Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2022, 10:44 AM   #3701
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
My opinion, I think Trump is irrelevant, media creation to keep milking ratings. I don't think the GOP establishment lets Trump win again. They'll stop him in the primaries, even if it takes getting behind one person eventually, like the Democrats all dropped out to get behind Biden over Bernie.

Also, i think whoever that one person is that the GOP rallies behind against Trump, Kristi Noem will be on the ticket as the running mate.
Does anyone else reading this thread think that there is any chance Republicans don’t go all in on trump again?

Their supporters almost got him back in again last time(some of them even think they did).

I’d be very happy if what you’re predicting actually happened but based on their recent history I don’t know how your faith in that party can be described as anything other than delusional.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2022, 10:49 AM   #3702
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Love it. In what way would you say the Biden presidency has substantially improved the material conditions of the average, working-class voter?
He’s been in office for a year. How much substantial improvement would you expect to see?

I imagine much of the $1.9 trillion in covid relief went to working class voters. And most of the $1 trillion in infrastructure spending will provide jobs for the working class.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:29 AM   #3703
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
My opinion, I think Trump is irrelevant, media creation to keep milking ratings. I don't think the GOP establishment lets Trump win again. They'll stop him in the primaries, even if it takes getting behind one person eventually, like the Democrats all dropped out to get behind Biden over Bernie.

Also, i think whoever that one person is that the GOP rallies behind against Trump, Kristi Noem will be on the ticket as the running mate.
The Republican Party has been taken over by a populist revolt. The last remaining holdouts will be purged before the 2024 election. Even if Trump himself pulls out due to health or something, another demagogue will just take his place.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:35 AM   #3704
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump is all-in on vaccines and boosters, which probably cripples his chances with the base. Somebody like DeSantis can outflank him on the crazy front and we know neocon voters won't back Trump. I'm also not convinced he even wants to run again, he can do rallies and such without running, and the rallies are his real drug.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:57 AM   #3705
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Does anyone else reading this thread think that there is any chance Republicans don’t go all in on trump again?

Their supporters almost got him back in again last time(some of them even think they did).

I’d be very happy if what you’re predicting actually happened but based on their recent history I don’t know how your faith in that party can be described as anything other than delusional.
I think this was the delusional part, they were never going to get him back in and there weren't that many people. A few states, a few courts and judges, the Supreme Court, who we feared might be biased and reverse things didn't even hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Trump is all-in on vaccines and boosters, which probably cripples his chances with the base. Somebody like DeSantis can outflank him on the crazy front and we know neocon voters won't back Trump. I'm also not convinced he even wants to run again, he can do rallies and such without running, and the rallies are his real drug.
Yeah, Trump doesn't really want to do the work.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 12:45 PM   #3706
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think this was the delusional part, they were never going to get him back in and there weren't that many people. A few states, a few courts and judges, the Supreme Court, who we feared might be biased and reverse things didn't even hear it.
I wasn’t suggesting they were going to overturn the counts, but you can’t ignore the amount of votes he did get. If he wants to run in 2024 I’m confident republicans will go all in again.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 01:47 PM   #3707
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
I wasn’t suggesting they were going to overturn the counts, but you can’t ignore the amount of votes he did get. If he wants to run in 2024 I’m confident republicans will go all in again.
People just vote Dem or GOP. They didn't vote for Trump. In fact hated of Trump probably got the vote out.

The nomination is so much different than the general. Again, I think the GOP blocks Trump. Can't enrage the other side again.

Old 01-18-2022, 02:50 PM   #3708
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Quote:
People just vote Dem or GOP. They didn't vote for Trump. In fact hated of Trump probably got the vote out.

The nomination is so much different than the general. Again, I think the GOP blocks Trump. Can't enrage the other side again.
Do you have anything at all from the GOP establishment suggesting they're against Trump? Anything at all to base this theory on?
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AltaGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2022, 03:07 PM   #3709
Bs&Cs
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Yeah, what is any of that based on indeed. Didnt the party try and do that in 2016 only to see it fail massively? Forget 2016, didn't they try and do that last January after the capitol riot only to see the base pretty much turn on them?

Based on anything that's happened in the last year, what makes you think the GOP leadership has any appetite to publically condemn Trump... Using words. Let alone conspiring to block his nomination. His faboys will be out in full swing. Especially if some muppet like Hawley/Cruz is the primary competition again.
Bs&Cs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 03:18 PM   #3710
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

The Liz Cheney thing for one and I think there are others quietly behind her. There are many career Republicans who want to be president and would stab Trump in the back. Trump surprised them last time but they know who he is now.

And I'm not sure Trump even runs. These are just my predictions.

Old 01-19-2022, 09:32 PM   #3711
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
I think you gravely underestimate the political effect of legitimizing your oppositions narratives by buying into every complaining that disingenuously level for not living up to a mile high yard stick.
Expecting a guy to live up to his campaign promises when he campaigned on being a deal maker is a mile-high yard stick?

Anyways, Sinema and Manchin pretty much just sealed the next to elections for the GOP, and probably for a generation after that. Hope they at least got paid handsomely for it.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1484010848897179649

Last edited by rubecube; 01-19-2022 at 09:36 PM.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2022, 09:42 PM   #3712
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also this is hilarious. I guess he wasn't paying attention to the previous 12 years.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1483918715397853184
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2022, 10:22 PM   #3713
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If Trump and Hillary are the candidates again I'm donating my body to science much earlier than planned.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:19 PM   #3714
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
If Trump and Hillary are the candidates again I'm donating my body to science much earlier than planned.
I'm not sure science will be around by then
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2022, 02:44 PM   #3715
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Real "masks/hoods off" moment from McConnell yesterday.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1484028301895249922
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2022, 06:05 PM   #3716
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

This is one of the best campaign videos I've ever seen. Sadly it probably kills any real chance of the dude winning

Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:32 AM   #3717
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:

With the J6 commission and the ongoing investigations in Georgia and the state of New York, I have my doubts. The noose is tightening around his neck and it's only a matter of time before the truth comes out and the American people see him as a man who tried to steal an election and helped to cause the insurrection on J6th. His hard core supporters will still back him while he loses the support of the moderates.
Old 01-21-2022, 02:38 AM   #3718
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1484345914030391303
Old 01-21-2022, 06:22 AM   #3719
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump will find a way to weasel out of all of his issues until he gets re-elected...then he will do real damage.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2022, 01:12 PM   #3720
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Trump will find a way to weasel out of all of his issues until he gets re-elected...then he will do real damage.
No, no, we got him for real this time! There's no way he can get out of this one.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post: