the ice as they are essentially 'dressed'. The solution is to move these guys all into the 'Pro Scratched' tab in the ROSTER (if they are on the CPHL roster on the website) or into the 'Farm' tab if they are in the AHL.

2) If you have an extra defenseman or forward on the CPHL team (I have one on mine for potential injuries) you have to make sure that they are put in the 'Pro Scratched' tab in the ROSTER. If they are not scratched, then autolines will put them either on the fourth defensive pairing or in the 'other' tab, and they can see 3-4 minutes a game.

Over the course of the season, having a non-eligible player on the ice can save injuries for the team, or exhaustion. Since ENDURANCE is a ratings line for players, it also increases the effectiveness of players during a game by having them more rested.

There seem to be a lot of teams with either one of these issues or both, so it's worth checking.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:05 PM   #11
Quigz17
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I assume dressing AHL guys as injury replacements is OK?
Quigz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 07:14 PM   #12
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigz17 View Post
I assume dressing AHL guys as injury replacements is OK?
Only if you call them up on the site
Old 12-12-2021, 12:18 AM   #13
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Slightly off topic but somewhat on. I know it’s not important but it still bothers me and I would like to find the solution

I get “ Unknown Player “ dress for me every game for over a season now. There’s some teams that don’t have this issue s but he dresses every game for me. If anyone ever finds the solution could you please let me know. I don’t know what I’m doing that causes this
Old 12-12-2021, 07:32 AM   #14
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Sniper View Post
Slightly off topic but somewhat on. I know it’s not important but it still bothers me and I would like to find the solution

I get “ Unknown Player “ dress for me every game for over a season now. There’s some teams that don’t have this issue s but he dresses every game for me. If anyone ever finds the solution could you please let me know. I don’t know what I’m doing that causes this
This just started happening to me but I’m starting to wonder if it’s because Kulak is a scratch but on IR? I even tried to move him down to the ahl in the sim to see if it went away but it won’t let me do that while he is hurt.
MJK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 07:44 AM   #15
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

same, it's been happening to me for years now. No idea how to fix it.

I've never used auto-lines tbh. Surprised people do
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 08:54 AM   #16
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:

I thought that it was due to GMs not filling in all 10 players on the OT list. If you go with the minimum 6 OT forwards the "unknown player" shows up in the game reports.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2021, 09:49 AM   #17
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ve always had the unknown player issue as well. No idea how to solve it. Tried wiping clean the lines and roster and starting from scratch but nothing seems to change it.

Goffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 10:17 AM   #18
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

It could be the third goalie slot which for some reason is available in the sim but can be left blank.
As an experiment Goff/Doug should dress a 3rd goalie and see if that uses up the slot.
Old 12-12-2021, 12:18 PM   #19
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m going to do both and then one at a time. Like I said I’ve had the unknown player for year or more. I’ve never dressed a 3rd or listed more than the required OT forwards

So cool, I’ll try next game
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2021, 04:38 PM   #20
Quigz17
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Only if you call them up on the site
How does that work with the cap though? In the NHL you can call up players that would otherwise put you over the cap in injury situations.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Quigz17 is offline   Reply With Quote